• 72(current)
IARL - Deprecated
Working fine, just uninstall and reinstalled. Thank you again
Working for me too, although I think I found a bug. After a game list is updated, the old cached list is not cleared so your addon may still pull up the old list. I'll have to fix that. In the meantime, you can manually clear the cache by selecting the game list, brining up the context menu, and selecting 'refresh list'.
Hi zac currently running iarl and retroarch on a firestick but n64 games won't launch they work fine in mupen64 plus free but I can't seem to find a manual command line for external launcher that works ? Any help would be much appreciated thanks
Hi zac have iarl running on a firestick but n64 games won't launch through retro arch but work fine in mupen64plusfree has any one found a working external launch command that works I tried the 1 on page 35 but with no luck any help would be much appreciated thanks
(2017-08-12, 19:21)doctor1577 Wrote: Hi zac have iarl running on a firestick but n64 games won't launch through retro arch but work fine in mupen64plusfree has any one found a working external launch command that works I tried the 1 on page 35 but with no luck any help would be much appreciated thanks

Trying to play N64 on a firestick is like trying to run in an indy 500 race with the Flintstones car. That being said, I see there's some commands listed here that aren't in my list of commands that I can add to my next update.

I believe you could get it to work currently by using 'Manual Command' and pasting:

Non-Root Android ( will load the emulator menu with the correct rom selected ):
Code:
start -n paulscode.android.mupen64plus.free/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.MainActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%ROM_PATH%"

or

Root Android ( will first load the emulator with the correct rom and then reload to the play menu to either resume where you last left off on your game or restart the emu so the game is at first boot ):
Code:
-c 'am start -n paulscode.android.mupen64plus.free/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.MainActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%ROM_PATH%" && am start -S -n paulscode.android.mupen64plus.free/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.PlayMenuActivity'
Lmao Flintstones. Stick doesn't do that bad actually using standalones even does dreamcast (reicast) without much lag lol thanks but that command didn't work but after reviewing launch command for epsxe that does work I tried this and was delighted

/system/bin/am start --user 0 -n paulscode.android.mupen64plus.free/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.MainActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%ROM_PATH%"

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction much appreciated
(2017-08-13, 03:17)doctor1577 Wrote: Lmao Flintstones. Stick doesn't do that bad actually using standalones even does dreamcast (reicast) without much lag lol thanks but that command didn't work but after reviewing launch command for epsxe that does work I tried this and was delighted

/system/bin/am start --user 0 -n paulscode.android.mupen64plus.free/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.MainActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%ROM_PATH%"

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction much appreciated

Well, color me surprised if it works well enough. Thanks for the info, I'll add this to the addon.
Dear friend Zach, I finally found out what was missing. Where should I choose as performance, worked only by choosing Retroplayer.
But I was confused when I received the notice "this game is not compatible with any of the available emulators". Does this mean that it will download only ROMS? The Emulator does not?
But if I should indicate only 3 emulators, it will be missing for many ROMs.
Amazing add-on, I'm having the same issues as several other people here with no way to enter the archive login and pass. Login enabled, the new entries never show up. It's not a screen size issue here either. Strange.
(2017-08-25, 05:25)Roncore Wrote: Amazing add-on, I'm having the same issues as several other people here with no way to enter the archive login and pass. Login enabled, the new entries never show up. It's not a screen size issue here either. Strange.

Can you provide a pastebin full debug log of when your enabling / disabling login in the settings? What version of Kodi are you running? I suppose if this is some sort of issue with a newer version of Kodi, I can just default the settings to visible. Currently, it's setup so they only become visible after you select login enabled.
(2017-08-25, 05:32)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-08-25, 05:25)Roncore Wrote: Amazing add-on, I'm having the same issues as several other people here with no way to enter the archive login and pass. Login enabled, the new entries never show up. It's not a screen size issue here either. Strange.

Can you provide a pastebin full debug log of when your enabling / disabling login in the settings? What version of Kodi are you running? I suppose if this is some sort of issue with a newer version of Kodi, I can just default the settings to visible. Currently, it's setup so they only become visible after you select login enabled.

Sure will when I get home, I don't have exact build # on me right now, but it's then nightly from 2 days ago.
I'm on mac os I've watched videos on how to use internet archive rom launcher i have installed RetroArch followed all the steps went into the add on set RetroArch as the external launcher and updated the launch commands chose what i believe to be the correct one for snes and other consoles but it does not work every time i try and load a game the loading symbol appears on screen in the kodi then nothing I click on the game again and nothing can someone please help i just wanna have fun too hahahah
Really awesome set up here. I had trouble with the coleco games trying retroarch, mess mame bluemsx. Don't know if its been brought up before. I switched to Game_Files so could see the files and found coleco not working. Got to the cartridge screen so then was looking at the extensions it would show .1 or .2 tried changing these to the different accepted extensions and nothing...

Then tried just looking for specific extensions online and found

So tried them stand alone retroarch and worked immediately. So moved them to the Game_Files n had switched to "do not download" so after first time I would just delete and replace and they work through your add-on. Idk if they could be swapped out in the repository but they all seem to be .col

{edit}
-------------------So just now I went in and downloaded one of your coleco and changed the extension to .col and works bluemsx retroarch sweet guess just need to rename them to .col ----------------------

idk about other emulators but I wanted to share this cause it works 123. Seen all the posts asking how and never saw rename to .col. Cause had tried .rom and didn't work. So thought all extensions change wouldn't work. Didn't go farther till I saw the other download's .col extension work...
Maybe similar change will carry over into other systems consoles...

Maybe add into the coleco description to switch to Game_files and rename to .col

Just some more info for coleco try
Did the database machines copy
changed cfg msx to col - colecovision
(now wondering if even have to change the type with the quick settings changing it over to coleco in retroarch)

Thanks so much awesome add-on
(2017-09-04, 20:37)onhalf Wrote: Really awesome set up here. I had trouble with the coleco games trying retroarch, mess mame bluemsx. Don't know if its been brought up before. I switched to Game_Files so could see the files and found coleco not working. Got to the cartridge screen so then was looking at the extensions it would show .1 or .2 tried changing these to the different accepted extensions and nothing...

Then tried just looking for specific extensions online and found

So tried them stand alone retroarch and worked immediately. So moved them to the Game_Files n had switched to "do not download" so after first time I would just delete and replace and they work through your add-on. Idk if they could be swapped out in the repository but they all seem to be .col

{edit}
-------------------So just now I went in and downloaded one of your coleco and changed the extension to .col and works bluemsx retroarch sweet guess just need to rename them to .col ----------------------

idk about other emulators but I wanted to share this cause it works 123. Seen all the posts asking how and never saw rename to .col. Cause had tried .rom and didn't work. So thought all extensions change wouldn't work. Didn't go farther till I saw the other download's .col extension work...
Maybe similar change will carry over into other systems consoles...

Maybe add into the coleco description to switch to Game_files and rename to .col

Just some more info for coleco try
Did the database machines copy
changed cfg msx to col - colecovision
(now wondering if even have to change the type with the quick settings changing it over to coleco in retroarch)

Thanks so much awesome add-on

I've tried to get colecovision to work more reliably, but the blueMSX core currently just crashes on a Mac, so I can't really test it. There is probably a better list of games that I could use for coleco if I could find the magic that makes blueMSX work..

At any rate, if you want to change the current coleco game list to rename the file automatically, you can use an advanced setting:
1) Open up IARL settings, advanced tab, select "Enable Editing of Post DL Command" and then hit OK to save settings.
2) Open up IARL and select coleco, then right click / bring up the context menu and select "Update Post DL Command"
3) Select "Update Downloaded File Extension"
4) Enter "col" to rename the files to col after they're downloaded

That should work.. I think.
Hi, is there some way to get the Game Trailer to stop playing when you exit the Rom Info Page.

The closest I've got is using the keymap below BUT being global it has side effects, in that once you exit then esc doesn't still go any further back

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<escape>Stop</escape>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

For movies I can use this. Is there an equivalent non global option that will restrict it to the Rom Info Page?

<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<escape>Stop</escape>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

Also does IARL work in the Kodi 18 retroplayer test build without retroarch? I tried but the iarl setupwizard wouldn't run without oath to retroarch setup (path option has vanished on kodi 18 also?).
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10