• 82(current)
IARL - Deprecated
(2018-03-02, 03:53)zachmorris Wrote:
(2018-03-02, 02:24)mmstos Wrote:
(2018-03-02, 00:59)zachmorris Wrote: Can you provide a full debug log and post it to a pastebin?  My best guess is the game archive you're looking at was updated - if you haven't already update to the latest version of IARL and update all game list / dat files when prompted.  
Thank for the reply.

Follows the log, my IARL is 1.6.9

log retroplayer 
 I tried the same game on an OSX and Windows machine running v18 and they both worked, so something is going on with the Android version alphas.  The error is either in the downloaded file being 'incorrect' (urllib not working) or the python unzip function not working.

The last person that had this issue I think installed the ARM64 version and that did work.

I'd be interested in troubleshooting this further.  If you can get to the folder:
xml:
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iarl/temp_iarl/
And get a hold of the file Kodi downloads send me a PM. 
Hi Zach, there is no option to send an archive via PM, but I had a look, it is a regular .zip file with a .bin file inside.
(2018-03-02, 16:32)mmstos Wrote: ...I had a look, it is a regular .zip file with a .bin file inside. 
 Sounds like unzip isn't working from python for some reason, which is strange since it works in both Windows and OSX on the same file.
Do any game archives work (NES, Genesis, etc)?  If so, it's possible maybe python/Android is coming up against some character limit for the filename.  This particular file, when unzipped, is 125 characters long, which is pretty excessive.
(2018-03-02, 23:47)zachmorris Wrote:
(2018-03-02, 16:32)mmstos Wrote: ...I had a look, it is a regular .zip file with a .bin file inside. 
 Sounds like unzip isn't working from python for some reason, which is strange since it works in both Windows and OSX on the same file.
Do any game archives work (NES, Genesis, etc)?  If so, it's possible maybe python/Android is coming up against some character limit for the filename.  This particular file, when unzipped, is 125 characters long, which is pretty excessive. 
Hi,

No games archives work, it loads and when you have to choose the emulator, just amstrad-cpc, arcade fb alpha and commodore-c64 appears as an option, my guess is that only these can handle zip files.

I put .bin in the directory to load and all the emulators show up, I could open the game, an atari 2600, with the stella, but now the joystick does not work at all, an Logitech 310(it works with kodi navigation)
Ok.  Well I'm still not sure what the problem is.  I've added some additional debug logging to IARL.  You can try the version from github master if you like and get some more info on what exactly the issue is.
Thanks for the previous assistance. I have a new issue; sorry if this has been asked already:

On a RasPi running Libreelec. Closing the content, either via esc key on keyboard or through the retroarch menu overlay that pops up with start+select pressed on retropad, always restarts Kodi,
then I have to go back in to IARL manually. Seems to not do that for other people's installations (as far as i've seen in youtube vids)... Is it Libreelec or the RPi? Is it the system type? In my installation it is set up as GameStarter Addon.
Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?
Hey!!
Sorry to ask this question, I have tried searching for an answer but found none. Maybe I haven't searched properly. Any way:
Is there a way to easily see which games have been downloaded?
If not it'd be cool to have a "Downloaded" folder with the possibility to Play/Delete/... 
Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry again if the question was already asked and answered Smile

Piotr
(2018-03-05, 08:53)piotrnikov Wrote: Hey!!
Sorry to ask this question, I have tried searching for an answer but found none. Maybe I haven't searched properly. Any way:
Is there a way to easily see which games have been downloaded?
If not it'd be cool to have a "Downloaded" folder with the possibility to Play/Delete/... 
Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry again if the question was already asked and answered Smile

Piotr
See the FAQ
(2018-03-05, 05:10)mwillson Wrote: Thanks for the previous assistance. I have a new issue; sorry if this has been asked already:

On a RasPi running Libreelec. Closing the content, either via esc key on keyboard or through the retroarch menu overlay that pops up with start+select pressed on retropad, always restarts Kodi,
then I have to go back in to IARL manually. Seems to not do that for other people's installations (as far as i've seen in youtube vids)... Is it Libreelec or the RPi? Is it the system type? In my installation it is set up as GameStarter Addon.
Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?

I think thats just a (current) limitation of IARL / Gamestarter.  It may be possible to update the launching script to take you back to the same place you were when the game was launched - I can add that as a possible enhancement.  In the meantime, I use autoexec.py to restart IARL after Kodi is relaunched, with the script:
python:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin('RunScript(plugin.program.iarl)')
The only downside of course is that IARL will start whenever Kodi is launched - that might work for you or it might not.
Hi Zach,

Sorry for the delay, follow the debug log with the ,zip file errors, if you could have a look would be great

retroplayer log
(2018-03-08, 20:19)mmstos Wrote: Hi Zach,

Sorry for the delay, follow the debug log with the ,zip file errors, if you could have a look would be great

retroplayer log
Unfortunately it doesn't show anything, but I think it was an error in my debug logging code.  I've updated it again.  Give it another try with the latest github master.  I have since installed IARL on an Android box and I cannot recreate this issue.
Having the same issue. 
Installed a fresh version of RetroPlayer 18 alpha1 2018-03-15 32 bit for Android on my Nvidia Shield. 
Installed the version of IARL in your last post: https://github.com/zach-morris/plugin.pr...acc7ff1c6a
Read the FAQ and setup guide. Says should work with Retroplayer out of the box. 
However when trying to start a game I only get the three options to open the zip file.
This is a pick from Best of NES #42 Micro Machines as an example.
Update to IARL to 1.7.0 is available:
- Added some more debugging for unzipping function
- Removed a lot of no longer used media files - addon zip is significantly smaller now
- Fix bug in autoplaying trailers
- Updated Rom Window XML
- Various fixes to defaults for some game lists to be compatible with Retroplayer
- Default player for all game lists is retroplayer now
- Fixed context menu bug for v18
(2018-03-22, 05:12)jdig4240 Wrote: Having the same issue. 
Installed a fresh version of RetroPlayer 18 alpha1 2018-03-15 32 bit for Android on my Nvidia Shield. 
Installed the version of IARL in your last post: https://github.com/zach-morris/plugin.pr...acc7ff1c6a
Read the FAQ and setup guide. Says should work with Retroplayer out of the box. 
However when trying to start a game I only get the three options to open the zip file.
This is a pick from Best of NES #42 Micro Machines as an example.
 Can you update to 1.7.0, and then provide a debug log?  I have yet to catch whatever the issue is, but it seems to be specific to Shield.  1.7.0 added more debug logging so hopefully that will clue me in on what the issue is.
Thanks for all your continued work mate! I can confirm 1.7.0 now works with 18 nightly running on Linux. I'm using external emulators atm so can't confirm anything retroplayer . The welcomed return of the contex menu Smile great stuff dude!
Ok bud, hope your referring to the kodi.log.
Heres the Kodi log. 
Fresh install: IARL 1.7. Tried Super Mario 3 from best of NES.
http://autoaline.com/log/IARL.txt
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10