• 66(current)
IARL - Deprecated
(2017-05-03, 04:28)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-05-03, 03:03)sigfunaris Wrote: I can't get this working on Android.
Looked on Google and it seems many Android users are struggling to get this working.

I followed the wiki, but when I start any game it shows up the retroarch config page.

Any suggestions?

Provide a log, per the first post. Ensure you are pointing to the configuration file that Retroarch is using, per the wiki. When you get it working, provide me some feedback on updating the instructions to make it easier for everyone.

Here's the log
https://paste.ubuntu.com/24506895/

The folder "emulated" is empty when I browse through Kodi
I'm looking to install IARL on a LibreELEC RPi3 build following the instructions from the wiki https://github.com/zach-morris/plugin.program.iarl/wiki and I don't know if I'm not following the instructions for the RPi build, or my install is failing.

1. I install the LiberELEC Community Edition build to my RPI3.
2. Install the IARL Addon.
3. For setup I get confused. Do I follow the (1) Basic Setup instructions, (3) Setup with GamePlayer RPi or (5) Setup with LibreELEC ?

GamePlayer RPi instructions say Retroarch should be installed by GamePlayer (but isn't Retroarch included in the LibreELEC Community Edition build?)
LibreELEC instructions say Retroarch comes from community build.

IARL Basic Setup says to define System Type - but "For Android / LibreElec / OpenElec / Gamestarter users, you don't need to define this value. That information is already included the addon."
On my system it is not defined - have I missed a step?
If I need to manually set this, what options do I select for LibreELEC RPi ?

Thanks for any detail step-by-steps. I want to make sure I'm not adding extra components to my LibreELEC env (eg. 2 installs of Retroarch).

Cheers.
(2017-05-04, 01:51)kidhazy Wrote: I'm looking to install IARL on a LibreELEC RPi3 build following the instructions from the wiki https://github.com/zach-morris/plugin.program.iarl/wiki and I don't know if I'm not following the instructions for the RPi build, or my install is failing.

1. I install the LiberELEC Community Edition build to my RPI3.
2. Install the IARL Addon.
3. For setup I get confused. Do I follow the (1) Basic Setup instructions, (3) Setup with GamePlayer RPi or (5) Setup with LibreELEC ?

GamePlayer RPi instructions say Retroarch should be installed by GamePlayer (but isn't Retroarch included in the LibreELEC Community Edition build?)
LibreELEC instructions say Retroarch comes from community build.

IARL Basic Setup says to define System Type - but "For Android / LibreElec / OpenElec / Gamestarter users, you don't need to define this value. That information is already included the addon."
On my system it is not defined - have I missed a step?
If I need to manually set this, what options do I select for LibreELEC RPi ?

Thanks for any detail step-by-steps. I want to make sure I'm not adding extra components to my LibreELEC env (eg. 2 installs of Retroarch).

Cheers.

Hmm.. I see the confusion there. I would set it to 'LibreElec x86'. I'm fairly certain it should work since looking at Escalades git there's only one set of launch commands. I can update the wiki for this and maybe the settings name.
Nothing Zac?
(2017-05-04, 20:47)sigfunaris Wrote: Nothing Zac?

The launch command that IARL is sending looks OK to me. And it looks like IARL is getting the required files just fine.
The command IARL sends is (from the log):
Code:
/system/bin/am start --user 0 -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e ROM "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iarl/temp_iarl/Ice Hockey (USA).nes" -e LIBRETRO /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/nestopia_libretro_android.so -e CONFIGFILE /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.retroarch/files/retroarch.cfg -e IME com.android.inputmethod.latin/.LatinIME -n com.retroarch/.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture

Things to check:
- Ensure the config file set in Retroarch is set to the same thing IARL is pointing to, per the wiki
Code:
/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.retroarch/files/retroarch.cfg
- Ensure Retroarch is not running in the background before you launch a game (this is a limitation in Android), Retroarch needs to be exited before the launch command will work.
- Ensure Retroarch has the nestopia core, and the Retroarch settings are pointing to
Code:
/data/data/com.retroarch/cores
for the cores directory

If all else fails, here are the general steps to find out where the launch command is being tripped up, or where your retroarch setup isn't complete.

Let me know what the issue ends up being and how I can update the wiki to help other users.
Thanks
If i wanted to transfer iarl to another kodi build keeping all the cached images eg, boxart background ect, so that when i install to another device, i dont have to go through the process of caching everything again,
would that be possible?if so how would i go about it, thanks.
(2017-05-05, 04:52)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-05-04, 20:47)sigfunaris Wrote: Nothing Zac?

The launch command that IARL is sending looks OK to me. And it looks like IARL is getting the required files just fine.
The command IARL sends is (from the log):
Code:
/system/bin/am start --user 0 -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e ROM "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iarl/temp_iarl/Ice Hockey (USA).nes" -e LIBRETRO /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/nestopia_libretro_android.so -e CONFIGFILE /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.retroarch/files/retroarch.cfg -e IME com.android.inputmethod.latin/.LatinIME -n com.retroarch/.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture

Things to check:
- Ensure the config file set in Retroarch is set to the same thing IARL is pointing to, per the wiki
Code:
/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.retroarch/files/retroarch.cfg
- Ensure Retroarch is not running in the background before you launch a game (this is a limitation in Android), Retroarch needs to be exited before the launch command will work.
- Ensure Retroarch has the nestopia core, and the Retroarch settings are pointing to
Code:
/data/data/com.retroarch/cores
for the cores directory

If all else fails, here are the general steps to find out where the launch command is being tripped up, or where your retroarch setup isn't complete.

Let me know what the issue ends up being and how I can update the wiki to help other users.
Thanks

I did a fresh install of retroarch, with default settings, I installed the nestopia core and the game starts fine.
Other emulators still don't work. I'm still debugging to find out what's going on.
Quote:I did a fresh install of retroarch, with default settings, I installed the nestopia core and the game starts fine.
Other emulators still don't work. I'm still debugging to find out what's going on.

Nope, only NES works. I hate retroarch. I give up
Quote:If all else fails, here are the general steps to find out where the launch command is being tripped up, or where your retroarch setup isn't complete.

Thanks

I read the wiki so I installed an Android terminal to run a command and see where it fails.
The problem is that the folder /data can't be open. I guess I need root privileges to do so.
Is this where all my problems lay on?
im trying to get FBA and mame working in LE8, ive installed retroarch on my x96 box,along with the 32libs addon have run the setup wizard for iarl but whenever i try to run any mame or fba rom, nothing seems to happen, both of the paths are pointing to the cores, i can get gba and nes,snes working fine, just not sure how to go about fixing it.
(2017-05-14, 07:30)kpop Wrote: im trying to get FBA and mame working in LE8, ive installed retroarch on my x96 box,along with the 32libs addon have run the setup wizard for iarl but whenever i try to run any mame or fba rom, nothing seems to happen, both of the paths are pointing to the cores, i can get gba and nes,snes working fine, just not sure how to go about fixing it.

I'm working on an update currently for both of these. FBA is updated to a new version / new archive. MAME also updated to a new / new archive.
nice one, look forward to the update, great program.
Is there anyway to use this to play my locally hosted files, on my server? This is the only rom collection addon I can get to work properly but I really would rather just play them off my server.
Not with IARL. And game libraries are not yet implemented either. If you have Retroplayer enabled or use Garbear/Milhouse/my builds, a network share will work. It won't be pretty, but you can browse to your files and start the games there. ISO, BIN, CUE, and some other file types are historically linked to videos, so you will have to use some workarounds to get those files to play, unless you are using one of the mentioned builds. Also, I believe zip files and/or network shares are not supported in some emulator cores. So basically, the answer to your question is "sort of, and with some effort".
(2017-05-29, 04:23)johnlrose1979 Wrote: Is there anyway to use this to play my locally hosted files, on my server? This is the only rom collection addon I can get to work properly but I really would rather just play them off my server.

Like MrT said. Sort of, for now.

If you had to have the files on a local server, and the server supports serving up http, then it can work no problem. The XML files just point to the correct http archive, and you can easily change the URL to a local server. It would be a fairly simple change from "archive.org" to "localhostxyz" as the base_url.

The only 'local' option otherwise right now is a local drive / hard drive on the machine you're playing on. See offline gaming setup here.

You are the *first* person who's said this is the only rom collection addon they could get working Tongue It's usually the other way around
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10