• 12(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
DB version was not bumped yet. I am not sure what to do here, cause we won't be able to track down bugs with this version as we - starting from a certain point - won't know if those are already fixed in the above master branch. I can think of a solution to provide one - as is - without support?

@wsnipex: what do you think?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-07-27, 08:12)fritsch Wrote: DB version was not bumped yet. I am not sure what to do here, cause we won't be able to track down bugs with this version as we - starting from a certain point - won't know if those are already fixed in the above master branch. I can think of a solution to provide one - as is - without support?

the 16.0 alpha from fernetmenta's ppa bumps the db version to 94
(2015-07-27, 08:12)fritsch Wrote: DB version was not bumped yet. I am not sure what to do here, cause we won't be able to track down bugs with this version as we - starting from a certain point - won't know if those are already fixed in the above master branch. I can think of a solution to provide one - as is - without support?

not sure if providing such a PPA would be benefitial to our intent to get master tested properly...
Hello, i have try your openelec release, work very fine for me Smile (I do not have the pvr bug as beta 3) i use in intel nuc dccp847dye. ( and now i go install to DN2820FYKH)

At this time no problem, i continue to use Smile thank you for your hard work !!!

ps : just mce remote dont work in install, forced to use this cmd for work : ln -s /dev/null /storage/.config/system.d/eventlircd.service

after all its ok
Yeah - that's an OpenELEC upstream bug, sraue is working on that. It's the same with the official releases.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
with your version its good :-)

i have just view 2 problem's :

-After install in DN2820 i have a problem with the splash screen in boot : Image

- h265 lag in 2 intel nuc (image slow)
Not in any way related to this code ... h265 is sw accelerated on your slow atom cpu ...
ok thank you Smile there is there a way to improve the quality on the H265 ?
If you cannot write C/C++ and don't want to implement the hwaccel for ffmpeg via vaapi - No - else Yes.

Edit: On your old Celeron: No - that CPU is too slow for HEVC in good quality.
intel celeron is too slow ? hoooo noooo Sad so, Android box TV is better than Intel nuc celeron ? because they are able to decode H265 (I always think otherwise, it's good to know for the next purchase)

so I can never hope to watch a H265 movie in my intel nuc Sad
We talk about HEVC decoding. The android boxes you are talking about have a dedicated HEVC decoder on dedicated silicon ...

Intel GPUs with dedicated hw support for this codec are starting from Braswell and later. Even the high priced Broadwell only has "enhanced SW support" to decode it - and that only on windows.
okay, thank you for the clarification. Blush I know what I have to do if I want the H265 lol Big Grin
Fritsch, I installed Ubuntu 15.04 yesterday and noticed that the Intel driver from the Ubuntu repository is also 2.99.917 just like the linked deb in Dropbox. Is there still a difference between them?
Yes. See here and find 917: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/...intel/log/ - you got it?

Answer if not: It's 917 since > 6 months ... but constantly improved and changed.
That's obviously a huge difference Smile Any reason this cannot be distributed via the wsnipex PPA?
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18