• 104(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2019-12-09, 17:59)KrispyKreme Wrote: I use CinemaVision addon and I noticed since I updated now it does not recognize the first audio track in the movie file but the second one which it wasn't doing before. Example: I have Blade Runner 2049 with the Dolby Atmos track first then a DTSMA 5.1 as a second audio, it will only recognize the DTSMA track now. Same if it is only an Atmos track, it will only recognize the dolby digital second backup track which is weird. I looked at my NFO files and they seem okay I guess but I know its the problem because if I delete the NFO file and rescan it, it will recognize the main default track again no issues. Any suggestions?

Can't help with the CV strange issue but I'm curious why you have both a Dolby TrueHD Atmos audio track and a dts HD-MA audio track? The Atmos is the master from theatrical presentation scaled for home and scalable to anything down to a mono audio system. The dts track just takes up extra disc space.
Hey guys, I just lost my hard drive with EVERYTHING CV related on it. I'm so discouraged to have to look for and re-download everything again. I didn't do any trivia - mainly I just had Theater Intro, Trailer Intro, Movie Intro,  MPAA, Audio Bumpers, and countdown.

Anyone know where I might find a collection of intros and bumpers without having to search for each one manually? Again?  Right now I'm just showing trailers before each movie, but I kind of miss the whole experience. If not, I'll just have to search, but I'm hoping some of you might know where a collection might be stored already zipped and such

Thanks in advance
(2019-12-31, 01:31)RonnieG3 Wrote: Hey guys, I just lost my hard drive with EVERYTHING CV related on it. I'm so discouraged to have to look for and re-download everything again. I didn't do any trivia - mainly I just had Theater Intro, Trailer Intro, Movie Intro,  MPAA, Audio Bumpers, and countdown.

Anyone know where I might find a collection of intros and bumpers without having to search for each one manually? Again?  Right now I'm just showing trailers before each movie, but I kind of miss the whole experience. If not, I'll just have to search, but I'm hoping some of you might know where a collection might be stored already zipped and such

Thanks in advance

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

That's the sound of the big truck telling you it's backing up. So backup!!! 

Sucks when a drive dies. Here's a link to some audio bumpers.

https://thedigitaltheater.com/category/a...-trailers/
https://www.demo-world.eu/dolby-dts-thx-...ailers-sd/

Grab a 1TB external drive and back-up your important stuff! 

Backup! Smile
(2019-12-18, 17:57)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
(2019-12-09, 17:59)KrispyKreme Wrote: I use CinemaVision addon and I noticed since I updated now it does not recognize the first audio track in the movie file but the second one which it wasn't doing before. Example: I have Blade Runner 2049 with the Dolby Atmos track first then a DTSMA 5.1 as a second audio, it will only recognize the DTSMA track now. Same if it is only an Atmos track, it will only recognize the dolby digital second backup track which is weird. I looked at my NFO files and they seem okay I guess but I know its the problem because if I delete the NFO file and rescan it, it will recognize the main default track again no issues. Any suggestions?

Can't help with the CV strange issue but I'm curious why you have both a Dolby TrueHD Atmos audio track and a dts HD-MA audio track? The Atmos is the master from theatrical presentation scaled for home and scalable to anything down to a mono audio system. The dts track just takes up extra disc space.   

I can't speak for him, but my Blade Runner 2049 3D file has DTS HD-MA 5.1 on it because that's the backwards compatible carrier signal for the Auro-3D version of the track (i.e. I have the Atmos and Auro-3D soundtracks on the same 3D video file, which takes up less space than storing them separately).  I bought the Auro-3D version from Poland (the country) third hand from someone in Chicago who bought it from the guy that bought it in Poland while visiting some family there).  It cost me half the price of the Atmos disc set.  I had to remux the soundtrack to the 3D version, though, but then I had to remux the Atmos version from the 2D disc that came with the Atmos version so neither were on the 3D version at the time.  I do use separate files for the disc versions as I have them on network storage (overly large files are more likely to glitch, even if only for rewind type functions).

Why both?  I wanted to compare the Atmos version with the Auro-3D one.  They both have their strong points, but the lack of rear bed channels in Auro-3D 11.1 makes the Atmos version superior even on a 11.1 system.  There is an Auro-3D 13.1 (that has the rear beds as well or at least upmixes with them when it's an 11.1 soundtrack, but only D&M 13.1 channel receivers and Trinnovs have it so far.  Some newer 16-channel receivers will have it as well.  But that won't make the 11.1 Auro-3D soundtracks into actual 13.1 and if you have even more channels on an Atmos system (up to 34), the Atmos version will be better as well.  But Auro-3D does have center height and top surround channels that Atmos does not have, which make for better "directly overhead" effects for off-axis seats in a home theater, IMO (like a normal center channel does for bed level sounds).
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2019-12-31, 01:31)RonnieG3 Wrote: Hey guys, I just lost my hard drive with EVERYTHING CV related on it. I'm so discouraged to have to look for and re-download everything again. I didn't do any trivia - mainly I just had Theater Intro, Trailer Intro, Movie Intro,  MPAA, Audio Bumpers, and countdown.

Thanks in advance

FYI, until you have CV all set up and running, you can create a playlist to mimic a CinemaVision intro / trailer / bumper sequence. I’ve been downloading movie trailers from http://www.hd-trailers.net and place them in a folder. You can also add bumpers to the same folder where the trailers are. If you want an intro before the trailers, name the bumper to something like "000-Intro Bumper.mp4" and if you want another bumper after the trailers but before the feature presentation, add it to the folder and rename the file to something like "zzz-Feature Presentation Intro.mp4". Clear any existing queue/playlist. Add the folder to a new queue, add the movie to the queue, then play the queue. Since the folder was queued first, everything in the folder will play in alphabetical order, followed by the feature presentation.

Notes:

If you have “Adjust Display Refresh Rate” enabled (On start / stop) then all videos in the queued playlist should be 23.976 fps so that there are no delays between videos of different frame rates (especially for projectors). All movie trailers are at 23.976 fps but I had to use Handbrake to re-encode the THX bumper and my HT intro bumper (they were both 24.0 fps instead of 23.976). It’s also a good idea to enable the “Delay After Change Of Refresh Rate” in the System > Display settings to match the time you’ll need for your display device to catch up with the beginning of the first movie trailer.

I use the Rapier skin, which can hide the on screen seek bar in between videos (System > Skin > Configure Skin > Media > Hide Seek Bar OSD During Fullscreen Playback).

To hide the Busy dialog during fullscreen video playback, manually replace line 12 in DialogBusy.xml with:

Code:
<visible>!Window.IsVisible(fullscreenvideo)</visible>

Note – If the skin receives an update, this could get overwritten so I’ve disabled automatic updates for the skin and will manually update when needed, and then just update the DialogBusy.xml again.

I have Philips Hue lighting and relied on action files to control the lights. This now has to be done manually. You can create scenes in any hue app (I have one for Normal Lighting and one for Trailers, then of course one to turn off the lights as the movie begins). The official Philips Hue app doesn’t allow me to adjust the transition time (I like a 5-second transition between each scene) so I had to find another app.

I miss the movie trivia and I’d like to have a one or two second gap in between the videos on the playlist, but until you have CinemaVision working again, it’s the next best thing.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
We are waiting for repo approval for the new version which should fix these issues above. Once that's available, I'll need as many bug reports as possible including logs. Let's officially get this rolling again!
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2020-01-21, 17:14)MidnightWatcher Wrote:

Thanks in advance

FYI, until you have CV all set up and running, you can create a playlist to mimic a CinemaVision intro / trailer / bumper sequence. I’ve been downloading movie trailers from http://www.hd-trailers.net and place them in a folder. You can also add bumpers to the same folder where the trailers are. If you want an intro before the trailers, name the bumper to something like "000-Intro Bumper.mp4" and if you want another bumper after the trailers but before the feature presentation, add it to the folder and rename the file to something like "zzz-Feature Presentation Intro.mp4". Clear any existing queue/playlist. Add the folder to a new queue, add the movie to the queue, then play the queue. Since the folder was queued first, everything in the folder will play in alphabetical order, followed by the feature presentation.

Notes:

If you have “Adjust Display Refresh Rate” enabled (On start / stop) then all videos in the queued playlist should be 23.976 fps so that there are no delays between videos of different frame rates (especially for projectors). All movie trailers are at 23.976 fps but I had to use Handbrake to re-encode the THX bumper and my HT intro bumper (they were both 24.0 fps instead of 23.976). It’s also a good idea to enable the “Delay After Change Of Refresh Rate” in the System > Display settings to match the time you’ll need for your display device to catch up with the beginning of the first movie trailer.

I use the Rapier skin, which can hide the on screen seek bar in between videos (System > Skin > Configure Skin > Media > Hide Seek Bar OSD During Fullscreen Playback).

To hide the Busy dialog during fullscreen video playback, manually replace line 12 in DialogBusy.xml with:

Code:
<visible>!Window.IsVisible(fullscreenvideo)</visible>

Note – If the skin receives an update, this could get overwritten so I’ve disabled automatic updates for the skin and will manually update when needed, and then just update the DialogBusy.xml again.

I have Philips Hue lighting and relied on action files to control the lights. This now has to be done manually. You can create scenes in any hue app (I have one for Normal Lighting and one for Trailers, then of course one to turn off the lights as the movie begins). The official Philips Hue app doesn’t allow me to adjust the transition time (I like a 5-second transition between each scene) so I had to find another app.

I miss the movie trivia and I’d like to have a one or two second gap in between the videos on the playlist, but until you have CinemaVision working again, it’s the next best thing. 

Thanks! Now I just have to hunt and find my intros and bumpers again **le sigh**. Oh well, at least it seems we'll be getting an updated version soon, so "Yay"!!!! (Though I can't seem to get my sequence to work for some reason  Huh )
(2020-01-21, 17:44)Ragnarok Wrote: We are waiting for repo approval for the new version which should fix these issues above. Once that's available, I'll need as many bug reports as possible including logs. Let's officially get this rolling again!

I can't wait. Count me in for testing!!
I forget - for trailers, do they have to be all grouped in the Trailers folder, or can I have each trailer in it's own folder in the Trailers folder. Right now I'm using HD-Trailers.NET Downloader and it stores each trailer in individual folders inside the Trailers folder. Do I need to change that to just having the files there?

EDIT: Also, since my pc crash and re-installation, I can't get CV to run to save my life. Constantly get an error message. Anyone got a working .cvseq file they're willing to share?
I keep getting this error when trying to run both 11A & 12A

Code:
2020-01-25 11:26:53.355 T:1148  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -]: Loading sequence for 2D: u'H:\\CinemaVision\\Sequences\\script.cinemavision.default2D.cvseq'
2020-01-25 11:26:53.372 T:1148  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -]: Experience: Play GUI sounds: DISABLED
2020-01-25 11:26:53.372 T:1148  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -]: Experience: Screensaver: DISABLED
2020-01-25 11:26:53.372 T:1148  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -]: Experience: Visualization: DISABLED
2020-01-25 11:26:53.389 T:1148  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -]: Experience: Play GUI sounds: RESTORED
2020-01-25 11:26:53.389 T:1148  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -]: Experience: Screensaver: RESTORED
2020-01-25 11:26:53.389 T:1148  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -]: Experience: Visualization: RESTORED
2020-01-25 11:26:53.391 T:1148   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'lib.cinemavision.exceptions.EmptySequenceFileException'>
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\rongr\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\addon.py", line 18, in <module>
                                                player.begin(args=args)
                                              File "C:\Users\rongr\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\player.py", line 102, in begin
                                                e.start(seqPath)
                                              File "C:\Users\rongr\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\experience.py", line 984, in start
                                                return self._start(sequence_path)
                                              File "C:\Users\rongr\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\experience.py", line 996, in _start
                                                self.processor = cinemavision.sequenceprocessor.SequenceProcessor(sequence_path, content_path=cvutil.getContentPath())
                                              File "C:\Users\rongr\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\cinemavision\sequenceprocessor.py", line 1251, in __init__
                                                self.loadSequence(sequence_path)
                                              File "C:\Users\rongr\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\cinemavision\sequenceprocessor.py", line 1345, in loadSequence
                                                self.sequence = sequence.loadSequence(sequence_path)
                                              File "C:\Users\rongr\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\cinemavision\sequence.py", line 1385, in loadSequence
                                                return SequenceData.load(path)
                                              File "C:\Users\rongr\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\cinemavision\sequence.py", line 227, in load
                                                raise exceptions.EmptySequenceFileException()
                                            EmptySequenceFileException
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Any ideas?
Yeah, me again. I really don't mean to keep posting, but I figured I'd at least give you a full log. Plus, I really miss using CV and I'm at a total loss here. Anybody make heads or tails of where I'm going wrong?

https://pastebin.com/gWthRnCq
I was wondering if there are any updates on this or if we can download a test version before it is on Kodi's repo?
(2019-07-26, 17:43)Gtmnyc Wrote:
(2019-06-15, 07:57)JohnWPB Wrote: Hey everyone.  Quite some time ago when CinemaVision was starting to be worked on, I started to create some trivia slide shows to go along with it.  I had forgotten all about it till I was going through some files and moving things around a couple days ago.
Hi, these look great but the link doesn't seem to be live anymore. Am i missing something.. i would love to use them if possible.  

Thanks

Sorry, not sure what happened, they are still there.  Here is the CURRENT LINK TO THE FILES 
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
I finally got CinemaVision installed and was reading the instructions but I can't seem to build a sequence right.  How do I add different elements to the sequence?  I always get to that point but I can't get any further.
What do I need to know about making CinemaVision control my smart blinds (currently controllable through a native app and through Google Home) when I start a movie in Kodi? Smile
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5