• 186(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2016-01-02, 01:15)noggin Wrote: Can only add to the thanks expressed here. Fritsch - your contribution has been huge, and you will be missed undoubtedly.

Quote Confused
Thanks for the great work! Hope someone in the Kodi team keeps up the good work you have done on!
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
Thanks for all your work frisch!!!!
Damn, there goes some talent out the door !
A man with a Brain the Size of a Planet, always willing to help, and a master coder to boot.

You will be very sorely missed Fritsch especially in the Linux Intel Camp.
Thanks for all you have contributed to Kodi.

W.

(2016-01-01, 17:01)fritsch Wrote: Hi guys.

Time to say goodbye. Cause of differences in my way (some call it vision) of thinking where our open crossplatform kodi media center should go in the future with (not the majority) but the loudest part of the team. I will stop contributing to kodi. Thank you for your help in this thread and all the best for the future. There is no hate or anything involved, I highly appreciate the things we did in a team (when we still were a team). It's also not about who is the good and who is the bad guy. It just seems that my place is not here anymore.

To all of you: Have a brilliant future, never forget what OpenSource can do for humanity!

Edit: As I don't have moderator rights on the forum (never wanted to have rights to have advantages over real users) I cannot close this thread. Stay on topic and take care of the values and of course the humor I sent out over the last years. You all rock!

It doesnt surprise me one little bit, not for a second these sad news come as a shock or as anything that I didnt see coming (not from you specifically) as this is the general impression I have strongly felt from other devs and users such as myself.
Im surprised it doesnt happen more often in fact... I dont say this to be nasty or offend or provoke offense, but rather to be true and genuine about my feelings and ideas.

Yep, sad to see another person go, and a knowledgeable and helpful person/dev to users such as yourself. No doubt you will be missed, but hope you find it in your heart to still make it the odd contribution to Kodi somehow, maybe in one of the forks? Who knows.

Best of luck with what you decide to do in future opensource wise and know that for sure many more will join you on this feeling/reason for leaving.

Thank you for all the fish...
Damn, just came here to report that the OpenELEC build Generic.x86_64-6.0.98-fritsch works nicely with the Skylake NUC (whereas vanilla OE 6.0 refused to start up at all) and found the announcement here.

Sad to see that there wasn't enough room for all your opinions inside the team, but such is life sometimes. I really appreciate that you took the time to guide even the more novice users through sometimes lengthy procedures to make something work (such as I was when you gave me step-by-step instructions for bisecting the kernel when I bumped into an issue with my USB tuners).

Anyhow, thanks for all your hard work - I'm sure this has consumed a big amount of your time and can understand that if it is not for something you really believe in, there's no point to continue.
I have an issue: After watching a while kswapd0 will start using 100 percent of the CPU and the frames will start dropping so rapidly that it makes videos unwatchable. A reboot will cure it until next time. I'm using an Asus Chromebox (Haswell).

It doesn't seem to happen after a set number of minutes, it seems more like happening after more or less 1GB of video, but that number could be a coincidence.

Googling took me to the Arch forums and to a Launchpad bug report, but I don't know enough to see if these are relevant or not. If there's no fix, I hope there's a workaround because I don't really want to go back to Kodibuntu unless I have to (I had no issues there, though (once I upgraded the kernel to 3.18.4)).

Logs:
Code:
dpkg -l |grep mesa | pastebinit
http://paste.ubuntu.com/14279992/

DISPLAY=:0 vainfo | pastebinit
libva info: VA-API version 0.38.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_38
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
http://paste.ubuntu.com/14279993/

cat ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pastebinit
http://paste.ubuntu.com/14279994/

dmesg | pastebinit
http://paste.ubuntu.com/14279998/

I was told to post this here, but with fritsch gone it will probably go unanswered? I'll leave it here all the same.

PS: Fritsch, your extremely helpful attitude and tell-it-like-it-is demeanor will be missed!
Sad, very sad news fritsch. But so it is, your life, your decision. I can only respect it.

Thank you fritsch for all your great work, coding, support and for sure we Kodi users and testers will miss you. hope you'll find your place and way of living (as for sure Kodi took a lot of your personal life). All the best and hope to meet you somewhere in the future!
Please help me.
Why I don't signal on Display Port?
@fritsch. Thank you for all of your help. You have contributed greatly. Many XBMC and Kodi boxes have been saved by you.

Best of luck to you.
G
(2016-01-02, 15:57)BaGRoS Wrote: Please help me.
Why I don't signal on Display Port?

If you want some actual help I would provide some actual details.....
@fritsch - sad to hear Sad

you teached me a lot new stuff, therefore I wish you all the best...

and with fritsch words... no debug log no leave Big Grin

viele Gruesse
Brujo
AS Rock Beebox * Kodi 17.0-RC2 * Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Sad 
Hi Fritsch, so sorry to hear you go, you were the only guy left who cared for video quality/quantity. And tried to make it a standard. Enjoy your free time, you will be missed.

Take it easy,
Phil.
hope its not a off topic

im using the latest OE build of kodi 15.2 by fritsch for cbox (6.0.98), in some cases the kswapd0 is using most of the cpu causing kodi to drop frames
i know its an old kernel bug and not related to kodi itself, just wondering if it solved in newer releases?
Thanks for all The work fritch and for making my cubox work so well.
  • 186(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18