Unable to open database - But works in terminal.
Hi Guys

Just did a fresh install of Kodibuntu (this is my 4th Kodi in the house) and I cant seem to get this one connected to mysql every other kodi has no problems connecting.

I use the same advancesettings.xml for all kodi's

I have even tired 'sleep 20' in /etc/init/kodibuntu.conf thinking that network isnt connected when kodi boots.

Im also pretty sure it isnt permission due to I can connect to sql in terminal

Code:
mysql -h DISKSTATION -u xbmc -p
That works no problems

Logs are here

http://paste.ubuntu.com/11829135/

Any help or if im missing something?? Cheers
Ok after some more testing I have found out that it is network isnt connected when kodi starts

But im still not sure how to fix it. I read that 2 add wakeonlan.xml is userdata but doesnt seem to be working for me

<onaccesswakeup>
<netinittimeout>60</netinittimeout>
<netsettletime>500</netsettletime>
<wakeup>
<pingmode>1</pingmode>
<timeout>600</timeout>
<waitonline>38</waitonline>
<waitonline2>40</waitonline2>
<waitservices>0</waitservices>
</wakeup>
</onaccesswakeup>
How are you booting Kodi? If using OpenElec, there's an option to wait for network. If you're running it from a shell script, you can add a wait there too with the sleep command.
Quote:How are you booting Kodi?

First posting, second line, 7th word:

Quote:Hi Guys

Just did a fresh install of Kodibuntu...

Wink

@tonz:

There is a wake on lan addon around and I somehow remember that you can 'misuse' this for your problem. I might be wrong, so don't blame me Wink. I'm not 100% sure
That seems unnecessary installing addons to handle what should be handled in the box itself.

See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=173267 for solution.
Thanks for the replys, After some messing around with wakeonlan.xml I seemed to manage to fix the problem.

My boot time went from 5-6 secs to 20 secs now tho but its just a bedroom Kodi and will rearly ever boot so I will just live with it.
So whats better? A 6 second boot into a unusable system, or a 20 second boot into a functional system?

Personally I think misusing the wakeonlan.xml is not the right way to fix this issue but that's another matter. If people are happy with fix/results then that's what matters ultimately.

Full edit main post and mark as solved.
If it is taking 15 extra seconds to bring networking up then that is a bit strange, unless perhaps you are using wifi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to open database - But works in terminal.0