[split] Heated Matrix discussion ;)
(2015-07-11, 00:23)MediaPi Wrote: on the site it says "limited edition" does this mean the low price is for a limited time?

Clearing out old stock before a new version is released?
(2015-07-11, 01:13)Karnagious Wrote:
(2015-07-11, 00:23)MediaPi Wrote: on the site it says "limited edition" does this mean the low price is for a limited time?

Clearing out old stock before a new version is released?

Selling a working product with exactly known features / characteristics in a special edition for a reasonable price. Yeah - perhaps a newer version based on a new chip is coming soon. A rip off would be if you would sell old hardware, known to be non working, years old, for double the price, while telling "it will do magic" "soon" or "working on it" or something .... everything here does not happen.

I think I would be really pissed, if he had relabeled the original wetek play box, told it flagship device and sold it for double the price of the wetek play.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-07-11, 06:51)fritsch Wrote: Selling a working product with exactly known features / characteristics in a special edition for a reasonable price. Yeah - perhaps a newer version based on a new chip is coming soon. A rip off would be ...

You realise how much of a dick that comment makes you look, right?

You could have stopped after the second sentence, as that pretty much agreed 100% with what I said.

But then you just HAD to go and shoehorn some obvious personal butt-hurt into the conversation.

I mean, who said "rip off"?

Only you.
Uh, this does not make fritsch look like a dick. It's simply the truth.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Read the edit.

Nobody said rip off.

Someone said "does limited edition mean low price is temporary", I said "maybe limited stock", and then fritsch agrees but then goes on about someone calling it a "rip off".
I just emphasized that it is not one. The Interpretin was done by you. My second sentence added New info. It was not related to you.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Who said rip off?
Not you. I gave a definition of it to make fully sure what this offer is not.
(2015-07-11, 10:59)fritsch Wrote: Not you. I gave a definition of it to make fully sure what this offer is not.

Riiight. No blatant back-pedaling going on here then.

OK then, lets take you at your word and address that. You gave a definition of a "rip off" and then said that this product didnt meet THAT definition, so it can't be a rip off, right?

But there are many different ways a "rip off" can be defined, so lets go through as many as we can and detail how this product is not each sort of rip off.

One definition might be that the product being flogged at a discount, somehow makes money from selling the personal viewing habits of its users to copyright enforcers.
Another definition might be that support for the product will end within a year.
Another might be that a second generation product will be released in the very near future, at a price just a little higher than the current product but with far superior specs. Of course, a fair person would only consider that a rip-off if the seller KNEW that the new product was coming out soon.
And finally, for this list at least, another definition of rip-off hinges on the difference between the price and the cost of the item. But this kind of rip-off really depends on your opinion of capitalism in general.

Now, personally, I have no problem in saying that this product is not an obvious* rip-off by any of these definitions. If I was in the market for a new device, this would certainly get consideration. But perhaps you want to endorse this extra list of definitions that you don't think the product meets as well?

*I only say obvious because I have to concede some small possibility that it actually is a rip-off, just like I can't say that aliens absolutely do exist, only that it would seem very unlikely that they didn't.
@Karnagious: Seriously, stop FUD'ding based on thin air.

All @fritsch is saying is that it is a fair price vs.other products on the market...
(2015-07-11, 11:56)Koying Wrote: @Karnagious: Seriously, stop FUD'ding based on thin air.

All @fritsch is saying is that it is a fair price vs.other products on the market...

I dont appreciate my innocuous comment being used as a jumping off point to label other products a "rip off". And I certainly don't appreciate his comment making it look as if I said this product was a rip-off. For those for whom English is a second language, that is what starting a sentence with "A rip off would be..." does. It implies a correction to an existing assertion.

Like I said, I don't think THIS PRODUCT IS A RIP OFF, and I get annoyed when people try and put words in my mouth.
But nobody mentioned another product. He just said "A rip-off would be..." (note the hypothetical stance, here).
You seem to be jumping to conclusions.

Your defensive stance tend to make people think a product you support might be specifically targeted, here...
(2015-07-11, 12:50)Koying Wrote: But nobody mentioned another product. He just said "A rip-off would be..." (note the hypothetical stance, here).
You seem to be jumping to conclusions.

Your defensive stance tend to make people think a product you support might be specifically targeted, here...

The sad thing is that you probably think you are being really clever. Unfortunately, the stupid, it burns!

Nobody mentioned another product? You mean, like this "All @fritsch is saying is that it is a fair price vs. other products on the market..."?

Also, notice how I never said anything about a singular product? "I dont appreciate my innocuous comment being used as a jumping off point to label other products a "rip off"." That focus on a single product was introduced by you, just now. Again, trying to put words in my mouth. Pretty classless.

Oh yeah, a hypothetical stance. Riiight. Yet you complained about the other "hypotheticals" I presented hypothetically was FUD. So which of those hypotheticals touched a nerve? Selling data on users viewing habits?
(2015-07-11, 13:28)Karnagious Wrote: Oh yeah, a hypothetical stance. Riiight. Yet you complained about the other "hypotheticals" I presented hypothetically was FUD. So which of those hypotheticals touched a nerve? Selling data on users viewing habits?

*shrug* We might as well hypothesize we are living in a Matrix, then.
Ok, it's based upon nothing and I have no hint of a start of a proof, but it *could* be true...

Seriously...
First hypotheticals are ok, then they aren't. They are simultaneously about other products, and no products? You are changing your argument back and forth in every comment.

Maybe you would prefer that we switch to German?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Heated Matrix discussion ;)1