• 3(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
I would use gst-launch directly to reproduce. It's a bit hard at the beginning to fiddle out the right params - but that way the intel people will be able to reproduce. Though i am not sure they will fix it for us. As it seems that this stream mixes progressive with interlaced and yadif just copes with that, while the intel vpp gets programmed by us. But we will see.

Try to adjust that:
Code:
gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location="/home/fritsch/1032_20130801154100.ts" ! tsdemux ! vaapidecode ! vaapipostproc deinterlace=1 deinterlace-method=3 ! vaapisink
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hmmmm.... apparently I need an additional plugin for the VAAPI stuff, and I don't see a package for it. I had to install the "bad" plugins to get "tsdemux", but it's still complaining about [WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "vaapidecode"]

I'll have to mess around more later when the wife isn't wanting to watch TV Smile
Ah, nevermind - has plugins for the newer version of gstreamer. Now it gets to this:

Code:
gst-launch-1.0   filesrc location=test-usa-svu-1.ts  ! tsdemux ! vaapidecode ! vaapipostproc deinterlace=1 deinterlace-method=3 ! vaapisink
libva info: VA-API version 0.38.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_38
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no property "deinterlace" in element "vaapipostproc0"

Which I assume is because I need a driver update? I'm running in a very bare minimum X via startx. No DE

This is on Archlinux which I have installed currently. I can rebuild the box on Ubuntu following the tutorial if needed - but not until I have some time later.
Please stay on topic in this thread. you are missing gstreamer-vaapi packages.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi fritsch,

I tested the current EGL build on an i3-3225 system.

I didn't find any information if VAAPI-MCDI and MADI are not fully supported on IVB, but is it normal that the first row has jittering artifacts?

This is a debug log with Lancos3 + yadif: http://paste.ubuntu.com/11878573/
and this one is with Lancos3 + MCDI: http://paste.ubuntu.com/11878622/

With yadif, it skips 4 frames every 5-10 seconds which is sometimes visible.
With MCDI, it continuously skips frames throughout playback, but this is not visible.

The skip count is from the Codec Info OSD.

Kernel is 4.1.1-040101-generic
libva-intel-vaapi-driver is 1.6.0~pre1-1~vivid
xserver-xorg-video-intel is 2:2.99.917+git1506041932.7d30cc~gd~v

vainfo:
libva info: VA-API version 0.38.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_38
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
vainfo: VA-API version: 0.38 (libva 1.6.0.pre1)
vainfo: Driver version: Intel i965 driver for Intel® Ivybridge Desktop - 1.6.0.pre1 (1.6.0.pre1)
No, that's not normal. I use those on my IVB gpu, too.

Btw. you use Lanczos3 Optimized _even_ on 1080i50, which is too much for your gpu in any case. Use the "Use HQ scaling when scaling above 20%" setting, please as the howto suggests.
It is set to 20%, and I didn't play any 1080i content, just SD LiveTV and maybe 720p LiveTV.

So which component do you thinks shows the artifacts?
To be honest - I have no idea as I cannot reproduce. Does it go away if you disable MADI / MCDI or do you have that issue no matter which content?
Yadif has no artifacts (but the skips), no interlacing at all (either playing 1080p or 720p or disabling it completely for SD content) doesn't show artifacts either.
So, to get that right:

Yadif: No artifacts, but skips when OSD is open
MCDI/MADI: First line is broken whenever you watch 576i or 1080i with it
Normal progressive content: All fine?
@Hanzoh: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...b32.img.gz

Can you try this. Flash it to usb stick and enter "live" on boot screen? Same issue?
I tested again on my IVB. Build fernet's latest EGL branch and tested all what you said. Not a single issue - even when I force lanczos3 optimized on 1080i(!). No broken first line, no skips.

wsnipex is currently rebuilding the ppa. You can update in approxy 1 hour: https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/...ld/7652469

thx @ wsnipex.
I tried the OE image with your Transformers 3 sample.
Everythings fine with Lanczos3 and MCDI.
I guess my Ubuntu got messed up somewhere in the process.

Though the jagged first line was for full 16:9 content which I can't play from LiveTV right now,
as the VNSI addon (installed from the OE repo) won't remain enabled when I activate LiveTV.

If this could get fixed somehow, I would move to this image Smile
Just reboot - then would work. Btw. here are some testfiles: http://solidrun.maltegrosse.de/~fritsch/

Edit: Reboot won't work it's a live image.
I installed it to disk, but a reboot won't help:
http://sprunge.us/FjYI

Fresh install from image, then installed PVR VNSI addon and enabled LiveTV.
The log is from a fresh reboot.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18