• 76(current)
IARL - Deprecated
(2017-11-12, 00:22)myscha Wrote: Hi Zach,

your plugin is great. Since a few days I'm doing nothing else than playing old ROMs. Thank you!

What I don't understand so far is the part about the Additional Emulators. I've added the dolphin core to Retroarch and selected it as Additional Emulator 1. Its App Location I set to the same value as the Retroarch App Location.

But what do I have to do then? How can I launch it? How can I select the ROMs I have in the folder 'GameCube' beneath the other ROM folders? Do I have to write my own xml files to use it?
The additional emulators are optional / non-retroarch emulators.  You can install say Dolphin or PJ64 standalone programs and use them with IARL if you want to.  Retroarch covers 100% of all the systems that IARL comes with by default though, so those are not really required.  Of the other emulators I would suggest though, FS-UAE works well with Amiga, much better than the retroarch core, which is still a WIP.

If you have ROMS on your local machine and want to launch them with Dolphin, check out the AEL addon.  That should do what you're looking for.
(2017-11-12, 00:40)zachmorris Wrote: The additional emulators are optional / non-retroarch emulators.  You can install say Dolphin or PJ64 standalone programs and use them with IARL if you want to.  Retroarch covers 100% of all the systems that IARL comes with by default though, so those are not really required.  Of the other emulators I would suggest though, FS-UAE works well with Amiga, much better than the retroarch core, which is still a WIP.

If you have ROMS on your local machine and want to launch them with Dolphin, check out the AEL addon.  That should do what you're looking for.
So the additional emulators are intended to be used only with ROMs from archive.org and to replace a specific Retroarch core? As you're using Dolphin as example: are there GC and Wii ROMs on archive.org?

I like the idea of having only one ROM folder and, ideally, only one plugin to play them. Moreover I already tried to setup the ROM Collection Browser, but without success. It generates its nfo-files in the same folders where the ROMs are and IARL then tries to run the nfo-files, instead of the n64-files.

I didn't try AEL, yet.
(2017-11-12, 10:38)myscha Wrote:
(2017-11-12, 00:40)zachmorris Wrote: The additional emulators are optional / non-retroarch emulators.  You can install say Dolphin or PJ64 standalone programs and use them with IARL if you want to.  Retroarch covers 100% of all the systems that IARL comes with by default though, so those are not really required.  Of the other emulators I would suggest though, FS-UAE works well with Amiga, much better than the retroarch core, which is still a WIP.

So the additional emulators are intended to be used only with ROMs from archive.org and to replace a specific Retroarch core? As you're using Dolphin as example: are there GC and Wii ROMs on archive.org?

I like the idea of having only one ROM folder and, ideally, only one plugin to play them. Moreover I already tried to setup the ROM Collection Browser, but without success. It generates its nfo-files in the same folders where the ROMs are and IARL then tries to run the nfo-files, instead of the n64-files.

I didn't try AEL, yet. 

You're correct, IARL does not come with any game lists specific to Dolphin.  Rom Collection browser, as far as I know, isn't maintained anymore.
The nfo thing sounds like a bug I can fix, i'll look into that.
Hello,   I love the addon.    Is it possible to add NeoGeo console as a system?  I found an archive for it.  For some reason I cant PM you.
(2017-11-19, 22:02)80mileseast Wrote: Hello,   I love the addon.    Is it possible to add NeoGeo console as a system?  I found an archive for it.  For some reason I cant PM you.
 Yes!  I'm working on an update to IARL, to add an 'extras' section, where you can download extra game lists (that aren't in the default IARL listing).  My hope is to eventually be able to come up with some way people can upload their favorites lists for others to browse through.  So far the lists the 'extras' section will include are:
The unfiltered game lists (I'll then be deleting them from the addon and then users can just download them from the extras section if they want them)
Further filtered/categorized game lists for the ones already included in IARL like Neo Geo / CPS1 / CPS2 / Family Friendly (no adult games) from MAME & FBA
Some curated favorites lists like 'every mario game', etc.
Any other 'extra' game list ideas please let me know
Where can I enter my user and PW for archive.org?
I enabled the login, but there was no window, where I could enter the credentials
Thx
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2017-11-25, 11:00)Solo0815 Wrote: Where can I enter my user and PW for archive.org?
I enabled the login, but there was no window, where I could enter the credentials
Thx
 There's an issue with the Kodi settings in v18 currently.

See here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=321370

I think the only workaround for the moment is to manually edit the settings file, or use the settings generated from v17 in v18.
(2017-11-25, 18:16)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-11-25, 11:00)Solo0815 Wrote: Where can I enter my user and PW for archive.org?
Thx
 There's an issue with the Kodi settings in v18 currently.

See here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=321370

I think the only workaround for the moment is to manually edit the settings file, or use the settings generated from v17 in v18. 
OK, thx for making this clear.
Did you test, if a boolean condition works?
Code:
<setting id="a" type="bool" label="Enable login" default="false"/>
<setting id="b" type="text" label="user" default="" visible="eq(-1,true)"/>
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Version 1.6.7 is available in the repository:
  • Added some settings to show/hide Search,Game History, Random Play, Extras
  • Added IARL Extras section.  This will allow you to add lists that are curated and shared by the community.  The Extras section now has all the unfiltered game lists.  I also added some filtered lists:  Neo Geo, Super Famicom (Japanese SNES), Family Friendly Arcade (filtered out all mature titles from MAME), etc.  And I added one curated favorites list as an example:  All Mario Games.

Make a cool list for IARL and share it!

I want to port this application's main idea (launching ROMs from the Internet Archive) to other platforms (softmodded consoles come to mind). How do I get started?
(2017-12-04, 10:01)Commint Wrote: I want to port this application's main idea (launching ROMs from the Internet Archive) to other platforms (softmodded consoles come to mind). How do I get started?
 Well the source code is available on github, you're more than welcome to fork away.  I think you'll find that if platform your interested in already doesn't support running Kodi, then it would be a complete rewrite of the code and a waste of time to attempt porting.
(2017-12-05, 00:29)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-12-04, 10:01)Commint Wrote: I want to port this application's main idea (launching ROMs from the Internet Archive) to other platforms (softmodded consoles come to mind). How do I get started?
 Well the source code is available on github, you're more than welcome to fork away.  I think you'll find that if platform your interested in already doesn't support running Kodi, then it would be a complete rewrite of the code and a waste of time to attempt porting. 
 I should clarify; I primarily wanted to port the functionality to download lists of ROMs from the IA, especially because your lists are really well-maintained. From there, launching Retroarch with those ROMs as content would be another step that might not necessarily be important.
I was thinking: Can we extend Retroarch's Content Downloader to do exactly this? Or can I somehow adapt the lists you have generated into Content-Downloader-able lists that I can host myself?
Just installed IARL on Ubuntu 16.04, Kodi 17.6  I'm getting a 'ERROR:  IARL:  Unzip Failed...' on all games it downloads as a zip.  Games downloaded as a regular file load fine.  I also get an error message when I try to manually unzip the downloaded game file in both the GUI and in the terminal.  I can manually unzip other files (such as the Zach Morris Repo file) just fine.  Realize this is more of ubuntu question than a IARL (and I'm a linux novice), but any suggestions would be welcome.  Thanks!
(2017-12-05, 20:43)knightbaker Wrote: Just installed IARL on Ubuntu 16.04, Kodi 17.6  I'm getting a 'ERROR:  IARL:  Unzip Failed...' on all games it downloads as a zip.  Games downloaded as a regular file load fine.  I also get an error message when I try to manually unzip the downloaded game file in both the GUI and in the terminal.  I can manually unzip other files (such as the Zach Morris Repo file) just fine.  Realize this is more of ubuntu question than a IARL (and I'm a linux novice), but any suggestions would be welcome.  Thanks!
 The error I get when I manually try to unzip the game file is:  warning [xx.zip]:  40 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile
  (attempting to process anyway)  file #1:  bad zipfile offset (local header sig):  40   (attempting to re-compensate) file #1:  bad zipfile offset (local header sig):  40

Or with 7-zip:  Processing archive: xx.zip   Extracting  xx.sfc     Unsupported Method Sub items Errors: 1

Same issue for all games downloaded as zips, none work (Uncompressed game files load fine.)
(2017-12-06, 00:43)knightbaker Wrote:
(2017-12-05, 20:43)knightbaker Wrote: Just installed IARL on Ubuntu 16.04, Kodi 17.6  I'm getting a 'ERROR:  IARL:  Unzip Failed...' on all games it downloads as a zip.  Games downloaded as a regular file load fine.  I also get an error message when I try to manually unzip the downloaded game file in both the GUI and in the terminal.  I can manually unzip other files (such as the Zach Morris Repo file) just fine.  Realize this is more of ubuntu question than a IARL (and I'm a linux novice), but any suggestions would be welcome.  Thanks!
 The error I get when I manually try to unzip the game file is:  warning [xx.zip]:  40 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile
  (attempting to process anyway)  file #1:  bad zipfile offset (local header sig):  40   (attempting to re-compensate) file #1:  bad zipfile offset (local header sig):  40

Or with 7-zip:  Processing archive: xx.zip   Extracting  xx.sfc     Unsupported Method Sub items Errors: 1

Same issue for all games downloaded as zips, none work (Uncompressed game files load fine.) 
Can you provide a debug log?  I can't recreate this issue
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10