How does streaming videos from a PC to another work in Kodi?
I want to stream from my desktop to an HTPC in the living room. However, I wanted to use an external player (MPC-HC) to play the videos because of the filters. Can I somehow use the desktop's muscle to add filters through MPC-HC and stream that to the HTPC, or is the player handled from client side? If it's the latter then I may not use MPC-HC at all since it won't make much sense, the HTPC is a mini-ITX box so bigger GPUs don't fit.

Sorry if it's a silly question. Blush
The player is where video processing takes place. The desktop simply provides the source file.
It's normal to simply store the media files on a central source (e.g. your desktop) and then use Kodi from multiple clients to read those files and play them locally. You can get at the files through NFS, SMB, UPnP and others - see file sharing (wiki).

If you genuinely want to stream just the processed AV, then you may be able to use Airplay (wiki) in some way, or some similar technology. Not something I know much about, though, having failed whenever I've tried WiDi or similar.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How does streaming videos from a PC to another work in Kodi?0