• 215(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Yeah - now you play everything at 23.976 fps - that won't work.

Can you set your Refreshrate to 60 hz in advance and just disable Adjust Refreshrate?

Edit: Something else. Can you test with the trakt script removed, please? (both usecases?)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-02-21, 18:29)fritsch Wrote: Yeah - now you play everything at 23.976 fps - that won't work.

Can you set your Refreshrate to 60 hz in advance and just disable Adjust Refreshrate?

Edit: Something else. Can you test with the trakt script removed, please? (both usecases?)

The problem is my projector is much louder at 60Hz (color wheel and fans) so I don't want this setting always on.

trakt script ? I don't seem to have one installed...
Beebox N3150 - LibreELEC 7.90.009 | Synology DS212+ NAS 6TB
Panasonic DMP-BD65 bluray | Yamaha RX-A3030 AVR - Kef KHT3005SE 5.1 speakers | Optoma HD87 projector - Exclusiv-Home 2.8m 16:9 screen
Yeah, though you won't be able to play 50 fps files at 23.976 hz :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Actually, and except the few first seconds with the funny sound, it works quite well on 25/50Hz files.
I tried a 30Hz one from my test pool and it is really stuttering but I hardly have other files at this frequency.
Beebox N3150 - LibreELEC 7.90.009 | Synology DS212+ NAS 6TB
Panasonic DMP-BD65 bluray | Yamaha RX-A3030 AVR - Kef KHT3005SE 5.1 speakers | Optoma HD87 projector - Exclusiv-Home 2.8m 16:9 screen
I know that you guys are way ahead in development with version 17 and are very busy.

But now that version 16 is finished and stable, will there be a stable openelec 16 egl version.

Apologies if this has been asked before.

Regards.
Sony KDL-46HX853 and Sony STR-DN1050
MONITOR AUDIO BRONZE BX5 5.0 speaker package
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Nvidia shield TV running SPMC
Pi3 running LibreELEC
harmony touch remote control
26GB unRAID server
No.
For the kernel people: Added 4.5-rc5 with the relevant patches to the usual download directory.
Somehow, the adjust refreshrate work 30% of the time. I get blank screen on "start" movie and blank screen when I stop.

Here's the debug log. This time, the blank was when I stopped the movie. When i disable "adjust framerate", I never get this issue. I'm using a projector (Epson 5030UB). I needed to set the waiting time around 5s in Kodi settings.

Thanks for any help!

http://pastebin.com/zm4xdmMs

edit - I' m using the 15.2 build. I know the development is on v17 but I still dumped the log file here since this might be a problem that is still present.
edit2- Don't mind testing the v17 build but is it easy to revert to 15.2 build? In case it breaks my current set-up (Living room setup for the whole family!)
If you want help, you need to reproduce with the v17 builds as we don't support v15 at all anymore.
(2016-02-21, 21:30)fritsch Wrote: If you want help, you need to reproduce with the v17 builds as we don't support v15 at all anymore.

ok, thanks!

I don't need help per se. I can manage the behaviour: I know that Kodi is "playing" the video behind the blank screen, or that Kodi is on the menu behind the blank screen. I just stop or restart the video and Kodi sends a new refresh rate command and it usually do the trick.

When v17 is in beta stage I'll take the plunge. I can't test too much here, with 3 kids wanting to watch movies etc...

Thanks for the great work! I'll post my findings with v17 when it's in beta.
I updated ubuntu to server-version 16.04 and this line
Quote:ExecStart = /usr/bin/xinit /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session /usr/bin/openbox-session -- :0 -nolisten tcp vt7
gives me the following error
Code:
Fatal server error:
(EE) xf86OpenConsole: Cannot open virtual console 7 (Permission denied)

In the Xorg log there is the error
Code:
[  2042.179] (EE) systemd-logind: failed to take device /dev/dri/card0: Operation not permitted

Could you update this line for the upcoming ubuntu version please?
Will do when they are out ... at the end of april.
I feared that. Then... time to reintall. Thanks anyway
Btw. your issue is something else, the user running that command is not member of video group and most likely you have to reenter the command for getting xserver start permissions from the initial howto.
I made a do-release-upgrade -d from a perfectly working installation used your how to so the user is untouched. The user kodi is still member of the video group. I already checked that. Interesting to add when I use startx on the local machine kodi starts perfectly but not from systemd or ssh.
  • 215(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18