• 14(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2015-07-30, 14:41)Roby77 Wrote: Please don't ban me but english is not my mother language

My setup is

Chromebox with oe kodi 15.1 rc1
tv panasonic vt 60 that i can set full or limited
Amp Denon x2000

1)can i switch to this version simply using tar placed in update folder ? Yes. Copy there and force a reboot.

2) must i set on my tv full rgb or limited ? Yes.

And also must i place the code in autostart even if i set full rgb or limited in my tv ? Yes.

Thanks

I liked the build but with the video starting in the background it has a low WAF so I put RC3 back on until this is resolved. Will continue to test on my dev Chromebox.
This is a known issue

Quote:Known Issues
Kodi not going fullscreen when video is selected:
This happens on e.g. Transparency or Amber skin and was already reported to fernetmenta.

But what about my question ?
Roby77 - Please re-read my post. I answered the questions inline...
Ops thank you really much
i will give a try after holiday on htpc test to avoid waf problem Big Grin

But does the problem of background occurs only with amber and trasparency skin

Edit:

Quote:2) must i set on my tv full rgb or limited ? Yes.

Yes for full or limited ? Big Grin
TV for Full.
(2015-07-30, 17:01)darebee Wrote: TV for Full.

depends on if you're going thru an AVR and have other devices connected, which likely all use limited range, and whether the TV correctly detects the color space in auto mode.
No matter what your output is. Always set the GPU to Full Range with the xrandr command. Cause if you need full -> it will be full. If you need Limited, kodi can be set to Limited.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Sounds like I should revisit my kernel patch for limited range video. I think a better implementation would be to add a new driver property to select HDMI output range tagging (auto or limited), make Kodi switch to full range output on start up and set the new control based on the Kodi limited range setting.

I don't know how it would be received by upstream. fritsch, would you consider such patches for your OE builds?
Yes - I consider everything that makes it easier for users. Having to cope with xrandr is not that user friendly.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'm really confused as usual cause several user told me to don't set rgb space colour if player is used only for movie content

One week ago i also try an htpc equipped with a gt740 + oe and i must set the tv to full to reproduce correct black level but i don't edit autostart

Just to be sure the correct test to check black level is gray ramp test ?

2)you say that intel display only rgb colour so we must set in colour space instead of 709 (bluray)

Take patience
Sorry - no time for patience at the moment - i have answered those question too often. Just believe your eyes and do your own testing. "Others" say a whole lot during the day ...
Yes i agree thank you
(2015-07-30, 08:54)fritsch Wrote: Kernel issue ... that was never fully fixed ... sadly: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=88012

I still have some hacked arround kernels here:
Code:
wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55728161/linux-image-3.19.2-legacy%2Bedid%2B_3.19.2-legacy%2Bedid%2B-10.00.Custom_amd64.deb
wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55728161/linux-headers-3.19.2-legacy%2Bedid%2B_3.19.2-legacy%2Bedid%2B-10.00.Custom_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i *3.19.2*deb

Just a little feedback. That Kernel worked like a charm. Thx Fritsch!
does the fullscreen bug mean that you select the video to play but the info screen for movie or tv doesn't go away, but the movie is playing behind it once you exit?

if so that is what happens with the aeon madnox skin. i assume this must be the bug since the problem does not occur in confluence.
As you guys mostly get feedback when things go wrong, I'm happily running your OE version from an external drive on my HSW-based D54250WYK NUC for the last couple of days. No hassle whatsoever. Definite improvement over standard 14.2 on Win 8.1 in terms of picture quality with my Full HD plasma. Thanks fernetmenta and fritsch!
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18