Internet Archive ROM Launcher

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.56 Average
dataghost1984 Offline
Working fine, just uninstall and reinstalled. Thank you again
find quote
zachmorris Offline
Fan
Working for me too, although I think I found a bug. After a game list is updated, the old cached list is not cleared so your addon may still pull up the old list. I'll have to fix that. In the meantime, you can manually clear the cache by selecting the game list, brining up the context menu, and selecting 'refresh list'.
find quote
doctor1577 Offline
Hi zac currently running iarl and retroarch on a firestick but n64 games won't launch they work fine in mupen64 plus free but I can't seem to find a manual command line for external launcher that works ? Any help would be much appreciated thanks
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-12 05:04 by doctor1577.)
find quote
doctor1577 Offline
Hi zac have iarl running on a firestick but n64 games won't launch through retro arch but work fine in mupen64plusfree has any one found a working external launch command that works I tried the 1 on page 35 but with no luck any help would be much appreciated thanks
find quote
zachmorris Offline
Fan
(2017-08-12 19:21)doctor1577 Wrote:  Hi zac have iarl running on a firestick but n64 games won't launch through retro arch but work fine in mupen64plusfree has any one found a working external launch command that works I tried the 1 on page 35 but with no luck any help would be much appreciated thanks

Trying to play N64 on a firestick is like trying to run in an indy 500 race with the Flintstones car. That being said, I see there's some commands listed here that aren't in my list of commands that I can add to my next update.

I believe you could get it to work currently by using 'Manual Command' and pasting:

Non-Root Android ( will load the emulator menu with the correct rom selected ):
Code:
start -n paulscode.android.mupen64plus.free/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.MainActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%ROM_PATH%"

or

Root Android ( will first load the emulator with the correct rom and then reload to the play menu to either resume where you last left off on your game or restart the emu so the game is at first boot ):
Code:
-c 'am start -n paulscode.android.mupen64plus.free/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.MainActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%ROM_PATH%" && am start -S -n paulscode.android.mupen64plus.free/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.PlayMenuActivity'
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-12 22:03 by zachmorris.)
find quote
doctor1577 Offline
Lmao Flintstones. Stick doesn't do that bad actually using standalones even does dreamcast (reicast) without much lag lol thanks but that command didn't work but after reviewing launch command for epsxe that does work I tried this and was delighted

/system/bin/am start --user 0 -n paulscode.android.mupen64plus.free/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.MainActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%ROM_PATH%"

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction much appreciated
find quote
zachmorris Offline
Fan
(2017-08-13 03:17)doctor1577 Wrote:  Lmao Flintstones. Stick doesn't do that bad actually using standalones even does dreamcast (reicast) without much lag lol thanks but that command didn't work but after reviewing launch command for epsxe that does work I tried this and was delighted

/system/bin/am start --user 0 -n paulscode.android.mupen64plus.free/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.MainActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%ROM_PATH%"

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction much appreciated

Well, color me surprised if it works well enough. Thanks for the info, I'll add this to the addon.
find quote
Mauricio Maurente Offline
Dear friend Zach, I finally found out what was missing. Where should I choose as performance, worked only by choosing Retroplayer.
But I was confused when I received the notice "this game is not compatible with any of the available emulators". Does this mean that it will download only ROMS? The Emulator does not?
But if I should indicate only 3 emulators, it will be missing for many ROMs.
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-20 08:19 by Mauricio Maurente.)
find quote