Solved Multiple Client Library Sync
I don't know if this could be accomplished as a core feature to have a master client that would sync it's library with all of your kodi installations, or possibly someone could create a plugin, but I have kodi on 5 different devices, it would be amazing if all of their libraries would keep each other updated as to what's been watched and what hasn't.

I'm sure I can't be the only one that would want to see something like this. This would save me literally hours a week clicking the "mark as watched" button, which is somewhat annoying on OS/X and iOS.
There's actually several options for this. See syncing and sharing (wiki). You can do everything from a full library share between different devices to just syncing watched status.

There's also the new "media import" project, that will be Kodi's main way to share/sync a library between multiple installs. You can see very early work being done here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224794
(2015-07-07, 03:31)Ned Scott Wrote: There's actually several options for this. See syncing and sharing (wiki). You can do everything from a full library share between different devices to just syncing watched status.

There's also the new "media import" project, that will be Kodi's main way to share/sync a library between multiple installs. You can see very early work being done here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224794

Thank you so much for this information. I've been driving myself crazy.
So, using say Plugin: WatchedList I can setup mysql database server on my master computer, then have all my clients use that plugin to connect to it to get watched status of my library on all devices?
If you use MySQL then you don't have to use any additional add-on. The add-on is just easier if you don't mind scraping on each box.
(2015-07-07, 03:46)Ned Scott Wrote: If you use MySQL then you don't have to use any additional add-on. The add-on is just easier if you don't mind scraping on each box.

I just used the addon. Thank you, you don't know how much of a heartache you've saved me. You can mark this thread solved or whatever needs to be done with it and i can finally be device independent when it comes to watching stuff. Thank you sooooo much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Client Library Sync0