[split] Cheapest solution for Kodi + 1080p HEVC decodes?
(2015-07-10, 03:58)wrxtasy Wrote: You don't need a NUC anymore, thats just complete overkill unless you have very specific needs. But then you are going to pay through the nose for it.

The MINIX NEO X6 (1080p) or NEO X-8H Plus (4K) will do all the HEVC decoding you will want with very well sorted out mature Firmware. I'm not recommending anything else these days as these guys know what they are doing over and above anyone else.
Kodi on mature Android / AMlogic Firmware runs very well with Isengard now.

I would just get a $85 NEO X6 and be done with it. Its the cheapest you will find for a well sorted product. Plug and Play.

AMlogic comparison:
http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/04/25/a...-and-s812/

but what if video is 10-bit HEVC, latest firmware for minix x8-h plus is incredibly bad, and when switched to 4K@30hz device become so slow and GUI is like "dirty", i posted there several times about bugs I am experiencing on 006A firmware, but they keep deleting threads, this will not make them better company in eyes of customers

i really hope that they will stop doing that and keep improving/fixing bugs in their firmware, as there is a lot of work to do....

I make full test of new firmware as I am doing every time when they release firmware, also I spend some time to record issues for them but as you can see they simply ignore things and keep deleting all negative comments...
(2015-07-10, 16:13)techespaces Wrote: but what if video is 10-bit HEVC, latest firmware for minix x8-h plus is incredibly bad, and when switched to 4K@30hz device become so slow and GUI is like "dirty", i posted there several times about bugs I am experiencing on 006A firmware, but they keep deleting threads, this will not make them better company in eyes of customers

i really hope that they will stop doing that and keep improving/fixing bugs in their firmware, as there is a lot of work to do....

I make full test of new firmware as I am doing every time when they release firmware, also I spend some time to record issues for them but as you can see they simply ignore things and keep deleting all negative comments...

Apparently Ken (Minix forum administrator) thought that you were posting in multiple, unrelated threads and the posts that he thought were duplicate were deleted. Ken did reply to every single of your query.
10-bit HEVC is not supported by the SoC and Ken did mention that Minix will look into your report of slow and 'dirty' UI in 4K@30Hz mode.
(2015-07-10, 18:24)wesk05 Wrote:
(2015-07-10, 16:13)techespaces Wrote: but what if video is 10-bit HEVC, latest firmware for minix x8-h plus is incredibly bad, and when switched to 4K@30hz device become so slow and GUI is like "dirty", i posted there several times about bugs I am experiencing on 006A firmware, but they keep deleting threads, this will not make them better company in eyes of customers

Just like you have done here, you were posting in multiple, unrelated threads. Only your duplicate posts were deleted. Ken did reply to every single of your query.
10-bit HEVC is not supported by the SoC and the UI will feel slow when you switch to lower refresh rate likes 24Hz or 30Hz.

Well it is nice to see that here as well there are minix people to fight if somebody try to say anything even if it was friendly advice that bugs should be fixed. Simply they keep deleting not just mine, but also threads/posts of other people. Well I hope somebody will have nervs to stand up against that.

Again and again, they was deleting my threads with multiple bug's reported in them, but last time when I make post/thread there I took screenshots. If that is a way how to deal with a customer who offered free time to make tests, to record video, to upload and report problems, well thanks, I am finished with Minix and their products.

Thing that they become sponsor of Kodi does not give them rights to make people fools, to ignore and delete comments/threads which I think are more than welcome to be solved so we could enjoy for what we payed to them and for what device is marketed or advertised for.
(2015-07-10, 18:43)techespaces Wrote: Again and again, they was deleting my threads with multiple bug's reported in them
I only see 2 out the 6 issues that you have reported as problems. We are getting off-topic here and you may want to continue this on Minix forum.
(2015-07-10, 18:54)wesk05 Wrote:
(2015-07-10, 18:43)techespaces Wrote: Again and again, they was deleting my threads with multiple bug's reported in them
I only see 2 out the 6 issues that you have reported as problems. We are getting off-topic here and you may want to continue this on Minix forum.

No problem, I will if they dont delete thread again Sad
(2015-07-10, 18:24)wesk05 Wrote: Ken did reply to every single of your query.
10-bit HEVC is not supported by the SoC and Ken did mention that Minix will look into your report of slow and 'dirty' UI in 4K@30Hz mode.
Yes and here is the particular thread with those answers, so now to get back to HEVC discussions.....

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/bugtra...post-59305

(2015-07-10, 20:13)wrxtasy Wrote:
Yes and here is the particular thread with those answers, so now to get back to HEVC discussions.....

Well now I am banned there and cant make login anymore so cant make any post, anyway this 4k sample is not working when I try to stream it from my NAS (link posted below).

As said already there i have gigabit network based on Asus RT-AC87U, both NAS with gig. Ethernet and Minix X8-H Plus connected by eth.cable to router. Issue is that even Odroid C1 perform better than Minix when streaming high bitrate content from NAS.

About 4K content which is not working on Minix when streamed from NAS, here is sample:
http://downloads.4ksamples.com/[2160p]%204K-HD.Club-2013-Taipei%20101%20Fireworks%20Trailer%20(4ksamples.com).mp4

Then there is some hardware flaw in design of Minix X8-H Plus as both ethernet and wifi 2.4/5GHz performance is really poor and sad, and as far I can see this issue is fixed by banning me from forum.

P.S: I already played with advancedsettings.xml but nothing helps, network performance is as it is, poor.
Well done guys Wink
(2015-07-10, 21:16)techespaces Wrote:
(2015-07-10, 20:13)wrxtasy Wrote:

Well now I am banned there and cant make login anymore so cant make any post, anyway this 4k sample is not working when I try to stream it from my NAS (link posted below).

As said already there i have gigabit network based on Asus RT-AC87U, both NAS with gig. Ethernet and Minix X8-H Plus connected by eth.cable to router. Issue is that even Odroid C1 perform better than Minix when streaming high bitrate content from NAS.

About 4K content which is not working on Minix when streamed from NAS, here is sample:
http://downloads.4ksamples.com/[2160p]%204K-HD.Club-2013-Taipei%20101%20Fireworks%20Trailer%20(4ksamples.com).mp4

Then there is some hardware flaw in design of Minix X8-H Plus as both ethernet and wifi 2.4/5GHz performance is really poor and sad, and as far I can see this issue is fixed by banning me from forum.

P.S: I already played with advancedsettings.xml but nothing helps, network performance is as it is, poor.
Well done guys Wink

Perhaps they'll let you back on minix forums when you learn some manners. In the meantime, as has been said before, you are now off topic.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
techespaces works for another box company, by the way.

EDIT: if this is an isolated incident being done by one guy or not is unknown at this time. I would not jump to any conclusions and only stick to what we know, which is that one of their support guys thought he was helping by pretending to be a customer and talking smack about minix. Nothing more, nothing less.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Cheapest solution for Kodi + 1080p HEVC decodes?0