• 63(current)
IARL - Deprecated
(2017-04-09, 01:48)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-04-08, 20:22)jdig4240 Wrote: Hey bud, since you figured out how to launch Retroarch from userdata, you might be able to help with something. How can I make a shortcut in Kodi to open Retroarch.exe thats located in special://home/userdata/retroarch/retroarch.exe? I would like to have a shortcut to Retroarch in Kodi if possible to make it easy to open and adjust settings. Any idea? Tried Advanced launcher, but doesnt seem to work from special paths.

I threw together a game list just to launch Retretroarch and not launch a game. For those interested, just save the pastebin to a file like RetroArch_App.xml and put the file in:
Code:
..path_to_userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iarl/dat_files

OSX File
Windows File
Linux File

Android, LibreElec, and OpenElec addons already have functionality to launch Retroarch. The only caveat is that currently IARL has to download something before it attempts to launch, so all this file will do is download the Internet Archive logo image (3kb file) and then launch RetroArch.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Ok, so I know this isnt an IARL issue, but do you think its possible that retroarch cant read the System folder if its in the Kodi/Userdata folder? I only say that because I have the Retroarch folder in userdata with all the files including the System folder with the correct bios files, and matched the MD5 to all of them, but when i check the PS1 emulators it still shows that the bios files are missing, also tried manually setting the path to the System folder in retroarch , but still doesnt seem to see these bios files, I made sure the names and md5 matches what the core is asking for, still doesnt see the bios files, making a black screen when opening PS1 roms. Any idea?

http://jed.one/Backgrounds/Screenshot%20(432).png
(2017-04-09, 19:33)jdig4240 Wrote: Ok, so I know this isnt an IARL issue, but do you think its possible that retroarch cant read the System folder if its in the Kodi/Userdata folder? I only say that because I have the Retroarch folder in userdata with all the files including the System folder with the correct bios files, and matched the MD5 to all of them, but when i check the PS1 emulators it still shows that the bios files are missing, also tried manually setting the path to the System folder in retroarch , but still doesnt seem to see these bios files, I made sure the names and md5 matches what the core is asking for, still doesnt see the bios files, making a black screen when opening PS1 roms. Any idea?

http://jed.one/Backgrounds/Screenshot%20(432).png

*EDIT, I got it working not sure exactly, but I extracted all retroarch files directly to Userdata rather than having a Retroarch folder in userdata. But who knows exactly what the problem was since I also downloaded Retroarch fresh this time, these things are soo picky. Anyways its working again
Question, is it possible to expand the temp_iarl to more than 20GB? Since the PS1 games could be pretty large, and most PCs these days have adequate storage to allow more than 20GB.
(2017-04-09, 20:17)jdig4240 Wrote: Question, is it possible to expand the temp_iarl to more than 20GB? Since the PS1 games could be pretty large, and most PCs these days have adequate storage to allow more than 20GB.

You could, but after 20GB, it usually makes more sense to change the location the files are going to be downloaded to, which you could change to somewhere else in the userdata path. The addon does not monitor the size of alternate folders, so the only limit at that point is the amount of storage available.
(2017-04-10, 03:27)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-04-09, 20:17)jdig4240 Wrote: Question, is it possible to expand the temp_iarl to more than 20GB? Since the PS1 games could be pretty large, and most PCs these days have adequate storage to allow more than 20GB.

You could, but after 20GB, it usually makes more sense to change the location the files are going to be downloaded to, which you could change to somewhere else in the userdata path. The addon does not monitor the size of alternate folders, so the only limit at that point is the amount of storage available.

Ahh, gotcha, easy enough, thanks!
(2017-04-08, 04:20)zachmorris Wrote: The black screen thing definitely sounds like a BIOS issue. The bios files need to be named exactly correctly and be the all lower case, just google for the MD5 sum to find the correct file:
Code:
scph5500.bin (MD5 sum: 8dd7d5296a650fac7319bce665a6a53c)
scph5501.bin (MD5 sum: 490f666e1afb15b7362b406ed1cea246)
scph5502.bin (MD5 sum: 32736f17079d0b2b7024407c39bd3050)

Are the same files needed on milhouses libreelec builds (leia prebuilds) for rpi3, if yes: where to put them? If no: which one are needed? [emoji6]
(2017-04-10, 15:14)linkinsoldier Wrote:
(2017-04-08, 04:20)zachmorris Wrote: The black screen thing definitely sounds like a BIOS issue. The bios files need to be named exactly correctly and be the all lower case, just google for the MD5 sum to find the correct file:
Code:
scph5500.bin (MD5 sum: 8dd7d5296a650fac7319bce665a6a53c)
scph5501.bin (MD5 sum: 490f666e1afb15b7362b406ed1cea246)
scph5502.bin (MD5 sum: 32736f17079d0b2b7024407c39bd3050)

Are the same files needed on milhouses libreelec builds (leia prebuilds) for rpi3, if yes: where to put them? If no: which one are needed? [emoji6]

Yes, same files. The bios / system folder is different for each plugin. It's located in the userdata plugin folder. So it would be:
Code:
..path_to_userdata/addon_data/game.libretro.beetle-psx/system
or
..path_to_userdata/addon_data/game.libretro.pcsx-rearmed/system

Etc.
So I'm trying to use ePSXe for PS1. I chose the ePSXe (the first one, since the second one doesn't appear to do anything.) through the External Launch list.

I keep getting this error
https://imgur.com/a/FULCf

If I go to ePSXe after it errors, I can find the rom and it'll play just fine.

Do I need to edit the launch command?
(2017-04-11, 04:01)XorCist Wrote: So I'm trying to use ePSXe for PS1. I chose the ePSXe (the first one, since the second one doesn't appear to do anything.) through the External Launch list.

The default launch command points to an m3u file, which ePSXe does not support. You can update the post dl command to make the addon point to a cue file, which ePSXe does support.

I just added a function in the last update to support this, so it's not really documented yet. To do this, go to the addon settings / advanced settings / enable post DL command (this is off by default so people that dont know what it does wont mess with it).

Now go to the game archive, and there will be a context menu for 'Update Post DL Action', Select that and change it to 'Unzip Archive, Launch cue'.

Good luck with Puzzle Fighter II Turbo!
(2017-04-11, 05:48)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-04-11, 04:01)XorCist Wrote: So I'm trying to use ePSXe for PS1. I chose the ePSXe (the first one, since the second one doesn't appear to do anything.) through the External Launch list.

The default launch command points to an m3u file, which ePSXe does not support. You can update the post dl command to make the addon point to a cue file, which ePSXe does support.

I just added a function in the last update to support this, so it's not really documented yet. To do this, go to the addon settings / advanced settings / enable post DL command (this is off by default so people that dont know what it does wont mess with it).

Now go to the game archive, and there will be a context menu for 'Update Post DL Action', Select that and change it to 'Unzip Archive, Launch cue'.

Good luck with Puzzle Fighter II Turbo!

Thanks for the instructions! Worked like a champ!

Thanks for such a great addon!
Hey Zack, can you check my log quick and tell me whats going wrong? I get an IARL error when clicking the games. Everything actually still works and games open fine surprizingly, just curious whats causing this error?

Mostly : ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.iarl/extrathumbs/

LOG: http://jed.one/Other%20stuff/iral2kodi.log

****Update:
Seems by changing to setting "Addon Content Type" to tv shows from movies seemed to fix it so far. Ill let you know, thanks..
(2017-04-14, 04:07)jdig4240 Wrote: Hey Zack, can you check my log quick and tell me whats going wrong? I get an IARL error when clicking the games. Everything actually still works and games open fine surprizingly, just curious whats causing this error?

Mostly : ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.iarl/extrathumbs/

The GetDirectory errors are 'normal'. Thats just stating there are no files in the folder listed, which is true, since they're technically not there. It's a secondary effect from the routing thats happening in the addon. There's no way I've been able to find to suppress that error yet, but it doesn't cause any issues (other than dirtying up the log file).
(2017-04-14, 04:33)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-04-14, 04:07)jdig4240 Wrote: Hey Zack, can you check my log quick and tell me whats going wrong? I get an IARL error when clicking the games. Everything actually still works and games open fine surprizingly, just curious whats causing this error?

The GetDirectory errors are 'normal'. Thats just stating there are no files in the folder listed, which is true, since they're technically not there. It's a secondary effect from the routing thats happening in the addon. There's no way I've been able to find to suppress that error yet, but it doesn't cause any issues (other than dirtying up the log file).

Yes, i believe you did say that before, but i was actually getting a Kodi error pop up when navigating around IARL. By Changing the "Addon Content Type" to tv shows from movies seemed to fix it.
What i believe happened was i set up all my views while the setting was set to tv shows, then i may have changed the setting to movies after changing the views in the skin, which i think caused the conflict.
Hello! Tell me please, is there any way to force of using the proxy-server in this wonderful addon? In my country archive.org blocked at all, so addon can't download any ROM Sad Thanks in advance!
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10