• 80(current)
IARL - Deprecated
Zack,

I have been testing LibreElec devel-2018012920358 (Ver Leia) on an x86 box now for a month or so.  I just started testing the IRAL with it.  The only thing I have noticed issue with is game control.  All the game pads work fine in Kodi and work all the way until you press the start button within the game.  The game I am using to test this is NES Super Mario Bros on Nestopia using Retroplayer.  I am assuming this is an Alpha issue that will be fixed once the Beta is released.  I am using a standard XBox360 remote.  

Other than the random addon that doesn't work right, I really like Leia!

Thanks!

Joe
It's so weird, I don't understand why it works on my Android phone but not on the Shield.

I download any game, and then after the download is done I hit the launch button and it starts downloading the file again. This shouldn't happen because the file is there already.

I navigate through the folders and I can locate the file in
Android/data/org.xmbc.kodi/files/.Kodi/userdata/addondata/plugin.program.iarl/temp_iarl/

There's only one zip file in there no matter how many different games I download. Usually it's the last game.
I can extract it and then the file opens like a charm.

The enabled login didnt help either.

PS: I navigate to the same folder on my phone and I found the game extracted to . XML .sva and .SVC.
So my guess is that the issue comes on extracting the files
(2018-02-02, 20:34)sigfunaris Wrote:
(2018-02-01, 00:52)zachmorris Wrote:  
It's so weird, I don't understand why it works on my Android phone but not on the Shield.

I download any game, and then after the download is done I hit the launch button and it starts downloading the file again. This shouldn't happen because the file is there already.

I navigate through the folders and I can locate the file in
Android/data/org.xmbc.kodi/files/.Kodi/userdata/addondata/plugin.program.iarl/temp_iarl/

There's only one zip file in there no matter how many different games I download. Usually it's the last game.
I can extract it and then the file opens like a charm.

The enabled login didnt help either.

PS: I navigate to the same folder on my phone and I found the game extracted to . XML .sva and .SVC.
So my guess is that the issue comes on extracting the files 

Your cache settings are likely set to 0 (no cache), meaning that even if the file exists locally, it will still clear the cache folder and get the required files again.
See here.
So I finally managed to get IARL and RetroArch working on my Libreelec Remix build, but then all of a sudden it won't play games. It loads up the screen asking to download or launch, I select launch, a blue wheel loads and then nothing. All that's changed is I use Merlin Wizard to auto clean my cache. 

Here's a log: http://sprunge.us/LNeb

All I can figure out from the log is something to do with getting plugin. Anyone have an idea of the cause?
Then unfortunately you used a banned addon (wiki) repo for the job, which renders you ineligible for support here.

I'd suggest you remove it, read the forum rules (wiki) and be a little more careful of the tools you use next time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi,is there any way of using a different scraper for boxart, as im finding it quite slow to populate artwork, and quite alot is not found.
FYI
I uninstalled Kodi, The Android ARM version, and I installed the ARM64 one and it magically worked.
I don't know if it's a coincidence but it did the trick
Version 1.6.9 of IARL is available now.  Changes include:
  • Fixed some typos (thanks RobLoach)
  • Added EasyRPG games list - I was genuinely surprised to see how many homemade games were made for the RPGMaker Engines.
  • Added support for some more MAME softlist systems (game lists to be added soon)
  • Attempt to provide skinning ability for ROM Info Window (thanks DjCisco)
  • Updated MAME lists to 0.193 (latest available)
  • Updated wizard for new game lists
  • Updated external launch database to be inline with Retroarch core changes
(2018-02-07, 04:45)zachmorris Wrote: Version 1.6.9 of IARL is available now.  Changes include:

Hi Zach,

so I have tested the Integration of the ROM Info Window on my Skin. 

watch gallery

It does work,  but I had some issues while integrating:

-You have added some textbox controls for things that should be labels. I think only the Plot should be a textbox.

- Since I dont want to use textboxes for things like the studio or genre I have created labels which retrieve the information from List 113. After that I proceeded to delete the Textbox controls for those corresponding items, but if I do that, the Buttons stop working, the fanart doesnt show.

- Also when the trailer is played, the Fanart disappears. I think you should change this, because the user should be able to see the fanart while the video is playing.
(2018-02-07, 23:35)DjCisco Wrote:
(2018-02-07, 04:45)zachmorris Wrote: Version 1.6.9 of IARL is available now.  Changes include:

Hi Zach,

so I have tested the Integration of the ROM Info Window on my Skin. 

watch gallery

It does work,  but I had some issues while integrating:

-You have added some textbox controls for things that should be labels. I think only the Plot should be a textbox.

- Since I dont want to use textboxes for things like the studio or genre I have created labels which retrieve the information from List 113. After that I proceeded to delete the Textbox controls for those corresponding items, but if I do that, the Buttons stop working, the fanart doesnt show.

- Also when the trailer is played, the Fanart disappears. I think you should change this, because the user should be able to see the fanart while the video is playing. 
Thanks for this.  It looks great.  I'll look at making the suggested changes.
The fanart/trailer thing is for the default window because the trailer takes the place that the fanart is located.  I can probably fix this by checking to see if the window is the default or not.
hi, im trying to build a gaming box using a cheap android box with libreelec and IARL, but im finding the artwork that it is populating after building up a few systems amounts to alot of gigs, when backing the build up, im at the point of not being able to restore the backup on my 8 gig box because of lack of space, is there anyway of shrinking the artwork to take up less space?
(2018-02-09, 13:06)kpop Wrote: hi, im trying to build a gaming box using a cheap android box with libreelec and IARL, but im finding the artwork that it is populating after building up a few systems amounts to alot of gigs, when backing the build up, im at the point of not being able to restore the backup on my 8 gig box because of lack of space, is there anyway of shrinking the artwork to take up less space?
 Not that I know of.  What do you suggest?  Any solution would likely be 'use less artwork' or 'list less games', the latter being something the user control.

The only other suggestions would be to get an SD card and set it up so Kodi uses that for data storage, or if that isn't an option use something like KCleaner.  This is the only maintenance tool I'm aware of thats discussed in the Kodi forums.  I've never used it, so I can't comment on if it would help clean out unused artwork like you're looking for.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=307919
Thankyou for that, one more thing is there any way of of having videos running on the homescreen, say nintendo video playing when hovering on nintendo, sega video on sega, like bigbox/ hyperspin, i know the hyper launcher plugin for kodi can do it ,but it not very user friendly,
(2018-02-11, 11:52)kpop Wrote: Thankyou for that, one more thing is there any way of of having videos running on the homescreen, say nintendo video playing when hovering on nintendo, sega video on sega, like bigbox/ hyperspin, i know the hyper launcher plugin for kodi can do it ,but it not very user friendly,

I tried using IARL videos throughout Kodi, but Kodi can't really handle this. The entire architecture of Kodi assumes only a single media file is playing at once, so even launching a game while a movie is playing causes RetroPlayer to fail. We'll need multi-playbak to start throwing up videos randomly throughout the skin, which a lot of team members are working toward but it'll take some time. Maybe a v19 goal.
what about this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_0BrYmXa_g&t=11s

is there any skins or addons that can do this?
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10