• 112(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2021-09-18, 01:05)grimmace92 Wrote: Vero 4k+ plays 3D MVC files and cinemavision works with it on Matrix.  I can personally attest to it.

Which version/fork of Kodi are you using to get MVC MKV 3D playback in Matrix?
(2021-09-18, 09:11)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
(2021-09-18, 01:05)grimmace92 Wrote: Vero 4k+ plays 3D MVC files and cinemavision works with it on Matrix.  I can personally attest to it.

Which version/fork of Kodi are you using to get MVC MKV 3D playback in Matrix?
19.1.  It's not a fork.  Plays directly from Kodi.  They finally added it to their most current firmware release.  It was in testing for forever.  A few titles have a small micrcode issue Avatar being among them.  I personally haven't had issues.  Highly recommend the Vero.  The support for the device is second to none.  https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/3d-frame-pac.../81681/920
Thanks @grimmace92 

Please let us know if you get it working @K0D1User1138
Hi Matt,
is 1.5.0 still the latest Developement  Release Version? The entries in the CV Forum indicate no changes since October Is that correct?
Kind Regards,
(2021-11-07, 23:54)Reelyator Wrote: Hi Matt,
is 1.5.0 still the latest Developement Release Version? The entries in the CV Forum indicate no changes since October Is that correct?
Kind Regards,
That's correct.  1.5.0 is the latest version.
I am still working with Kodi 18.1 and CV 1.1.1 as this is so far, with testing, what continues to work on an Intel based Windows 10 HTPC with full MVC 3D and lossless audio output including dts:X and Dolby Atmos.

I've been working through the CV sequences and have things running well again, very few crashes, and integrated with the Vero Z-Wave for automatic lighting controls. There is one module of a sequence that still does not work; playing local database movie trailers. I am uncertain if CV is scanning the Kodi library to scrape the local trailers or if something else is just failing during playback. The CV sequence doesn't crash, it just skips this module. 

What should I be looking for in a debug log that might help determine the issue. Or was there some sort of change to CV/Kodi that gave different instructions to locating the Kodi local trailers database?

I have not moved on to the 3D sequences yet as I want to get 2D working properly again before moving on.

I have still not seen a proper working MVC Windows 10 based version of Kodi 19.** to upgrade to, and yes, 3D is of high importance.
(2021-11-10, 18:33)Savant Wrote: That's correct.  1.5.0 is the latest version.

....as there seems to be no dedicated tread in the CV Forum to share experience with CV 1.5.0 i post it here:
I tried out CV1.5.0 by creating and playing some new sequences. Noting complicated, just some series of different video bumpers, Commercials, Trailers, Audio Foirmat Bumper, Countdown and then the feature. No Trivia, no Automatisations, no rating bumpers, no condiitions.
- No major issues detected here.
- Just occasional crashing of the application
- Occassional Save/ Save As did not work, Safe As-Window did not open
- The old sequence Naming problem is still there. i have updated the corresponding post in the CV Support Forum accordingly.
- Media Files with extensions in capital leters seem to be unvisible to CV, e. g. Video.MP4 istead of Video.mp4

Up to now no crashes or hickups detected during Sequence Playback
(2021-12-21, 00:37)K0D1User1138 Wrote: ..... There is one module of a sequence that still does not work; playing local database movie trailers. I am uncertain if CV is scanning the Kodi library to scrape the local trailers or if something else is just failing during playback. The CV sequence doesn't crash, it just skips this module. 

This is strange, i am working with local trailers exclusively. With previous versions of CV and now with 1.5.0.
Have you updated your local trailer database before you started the sequence? I usually use the "Update database when editor is started" function. This makes sure all local traillers are up to date.
Have you enabled local trailers under the general settings? I usually swith off all online trailer sources as i only use the local ones.
Have you enabled your local trailer folder under source in the specific sequence?
Local trailers is the way to go to avoid issues. Works great on my end.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
I am talking about CV using local Kodi Database trailers, which are all stored in the same directory as each movie in the library. Yes I have updated the CV database as I've opened and Run CV multiple times to scan everything. Each and every time CV fails to playback any local media database trailer. Again using Kodi 18.1 and CV 1.1.1.

I have all web trailer sources turned off. Everything is local. I was having an issue with another module to play a short cartoon. CV won't see sub-folders but will play files in the root folder, accept in this one module. It works fine for my coming soon trailers, where I have multiple sub folders embedded, but for cartoons it would just skip through the module. Putting files in a single folder with no subs worked though.

I also started working on the 3D sequence but it causes all sorts of issues. CV plays the first 3D module just fine but then going to the next the projector resets it's display parameters and when the video comes back in the next module it's slow and janky with no audio and then eventually hangs. Using the existing action to turn off auto refresh doesn't seem to do anything. So the 3D sequence just dies and is unusable.
For testing I've installed Kodi 19.3, the MVC fork version, and downloaded and installed CV from the CV website. Configured to my CV directory, set up local trailers in the config, scanned all content and ran a test. Still no local Kodi database trailers in the sequence. CV just skips that module. I created a new module for trailers, made sure the content was Kodi DB trailers, and ran the test. Still just skips the local database trailers. Either I am doing something very wrong or this function has a disconnect between CV and Kodi 18/19. I used to work before in Kodi 18.1.

OK in further testing I got both local and Kodi DB trailers to work, through the play function within CV. Went to the movies and tried to launch CV through the info screen and nothing. So now something there is broken. Did the command for the skin change?

This is in the Kodi log.
Quote:EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'lib.cinemavision.exceptions.EmptySequenceFileException'>
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\KodiMachine\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\addon.py", line 18, in <module>
                                                       player.begin(args=args)
                                                     File "C:\Users\KodiMachine\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\player.py", line 78, in begin
                                                       e.start(seqPath)
                                                     File "C:\Users\KodiMachine\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\experience.py", line 989, in start
                                                       return self._start(sequence_path)
                                                     File "C:\Users\KodiMachine\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\experience.py", line 1001, in _start
                                                       self.processor = cinemavision.sequenceprocessor.SequenceProcessor(sequence_path,
                                                     File "C:\Users\KEVIN\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\cinemavision\sequenceprocessor.py", line 1256, in __init__
                                                       self.loadSequence(sequence_path)
                                                     File "C:\Users\KEVIN\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\cinemavision\sequenceprocessor.py", line 1350, in loadSequence
                                                       self.sequence = sequence.loadSequence(sequence_path)
                                                     File "C:\Users\KEVIN\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\cinemavision\sequence.py", line 1384, in loadSequence
                                                       return SequenceData.load(path)
                                                     File "C:\Users\KEVIN\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\cinemavision\sequence.py", line 227, in load
                                                       raise exceptions.EmptySequenceFileException()
                                                   lib.cinemavision.exceptions.EmptySequenceFileException
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--
Nevermind. Still working on issues but sort of figured out what the one I posted here was.
Had a thought regarding actions and can they control a network attached receiver? I'd like to automatically set the audio level of a Yamaha RX-A 3070 upon starting a CV sequence, and then adjust again as the feature starts and finally at the end. Anyone ever tried to work this out?
Should be able to, as long as you know how to call that action on your receiver via URL.  Just stick it in a .cvaction file and should work.
(2022-01-25, 03:41)bullwinkl Wrote: Should be able to, as long as you know how to call that action on your receiver via URL.  Just stick it in a .cvaction file and should work.

Just need to figure out the later part of that. The Google does nothing.
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5