• 69(current)
IARL - Deprecated
(2017-07-06, 07:56)CrazyGamerTV Wrote: I just found out about this add-on and I am really enjoying it. Thank You for creating such a great add-on!!!

I already changed the settings for if a rom is found on local device don't download . I have also set it to only one rom for the cache folder...I think this is meant to save my device's storage so I don't end up with a bunch of unused roms? Please correct me if I am wrong about that... I would like to know if my game saves / progress gets saved somewhere though.

I have everything setup and it works great but I seem to be missing something in the settings maybe? Whenever I play a game and then quit retroarch it goes back to SPMC which I like. Then if I go back into the IARL later to play the same game it downloads it again even though it is already in the cache folder. Is there anyway to fix this? I am also wondering if it is legal to download roms from archive.org?

I am using SPMC 17 3rd Alpha on a Android 6.0 Mi box.

Thanks for any feedback and thanks again for making this great add-on!

All of your questions are covered in the wiki.
Cache / game files
If the cache is set to Zero, then essentially it will purge the temporary cache every time you try and launch a game (i.e. no cache is used). If you want to save one game and then close it and launch that same exact game again, set the cache to something small that is non-zero (depending on the game you're playing).

Is it legal? I'm not a lawyer, but I believe archive.org has been granted a DMCA exemption 'for the purpose of preservation or archival reproduction of published digital works by a library or archive.' See here and here.
Loving IARL. Thank you and everyone else for all the hard work. Seeing a strange issue on libreelec s905x where some archives returning no file or logon required while most others work fine. Have login credentials configered and same settings working fine for all archives on android so not sure what my issue may be. Any help is much appreciated. Thx!
(2017-07-17, 05:11)WuZaa Wrote: Loving IARL. Thank you and everyone else for all the hard work. Seeing a strange issue on libreelec s905x where some archives returning no file or logon required while most others work fine. Have login credentials configered and same settings working fine for all archives on android so not sure what my issue may be. Any help is much appreciated. Thx!

Hmm. I don't have a S905 box to test on. Any chance you can get a debug log from the box?
Hi !
First of all; thanks for your admirable work and theo time you spend for it.

I've got a question for you. I'm going to make a little PC only for retrogaming propose. It will be on my holiday's house with NO INTERNET connexion at all.

So i've got 2 questions :

1) When I try to disconnect my ethernet cart, IARL refuse to lauch, asking for http://plugins ... Is there a way to bypass that in offline mode ?

2) I found in the Faq how I can download the game that I need manually and then launch it in offline mode , even if i've got no connexion. I change the path and put t a 20 giga limit.

Anyway, your addon is so beautiful with all thoses artworks ! But it seems that there are downloaded everytime and not stocked in local.

Is there a way to have the artwork saved in local to work with no internet connexion ? If not, do you have a big pack somewhere ? ( I will correct the XML manually to direct point to local )

Thanks for all

Bye
(2017-07-18, 16:10)yevaman44 Wrote: 1) When I try to disconnect my ethernet cart, IARL refuse to lauch, asking for http://plugins ... Is there a way to bypass that in offline mode ?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I can launch IARL if there is no internet connection. I've tested this by just turning off my wifi and then launching the addon and that seems to work. Can you provide a log?

(2017-07-18, 16:10)yevaman44 Wrote: 2) I found in the Faq how I can download the game that I need manually and then launch it in offline mode , even if i've got no connexion. I change the path and put t a 20 giga limit.

Possibly your setup isn't quite right. I've tested this as well by starting a game with the internet connected, then closing the addon, turning off wifi, and then starting the addon and launching the same game which works.

(2017-07-18, 16:10)yevaman44 Wrote: Anyway, your addon is so beautiful with all thoses artworks ! But it seems that there are downloaded everytime and not stocked in local.

All the artwork is downloaded / cached by Kodi. You do have to be connected to the internet for Kodi to grab the artwork. After that it should be cached and be available, although I'm not super familiar with how the artwork cache works and when it's cleaned by Kodi.

You might want to take a look at AEL as well, which can launch local games.
Hi there... Here a RPi3 LE8 user.

Can't find a way to configure "External launch command" for RPi-Gamestarter (currently at LE8 and Gamestarter-v2.9). Or even set the download folder. Are these broken or something not documented..?

I followed this instructions with no luck! :/

Games run flawlessly from local roms, archive.org credentials have been added and rom downloading works but don't know where!

Cheers!
(2017-07-20, 18:14)xel_arjona Wrote: Hi there... Here a RPi3 LE8 user.

Can't find a way to configure "External launch command" for RPi-Gamestarter (currently at LE8 and Gamestarter-v2.9). Or even set the download folder. Are these broken or something not documented..?

I followed this instructions with no luck! :/

Games run flawlessly from local roms, archive.org credentials have been added and rom downloading works but don't know where!

Cheers!

Got It!

Following your previous reply understood what your plugin should do, then realize that for each console collection we must select what core should be launched! I think you should make this explicit on wiki for future references! Big Grin

Thanks for your good work and excelent add-on

Cheers!
Master Zach, I downloaded zip files from the address you provided, but none of them Kodi recognizes, both repository and adds. When I went to open the file, WInzip said it was corrupted. Did I do something wrong?
(2017-07-24, 22:01)Mauricio Maurente Wrote: Master Zach, I downloaded zip files from the address you provided, but none of them Kodi recognizes, both repository and adds. When I went to open the file, WInzip said it was corrupted. Did I do something wrong?

Github is a little weird. You have to click on the zip file you want to download, and then click on the button to the right that says download from this page:
https://github.com/zach-morris/repositor...-1.0.0.zip

The download link then points to the actual file to download:
Hi Zachmorris, first and foremost thanks for creating this great addon.
I don't know if it's a known bug bug but i have a problme with the login, as in even if i enable the login in the settings i can't enter User and Pass because there is no entry ni the settings.
Probably it depends on the fact that i'm using LibreElec 9 (Millhouse build, x86_64), because on LibreElec 8 I didn't have this problem.
Is there a workaround? i tried putting User and Pass directly in the settings file with no effect.
(2017-07-24, 23:32)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-07-24, 22:01)Mauricio Maurente Wrote: Master Zach, I downloaded zip files from the address you provided, but none of them Kodi recognizes, both repository and adds. When I went to open the file, WInzip said it was corrupted. Did I do something wrong?

Github is a little weird. You have to click on the zip file you want to download, and then click on the button to the right that says download from this page:

Thank you Master Zach, this worked. But another obstacle appeared. Kodi says that virtual.system-tools is missing. My Kodi is Leia, I use the MQ8 skin of the MediaBrasil forum (xbmcbrasil.net). The administrator is Wanilton, who is also in the Kodi forum. Is there any problem?
(2017-07-25, 10:48)Loyeng Wrote: Hi Zachmorris, first and foremost thanks for creating this great addon.
I don't know if it's a known bug bug but i have a problme with the login, as in even if i enable the login in the settings i can't enter User and Pass because there is no entry ni the settings.
Probably it depends on the fact that i'm using LibreElec 9 (Millhouse build, x86_64), because on LibreElec 8 I didn't have this problem.
Is there a workaround? i tried putting User and Pass directly in the settings file with no effect.

In general settings, there's a seting for 'enable login'. After you check that, you should get two more settings below for user and password. You might have to scroll down to see the new settings depending on your screen size. If you don't get those settings I'd like to see a log when you're trying. That functionality is just a part of Kodi, so if it doesn't work, then we should probably post an issue for that.

If you still can't enter the login and pass from the settings GUI, you can edit the settings xml file:
Code:
<setting id="iarl_enable_login" value="Enabled" />
<setting id="iarl_setting_ia_password" value="xxxxxx" />
<setting id="iarl_setting_ia_username" value="[email protected]" />
(2017-07-25, 23:56)Mauricio Maurente Wrote:
(2017-07-24, 23:32)zachmorris Wrote:

Thank you Master Zach, this worked. But another obstacle appeared. Kodi says that virtual.system-tools is missing. My Kodi is Leia, I use the MQ8 skin of the MediaBrasil forum (xbmcbrasil.net). The administrator is Wanilton, who is also in the Kodi forum. Is there any problem?

virtual.system-tools is listed as optional. Does the install fail, or do you just get some sort of warning? This is optional for linux / Libreelec users to enable 7zip support only, so if your on windows you will not notice a difference.
Really Zach! Below was the ok button, I had not seen it. But my novel continues. When trying to run the Kodi asked to indicate the path to the Retro. Even after I have already indicated. Then I opened the Retroarch folder, I ran the executable and it said that the DLL was missing: d3dx9_43. I downloaded it from a Google search and pasted it into system32. Only now the file has an error while executing. Not even open.
If this is already out of your control, please tell me where to find help. Before I forget, at DLL-files.com, I tried, but I do not want to pay $ 24 for a DLL.
(2017-07-27, 03:01)Mauricio Maurente Wrote: Really Zach! Below was the ok button, I had not seen it. But my novel continues. When trying to run the Kodi asked to indicate the path to the Retro. Even after I have already indicated. Then I opened the Retroarch folder, I ran the executable and it said that the DLL was missing: d3dx9_43. I downloaded it from a Google search and pasted it into system32. Only now the file has an error while executing. Not even open.
If this is already out of your control, please tell me where to find help. Before I forget, at DLL-files.com, I tried, but I do not want to pay $ 24 for a DLL.

Kodi, IARL, and Retroarch are 100% free. Anyone or anything that says otherwise is selling snakeoil.
The problem you're having seems to have something to do with your retroarch installation and not IARL.

A quick googling showed this: https://forums.libretro.com/t/crash-on-s...ter/3088/3

In addition, the steps to setup IARL with Retroarch are here.
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10