• 2(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
@rob77: Don't change a running system - all fine as is :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Cheers Fritsch. Also I added the autostart.sh you recommend. I am sure the colours look better or is it just my imagination? What happens if you don't put in the autostart.sh command?

Cheers
Try it out and see ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Openelec build working great, groundbreaking work guys! Will keep testing.

Will the next rebuild be posted in this thread or somewhere else?
The next build will be hidden somewhere over the internet :-) and who first finds it - will get it.

No, just kidding - i will prepare another build when OpenELEC releases RC2.
Haha Smile
@Hufvudet: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...adbb32.tar <- can you give that one a try ... should have nothing changed besides a rebase on rc2.

If it works for you - I will update the link above.
Thanks! Will give it a spin tonight after work.
@fritsch: you mentioned a patch for the vnsi pvr addon in IRC, can you point me to that?

Gerald
Does the normal vnsi addon not work? that is packaged by wsnipex?
@fritsch - I'm playing around with the last OpenElec build you posted. I had previously reported some issues with the deinterlacing of some content from my cable system using MCDI/MADI. I know some providers use some strange encoding techniques, and I think we determined that to be the cause before. I'd like to revisit it though with the latest builds.

The issue is that the playback of some content is very jerky, and this can be seen on the codec screen with the skip count rapidly increasing. Some content plays fine (seems to be that where the original source is video/29.97) and other shows the issue (seems to be where original source is film/23.976).

Things work fine currently under Helix by setting VAAPI video decoding, but using the Yadif deinterlacer.

I have a couple example files from a channel where I consistently see the issue:
Example1
Example2

As well as a full debug log showing the playback of those two example files:
[edit - updated correct log link]
OpenElec log zip

Those links will expire in 3 days, so let me know if you don't get a chance to download them.

I'm willing to do whatever other testing you need. I'd love to find a way to make this work so I can use the hardware deinterlacing.
Quote:Things work fine currently under Helix by setting VAAPI video decoding, but using the Yadif deinterlacer.
This you can still do.
Yes, but it'd definitely be nice to have it be capable of using HW deinterlace, and I'm sure others could benefit as well if it was working - especially for those lower powered systems that don't have enough CPU to use Yadif.
Upstream vaapi is working mostly with gstreamer. So if you could reproduce with gstreamer and vpp then chances are much higher, that the intel people would like to fix it. So could you try the samples with gstreamer and vpp methods (0,1,2,3) and see if that works?
I assume in order to give real results, I'd have to have all the latest packages (mesa, & etc.) installed like in the first post, right? To do the test above, I just installed the Openelec build on a USB stick, so I'd have to take the time to update my installed OS in order to do the gstreamer testing I suppose.

Would you recommend using mplayer, or some other frontend to gstreamer?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18