• 184(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Evening fritsch, can I ask what is the newest version that used database versions the same as the latest v16 Beta / Nightlies so my database is kept up to date?
(2015-12-30, 23:47)fritsch Wrote: It's a problem in fernet's current master. It works fine with kodi's master ... tested that myself this afternoon with yatse. Funny enough - starting of music / Live TV and so on just works fine.
Thanks for clarification. Do you have idea where is problem or just general info that it's somewhere in differences between fernet's master and Kodi master?

Anyway thanks for your tests and care about this problem. Fantastic stuff like Kodi can sometimes have rough edges, that's the way "alpha type" works :-)
(2015-12-30, 23:50)D-an-W Wrote: Evening fritsch, can I ask what is the newest version that used database versions the same as the latest v16 Beta / Nightlies so my database is kept up to date?

It uses whatever is in master. I personally would not use master builds with any mysql db - not without a backup. It can change daily.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-12-30, 23:56)BigL-New Wrote:
(2015-12-30, 23:47)fritsch Wrote: It's a problem in fernet's current master. It works fine with kodi's master ... tested that myself this afternoon with yatse. Funny enough - starting of music / Live TV and so on just works fine.
Thanks for clarification. Do you have idea where is problem or just general info that it's somewhere in differences between fernet's master and Kodi master?

Anyway thanks for your tests and care about this problem. Fantastic stuff like Kodi can sometimes have rough edges, that's the way "alpha type" works :-)

Will be solved the next time he rebases (at least I hope so ;-)), just some typos, hehe.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Sorry, for being late to the party - as Fritsch has determined, this is definitely something in FernetMentas master, as I can play YouTube videos using JSON in my RPi builds but not my latest #1228 x86 build (which includes several FM commits not in the RPi builds).

To play a video ("Men from UNCLE" trailer):
Code:
texturecache.py playw "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=cJ6e9R5uLOE"
(add @xbmc.host=<ipaddress> to send the request to different Kodi clients, default is localhost - they'll need remote access enabled)

It's working fine when the client is RPi with latest Kodi master, but doesn't work on x86 with recent FM commits - getting the following error:
Code:
{u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'id': u'libPlayer', u'error': {u'message': u'Invalid params.', u'code': -32602}}
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
There is a lot of good work being done here and I love playing around with all the builds and stuff. But is it just me having lots and lots of sync issues?

After the OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0-devel-20151127190458-r21582-g0c46ef7 build I am having problems with AV sync every time is stop a video and start a new one.

And I know I haven't uploaded logs so can't complain. I just want to know if anyone else are having the same problems or if it's just me? If it's just me I will get the logs Smile
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
(2015-12-31, 00:37)fritsch Wrote: Will be solved the next time he rebases (at least I hope so ;-)), just some typos, hehe.
So let's rebase! :-) Right now you never know if some feature you use works badly for a real reason or fake one in fernet's master.
(2015-12-31, 08:37)BigL-New Wrote:
(2015-12-31, 00:37)fritsch Wrote: Will be solved the next time he rebases (at least I hope so ;-)), just some typos, hehe.
So let's rebase! :-) Right now you never know if some feature you use works badly for a real reason or fake one in fernet's master.

As said multiple times: If you want a stable version for everyday use and cannot afford any breakage - use 15.2 - this is a development thread, so constant breakage will happen.
Should be fixed now. (Edit: So in ppa tomorrow).

You can test with the new OE build I am just uploading.
Thumbs Up 
(2015-12-31, 10:59)fritsch Wrote: Should be fixed now. (Edit: So in ppa tomorrow).

You can test with the new OE build I am just uploading.

Now it works as expected Smile

@fritsch: Thank you very much for your work.

I wish you all a happy new year.
(2015-12-31, 10:44)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-12-31, 08:37)BigL-New Wrote: So let's rebase! :-) Right now you never know if some feature you use works badly for a real reason or fake one in fernet's master.
As said multiple times: If you want a stable version for everyday use and cannot afford any breakage - use 15.2 - this is a development thread, so constant breakage will happen.
As i mentioned - it's not about everyday use, it's about finding and reporting problems. Like it was with this one - you find a problem and you don't know if it's real problem or "fake one" from errors in fernet's master.

Thanks fritsch for your great work and help - you're the man and thanks to your great work Kodi becomes my preferred AV solution over time. I wish all of you at Kodi Team only great things in New Year, enjoy your life as i enjoy Kodi. Happy New Year! :-)
(2015-12-31, 01:49)_Spook_ Wrote: There is a lot of good work being done here and I love playing around with all the builds and stuff. But is it just me having lots and lots of sync issues?

After the OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0-devel-20151127190458-r21582-g0c46ef7 build I am having problems with AV sync every time is stop a video and start a new one.

And I know I haven't uploaded logs so can't complain. I just want to know if anyone else are having the same problems or if it's just me? If it's just me I will get the logs Smile

I also get sync issues, but they are pretty random, not everytime I stop a video.
No Debug Log - no issue as always.
(2015-12-31, 00:36)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-12-30, 23:50)D-an-W Wrote: Evening fritsch, can I ask what is the newest version that used database versions the same as the latest v16 Beta / Nightlies so my database is kept up to date?

It uses whatever is in master. I personally would not use master builds with any mysql db - not without a backup. It can change daily.

Ok thanks for the advice fritsch, I am going to go back to the one you built specifically for Chrome until the other releases catch up.

I just realised though, that build used Kodi 15.2 and I would ideally need a Kodi 16 beta of some kind...ah well worth a shot!
Hi guys.

Time to say goodbye. Cause of differences in my way (some call it vision) of thinking where our open crossplatform kodi media center should go in the future with (not the majority) but the loudest part of the team. I will stop contributing to kodi. Thank you for your help in this thread and all the best for the future. There is no hate or anything involved, I highly appreciate the things we did in a team (when we still were a team). It's also not about who is the good and who is the bad guy. It just seems that my place is not here anymore.

To all of you: Have a brilliant future, never forget what OpenSource can do for humanity!

Edit: As I don't have moderator rights on the forum (never wanted to have rights to have advantages over real users) I cannot close this thread. Stay on topic and take care of the values and of course the humor I sent out over the last years. You all rock!
  • 184(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18