Win Windows 10 Mobile
Wink 
There are plans to launch a version for Windows 10 Mobile? Big Grin
No
Doesn't Windows 10 allow you to run normal apps?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
The phone edition doesn't
German only: http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/W...itrag.atom

In short: Windows mobile / phone will die ...

only available for business partners, people that need cheap devices and pure fans (that buy anything, cause it is M$ driven) <- works for the mac people, so why not here they might have thought.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Please refrain from spreading this misinformation.

Windows Mobile / Phone is not dying. Microsoft will keep producing new devices and other OEMs are invited to do the same. Windows 10 is technically a big upgrade, so if MS is planning to let it die, why are they still investing in the update?

Besides, using the bridges it should be easy to port over the Android or iOS version to W10, so, why not?
(2015-07-09, 16:23)Chainz Wrote: Besides, using the bridges it should be easy to port over the Android or iOS version to W10, so, why not?

If it's so easy when can we expect to see you post your work on this on the development part of the forum?
I do love it when personal bias feeds into people spouting opinion as fact.. Anyway, like Chainz, I will try and continue a mature discussion which doesn't reduce to name calling, hair pulling, and "so do it then if it's so easy" comments.

Windows Phone transitions to Windows 10 Mobile and becomes the OS that will be used not only on phones, but on phablets/mini-tablets up to 8" in screen size. For now, lets ignore the fact that Windows Phone outsells iPhone in over 20 countries. yes, many are developing countries but guess what - there's a lot more people in those countries which means more handsets. Anyway, I digress..

Windows 10 gets released in less than 3 weeks' time. It is a free upgrade available to quite literally ever user of Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 which is many millions of users.

Then you have Universal App model that makes it possible to develop an app that can be pushed to both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile with minimal (yes, very dependent on style of app I appreciate) difference between code compiled. technically, this will also be able to be extended to Xbox One when it is upgraded to the new OS based on Win 10 code later this year (I have many friends that LOVE Plex on Xbox One).

Even with Bridges, I don't see the value in porting the Android version which appears to be less mature and feature rich than the Windows version.

Anyway, the devs get to manage and control roadmap as it is their time, passion, knowledge, and ability that lets the rest of us benefit from a great product. I'm more than happy running Kodi on my 3 x Windows HTPCs that will all get upgraded to Windows 10 in a few weeks' time. Even if there was a Windows Phone/Windows 10 Mobile version, with the way, types, and times I consume media on my mobile I wouldn't use it much. An Xbox One version I would definitely use.. on both of my Xbox One consoles Smile
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.
The facts at the moment are:

1. The bridge for porting Android apps to a Windows 10 Universal App don't work with native apps compiled with the Android NDK.
2. Windows 10 Universal Apps aren't native apps and must work in the Microsoft walled garden which is not compatible with the device permissions we require.

End result is no chance of a Window 10 Universal App anytime soon.
Also whilst Win10 for PCs launches in about 3 weeks time (whether it's ready or not), if I remember correctly Windows Mobile 10 isn't due until much later this year anyway (although there are insider beta's available). And even then it probably won't be available for all Windows phones.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2015-07-10, 16:05)DarrenHill Wrote: Also whilst Win10 for PCs launches in about 3 weeks time (whether it's ready or not), if I remember correctly Windows Mobile 10 isn't due until much later this year anyway (although there are insider beta's available). And even then it probably won't be available for all Windows phones.
Correct. Windows 10 Mobile will be out later in the year, as will the new Xbox One OS.

Saying it "probably won't be available for all Windows phones" is a 'captain obvious' statement in the same way as saying that you can't get iOS 8.x on all iPhones or Android Lollipop on all Android phones. At some point the hardware falls below necessary/desirable spec for the new OS version.

All Nokia and Microsoft Lumia smartphones running Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile. There's a 4 month old article here that has a list of 35 phone models that were able to be updated back then. More have been added since then (e.g. Lumia ICON / Lumia 930).

Anyway, jjd-uk outlined technical reasons why a Windows 10 Universal App is unlikely which make complete sense so I think we have our answer to the original question Smile
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.
My point was more that WP 10 (or WM 10 or whatever you want to call it) isn't just on Lumia, there are other phones and makers who have potentially workable phones (which have 8.1 on them) but may or may not get 10. For example the HTC 8X that I have as a work phone looks like it may be getting it, but it's a very recent indication that this may be so, and of course there are no guarantees (given it only got 8.1 a couple of months or so back).

But yes the original question is well answered, I fully agree.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yeah, the HTC 8X, HTC 8S, and HTC One M8 *should* all get Windows 10 Mobile but as you've said, until you see it confirmed (or magically appear on your phone Smile) it is not guaranteed :S
(2015-07-10, 15:56)jjd-uk Wrote: The facts at the moment are:

1. The bridge for porting Android apps to a Windows 10 Universal App don't work with native apps compiled with the Android NDK.
2. Windows 10 Universal Apps aren't native apps and must work in the Microsoft walled garden which is not compatible with the device permissions we require.

End result is no chance of a Window 10 Universal App anytime soon.

1. I think MS is working on bridge for W32 application to UWP app.
2. You have IOS version KODI which has similar walled garden. Can you explain what is not compatible on W10M? I heard XDA developer had jailbreak W10M too.
Make a Windows 10 mobile app!!! It is not so complicated!!! Why not! Windows 10 Mobile only have usefull apps and needs Kodi to complete the job.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 10 Mobile0