• 11(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Currently Wayland supports only GLES, not full OpenGL.
(2015-07-25, 14:13)fritsch Wrote: Here are some new OpenELEC images, based on kodi v15:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...ea5.img.gz
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...e30ea5.tar

Will update the first post after someone said that they are working.

Working fine besides one thing. Kodi is starting the Videos always in the Background.

EDIT: Just saw it in the Second Post. Sorry
See the second post in this thread.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-07-25, 12:32)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-07-24, 13:30)movie78 Wrote: Hardware:Chromebox
System:Kodibuntu Helix 14.2
Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS
Linux Kernel: Kernel: Linux 3.19.0-031900-generic

Can i follow the steps from the first page to update my system or this doesn't apply to my system.

Thanks!

The howto is provided as is - Upgrade is not supported. If you do those commands on a fully installed kodibuntu you will end up with two xserver and two kodi sessions.

Thanks for your reply.

Is there anyway this could be package with Kodibuntu?
I am more use to KodiUbuntu instead of OpenElec.

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Without any support:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:wsnipex/mesa
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:wsnipex/vaapi
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-fernetmenta-master

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Edit: and nothing else. You need to set the full range else where - which is off topic in this thread.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-07-25, 18:30)fritsch Wrote: Without any support:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:wsnipex/mesa
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:wsnipex/vaapi
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-fernetmenta-master

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Edit: and nothing else. You need to set the full range else where - which is off topic in this thread.

Thanks!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Hi i have a problems with these builds and isengard in general. Using a wireless connection and sometimes when i start the chromebox there is no internet. The box in the network settings next to wireless gets unticked. Any ideas whats going on? I have checked the option to wait for network before booting but does not seem to help.
Not related to those builds, cause absolutely zero changed to anything ethernet related, reproduce with official OpenELEC beta3 and report that bug upstream.
(2015-07-25, 15:17)Hufvudet Wrote:
(2015-07-25, 12:30)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-07-24, 11:38)Hufvudet Wrote: is that true fritsch? in that case I take back my ramblings Smile

And by "not in use" do you mean not useful or not even activated?

It "should not be needed" in limited range. But the very moment the original source includes banding already - it will help. So it does not harm.

thanks for clarifying. I don't take back my ramblings Smile

Yes...as I said...don't blame me Wink. Sorry
FernetMenta, fritsch: what's a good branch currently to base my 3dlut work on? I'd like to make some test OE builds soon and was on top of fernetmenta/EGL until now. What are your plans - should I stay there or rebase on top of master?

I guess my main concern at the moment is to be able to output patches to the Kodi version with EGL in fritsch's test builds.
It's fernetmenta's master - cause here future will happen.

I can provide v16 builds with exactly that branch then.

Edit: And depending on how intrusive they are I can pick them on my (not supported by fernetmenta) egl-isengard branch that I currently use for the OE people.
I'm trying to make the first build right now. Smile Is egl-isengard the branch you're making patches from to the OE Kodi package?
(2015-07-26, 20:51)lmyllari Wrote: I'm trying to make the first build right now. Smile Is egl-isengard the branch you're making patches from to the OE Kodi package?

Yes, see here: https://github.com/fritsch/OpenELEC.tv/commits/EGL

Let's concentrate to work on fernetmenta's master. I only did those builds so that OE users that want something "working" don't run into breakage.
I'll try to make my first build from egl-isengard but will continue dev on fernetmenta's master. Thanks!
(2015-07-26, 20:54)fritsch Wrote: Yes, see here: https://github.com/fritsch/OpenELEC.tv/commits/EGL

Let's concentrate to work on fernetmenta's master. I only did those builds so that OE users that want something "working" don't run into breakage.

any chance we'll see a PPA with an Isengard/EGL version? I have multiple devices using a central mysql server, so need to keep them all on the same db version
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18