Music Library Artists All Jacked Up
Hello,

I am having an issue with my music library where if an artist does a collaboration with another artist, and I have both in my library, they show up as one artist.

For example:

I have the albums "Lulu" by Lou Reed & Metallica (both Artist and Album Artists) and "Ride the Lightning" by Metallica (both Artist and Album Artist).

When I am in Libary Mode and go to artists, I have two entries.

A.
Lou Reed & Metallica (Fanart/Bio displays Lou Reed's info)
Under this entry I only see "Lulu".

B.
Lou Reed & Metallica (Fanart/Bio displays Metallica's info)
Under this entry I see "Lulu" and "Ride the Lightning"

A is fine. But I would like B to be listed under Metallica. Also, I'm not sure why it lists Lulu. Any ideas why this is happening?
Basic problem is that Kodi doesn't like things like "&" in artist or album artist tags. One solution is to edit your tags to use the Kodi separator for multi-content tag fields (default is " / " can be changed in advancedsettings), or use tag formats that don't need separators (such as APE and FLAC). Another approach is to use musicbrainz artist and albumartist id tags in your files. You probably won't get perfection (depends on what exactly you can live with). There is a change for Kodi 16 that should make things a bit better but still not 100% satisfying everyone.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library Artists All Jacked Up0