• 89(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Hi

I have Kodi18 running through the house (platform is Linux (raspberryPi Libreelec but thats not important))

I use a MyPHP Admin DB to sync librarys across all devices. I want to use CinemVision now on a device connected to a projector. So my plan is to downgrade to Kodi17 but then the DB sync will be out of line between this device and the rest.

I was wondering if i could do a 2 way since on my PHPadmin to get over the issue of using 2 kodi versions

what do you guys think?
(2017-03-28, 14:21)horstepipe Wrote: Thank you!
And what's about the automatic content refresh, is there any workaround for it? Maybe execute some commands on Kodi start in autoexec.py or something like this?

Of course! We're still ironing out how exactly to get it done, but we'll let everyone know when we have working trailers for other languages. As far as I'm aware, there's not a work around for it yet. I will ask our developer how we can get it done. We are currently working on the CinemaVision Service add-on, which adds support for automatic content refresh. I expect we'll have a working version in a few weeks.

(2017-04-11, 07:56)Geoff29 Wrote: As far as I can tell, the limit volume option does not work most of the time (possibly when skipping modules?), resulting in eardrum-blasting levels of sound.

Also, how do I prevent the streaming of non-trailers from iTunes? Half the time I get a 60 second clip of a movie, with no mention of a title, director, etc. It's just a random scene from an upcoming movie.

That's good to know. I'll let our developer know about the volume issue and the non-trailers from iTunes. There might be a way we can weed those non-trailers out. Right now, we just grab everything from iTunes and put it in the content database.

(2017-04-12, 11:21)Tiny Clanger Wrote: I've not tried it myself, but could it be that you have DTS or AC3 passthrough enabled? Kodi probably won't be able to control the volume in those circumstances.

If that's so, maybe CV needs to check if those settings are enabled, and temporarily disable them while it's running, restoring the settings before playing the main feature (or any shorts — not sure of the best way to detect those…)

Good call...

(2017-04-13, 07:49)Geoff29 Wrote: This is true. I'm not sure I want to let my PC handle the DTS decoding (I think it sounds better when my AVR does it), so I will probably just work the volume on the remote between the bumpers/feature.

I'm a big fan of not having to do anything once I start the Sequence, so we're definitely going to see what our developer says about this. I can test this with my AVR, so we should have an answer.

(2017-04-18, 14:24)nick w Wrote: Hi

I have Kodi18 running through the house (platform is Linux (raspberryPi Libreelec but thats not important))

I use a MyPHP Admin DB to sync librarys across all devices. I want to use CinemVision now on a device connected to a projector. So my plan is to downgrade to Kodi17 but then the DB sync will be out of line between this device and the rest.

I was wondering if i could do a 2 way since on my PHPadmin to get over the issue of using 2 kodi versions

what do you guys think?

Hey nick! Truthfully, I'm not sure how this will behave if you've got Kodi 17 and Kodi 18 syncing to one database. If the team changed the database schema between versions, it could corrupt the database, or just plain not work. That said, Kodi 18 currently breaks any skinned add-ons, which includes CinemaVision, Plex, and several others. I'd recommend staying away from it in production for a bit. The database question would be best answered by a member of team Kodi. I just can't begin to tell you if that will work.[/quote]
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Hi Scott,

I think you missed my one post from a little while back. During trivia, when music starts, the lyrics show up on top of the trivia slides. Any way to disable that when CV is running?

I'm using the titan beta skin on krypton

Thanks
(2017-04-25, 06:55)aptalca Wrote: Hi Scott,

I think you missed my one post from a little while back. During trivia, when music starts, the lyrics show up on top of the trivia slides. Any way to disable that when CV is running?

I'm using the titan beta skin on krypton

Thanks

You're right, I did miss that. That's actually a function in the skin, I believe. I'm not sure if there's a way to turn that off when CinemaVision is launched in the same way that some skinners turn off the busy dialog, but I'd imagine there is.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
If anyone wants to suppress the busy dialog while running CinemaVision with a skin that doesn't natively support it, I've gotten it to work even with Isengard's Confluence default. The trick is to put : <visible>IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(script.cinemavision.running))</visible>

in this location in the DialogBusy.xml file (putting it before <controls> will lock up your remote control on things like FireTV which I found out the hard way as the guide on the CinemaVision site pointed to putting before <controls> and that just locked up on my Kodi install)

<controls>
<control type="group">
<visible>IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(script.cinemavision.running))</visible>
<left>1070</left>
<top>640</top>
etc.

Default Confluence (and I assume Estuary in Krypton) will need a quit/restart to fully take effect. You can already add a CinemaVision button with the CinemaLauncher add-on to these skins.
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
Having an issue adding a module from a stand-alone directory. CV won't allow me to select any directories local or network. Just what ever is in the CV directory. Has something changed to break this function?
Question:

On movies with more than one audio track, how does CV determine with audio bumper to play? For instance, I have the movie Aliens which has a DTS-HD MA 5.1 track and then it has the original 4.1 Dolby Surround track. I am assuming it goes with the default track which is the DTS-MA one. So say I choose the Dolby surround one, will CV recognize the change play the correct audio bumper? How would set up that up too if that is the case?

Thanks
CinemaVision uses the default audio track for each file to determine the bumper to use. If you want to change the default track, I believe that you would have to do that at the file level. I'm not sure if it can be selected from within Kodi.

Sent from my LG-H820

(2017-05-19, 03:25)KrispyKreme Wrote: Question:

On movies with more than one audio track, how does CV determine with audio bumper to play? For instance, I have the movie Aliens which has a DTS-HD MA 5.1 track and then it has the original 4.1 Dolby Surround track. I am assuming it goes with the default track which is the DTS-MA one. So say I choose the Dolby surround one, will CV recognize the change play the correct audio bumper? How would set up that up too if that is the case?

Thanks

You'd have to set the Dolby track as the default in the file's header. And then switch it back if you wanted CV to play out the sequence based on the dts-HD MA.

Scott, any info about my above noted issue? CV won't allow me to select a directory for a module that is supposed to be a directory.
Crap, I forgot to respond to you. Make sure that the disk you store your CV content on is added as a source in Kodi File Manager. If you only add the CV directory, sometimes you won't get visibility beyond that directory.

Sent from my LG-H820

(2017-05-19, 06:12)Ragnarok Wrote: Crap, I forgot to respond to you. Make sure that the disk you store your CV content on is added as a source in Kodi File Manager. If you only add the CV directory, sometimes you won't get visibility beyond that directory.

Sent from my LG-H820 (typie typie)

That seems to be the problem. Sources beyond just local discs on one set-up and on another a few random added sources and no ability to explore or add beyond that.
The CinemaVision website is giving Firefox insecure connection errors for some reason. Firefox here is now blocking it due to the risk of passwords, etc. being stolen. It says the site is configured incorrectly and the connection is insecure. This just started today (5-27-17).
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
We just moved servers and are working on reapplying our certificate. It should be fixed soon!

Sent from my LG-H820

Still having the same issue not being able to add any folder to a folder based module. The folder has been added to Kodi as a source but still no dice.

Happens on more than once installation of Kodi as well.
Interesting... Can you please post another full debug log for us to review? We're going to be working on it tomorrow morning.

Sent from my LG-H820

• 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5