v13 Build XBMC 13.2 (Gotham) on Kali Linux

Hello.

This my first post to kodi.tv. So if i have any mistakes i am sorry about it.

I Have a point. I try to build XBMC 13.2 - Gotham on my Kali Linux 1.1.0a. I Download the Package and on Terminal write ./bootstrap and after that ./configure. I Take the following message
"checking for TAGLIB... no"
"
"
As i can see i dont have a taglib library. I have the package libtag1-dev_1.7.2-1_i386.deb. This one i can install to my system from my repositories. So Can i fix the problem with that package or i have to install something else? what is your suggestionsHuh? My system is
CPU : Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz × 2 GPU : GeForce 8600M GT/PCIe/SSE2 32-bit Kali Linux 1.1.0 RAM : 2.0 GB

another point i have is the follow. I have a samsung smart tv that i bought this year. Is any possible to connect my television with XBMC, using a pluginHuh Or any other way?? I have a wi fi internet connection.

Thank you for your Time and answer........
from configure.in: PKG_CHECK_MODULES([TAGLIB], [taglib >= 1.8]

it's indeed named libtag1 in repos, but your distro supplies too old a version. you have to build from source or find some backport.
Connect to your tv with an HDMI cable.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hello again.

I try to buil XBMC - Gotham from git.
I follow the steps (Download from git, make taglib from git, run commands ./bootstrap, ./configure, make ). Everything ok till make. There, i get this Error.
"collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xbmc.bin] Error 1"

Have any idea what that meansHuh?
That you cut out the uninteresting bit of the output, the bit without any info and expect us to help you based on it.
Please use the forum search ... we had another lengthy thread about another guy that could not manage his kali linux and then mixed libtag 1.8 custom build with system libs ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok, sorry.... My bad for this to cut uninterest bit of output. But the output is very big file.

Anyway i trying now again. I think that the problem maybe is on tagLib.
Thanks a lot...
Ok i solved my problem. Waw thw libtag..

Again thank you very much....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Build XBMC 13.2 (Gotham) on Kali Linux0