Advanced Filter not showing, just Basic Filter
I just downloaded Kodi and starting to play around with it. I have a couple of movies in my Movie Library. However, when I select the Filter sidebar option, I am only presented with the Basic Filter options. There is no option to filter Genre for example. I only have Title, Rating, and In Progress. I want to have the Advanced Filter options display. How can I set this?
It can depend on which skin you are using. Skinners have the option of using either the advanced filter or the basic filter.
I am using the default skin Confluence. From the pictures I saw, it looks like this skin supports the Advanced Filter options.
Could it be your library is corrupt or incomplete so you don't have any info for those to show? Can you provide a screenshot?
There are only 5 movies in the listing but each one was scanned completely and contains Genre and all other content. I was not able to attach an image but the filter only shows Title, Rating, and In Progress. All five movies have all content and I can click on the ... above the Movie listing to show only movies with certain Genre. Why aren't the options showing in the filter options?
I guess you're in files node. You have to fire up filter from the library node(s).

EDIT: nvm, misread. Sounds indeed like a broken db or incompletely scraped meta. Not entirely sure if a debug log will help but we can try that.. So please enable debug logging and pastebin the entire file.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Filter not showing, just Basic Filter0