Why does PseudoTV end a show early and jump into the next one?
Sure thing!

I'd also like to start some discussions on hardware - I'm a network admin and hardware guy, so I have been experimenting with gear and had some great success, and great failures too. I'd like to swap notes with the community on setups. I'll put together some quality posts here in the next few weeks.
(2015-07-16, 15:30)walksonhandz Wrote:
(2015-07-16, 01:32)Lunatixz Wrote: There is only one reason PseudoTV Live would end early, the show has improper duration info...

Either Kodi's library or the file metadata is at fault, you should probably rebuild your kodi library using nfos.

I absolutely had a network issue, where files over the network would just stop reading, and it would skip to the next file. This behavior only happened when my NAS device was hosting the media with it's default configurations. I did some searching online and other people had the similar performance problems with the NAS device, so I adjusted the settings as they suggested and the problem went away.

I figured this out because I happen to have a complete backup of the NAS device on a USB harddrive... switching to the USB harddrive completely resolved the issue. So i knew it was something with my network.

What settings did you adjust?
The device I got, 4tb MyCloud, has built in servers for media that are not needed if you just want to mount it as a network drive. On this device, the features worth tweaking are called TWONKY and DLNA. I read the following URL and just started experimenting:

http://shortattentionspade.com/tag/speed...d-mycloud/

I am still a little disappointed in the performance of the MyCloud, even after performance tweaks and getting it to work, i still wouldn't recommend one. I might crack it open and put the disk into a different NAS setup soon.
(2015-07-16, 17:16)walksonhandz Wrote: The device I got, 4tb MyCloud, has built in servers for media that are not needed if you just want to mount it as a network drive. On this device, the features worth tweaking are called TWONKY and DLNA. I read the following URL and just started experimenting:

http://shortattentionspade.com/tag/speed...d-mycloud/

I am still a little disappointed in the performance of the MyCloud, even after performance tweaks and getting it to work, i still wouldn't recommend one. I might crack it open and put the disk into a different NAS setup soon.

Oh, yeah I don't have a mycloud.
NAS software is usually junky, so you will have to research your own device, and find out if there are similar features to disable.
(2015-07-15, 08:21)nickr Wrote: You don't have to have the text showing. From the wiki:

<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>2</loglevel> <!-- Change this to "1" to hide the on-screen debug log text -->
</advancedsettings>

Yeah this isn't working. I created an advancedsettings.xml and pasted that in there, changed value to 1, saved in %appdata%/kodi/userdata. Text still showing.
PTVL is still doing this. I still can't capture a debug log because it doesn't happen with debugging enabled. It still slows my system to a crawl with debugging enabled. Removing debug text STILL doesn't work. All videos STILL play completely uninterrupted using ANYTHING except PTVL. VLC plays them, Kodi plays them, even windows media player works.

I don't know what to do, I know it kinda useless without a log but come on. Is there seriously NOBODY on the entire internet who has ever had this problem? It's not duration issues seriously I've tested that out 100 times. PTVL is the ONLY instance where random videos cut off early. This tells me it's PTVL's fault.

Short of offering money out of my pocket, is anyone willing to help?
Have you tried maybe reencoding one of the videos that cuts off within PTVL? If the same video files are cutting off and not random files, that tells me that there is something wrong with your files.

Mark
(2015-07-22, 12:18)mwkurt Wrote: Have you tried maybe reencoding one of the videos that cuts off within PTVL? If the same video files are cutting off and not random files, that tells me that there is something wrong with your files.

Mark

It is random files but here's a weird example. Fresh Prince stopped playing 30 seconds into the video yesterday. All I did was switch back to it and it played all the way through. This tells me PTVL thinks for a second that the file is done. Can't find an answer but it's a workaround for now I guess.

The episode in question at this point had said "already seen" in PTVL.
If it is happening 30 seconds into the video, then it surely can't be related to the duration set in the database, unless the database is wildly wrong for that file (and that is something you will have to check on your own system of course).

Of course you don't have to use PTVL to use kodi. Nice add-on, but kodi is perfectly functional without it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
What perturbs me is how many posts @banananipple has made, but none include a log...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Me too, but he says when he enables debug logging, the problem goes away.

EDIT: perhaps a non debug log might show some light.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why does PseudoTV end a show early and jump into the next one?0