• 16(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
I doubt that this will be in v16. My master branch only works for OpenGL systems, Linux and OSX. All other platforms need to adapt to the changes in renderer and dvdplayer first.

EDIT: OE is a different story.
Sorry to bother you

About Oe what does it mean different story ?

Thank for your work
I know that nobody has probably even tried it yet or dare to support it at this point, but would it be possible to achieve the same in OpenSUSE? My 945GM graphics are barely getting by these days.
XBMC Kodi is awesome!
No - not for your 945. It does not even do VAAPI - so nope :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
OE is as easy to do as it is now. Whenever 6.0 comes out, I can rebase the patchset on top of it ... and provide a build.

The missing fixes (not in foreground on e.g. Nox, Transparaency) are still open bugs in fernet's master - but otherwise everything is running fine anyways.

Remember: VAAPI support in OpenELEC is done by me since > 3 years. Everything is based on fernetmenta's code in there - so it does not matter at all if it's "official" OE 6.1 release or not.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I directed a friend of mine to the first post's how-to, he followed this line by line running on a Braswell N3150.

I guess everything is up-to-date in the how-to. For Braswell he needs to upgrade the Kernel to the latest, as described in the second post.
There kernel 4.1.3-040103 is listed. Should he use that version, or any of the newer ones, like v4.1.4 or maybe v4.2.rc5 being now the latest?
Ok here a feedback after 2 weeks heavy daily usage of this magical peace of Kodi. Runs rock solid and pretty smooth on my device (no freeze or other unwanted behavior), all the samples from Fritsch as well as my usual Content and streams. During run the CPU load is pretty low and the Temperature keep in normal range of my passive cooled device.

Zotac CI320 Nano, FW Version 2K141225, Intel HD Graphics, Intel Celeron N2930 (quad-core, 1.83 GHz) Burst frequency. Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS / 4.1.1-040101-generic / Kodi (16.0-ALPHA1 Git:f8af961)

Thanks a lot to all the devs…
AS Rock Beebox * Kodi 17.0-RC2 * Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Fritsh, thanks for all of your hard work. I have installed your Ubuntu server based solution on my NUC5PPYH and I am very impressed. I am using the SiliconDust HDHR View/DVR add-on for live TV and am much more happy with the deinterlacing in this package vs what I had using the canned Oe 5.95.3 available on the OpenElect site. There is still a very minor skip in the video as I watch an information scroll move across the screen but it is very watchable. I've tried all of the VAAPI option available and they are all about the same.
Which CPU is the better one for EGL? The N3700 or N3050?
(2015-08-08, 16:57)Jimmersd Wrote: Fritsh, thanks for all of your hard work. I have installed your Ubuntu server based solution on my NUC5PPYH and I am very impressed. I am using the SiliconDust HDHR View/DVR add-on for live TV and am much more happy with the deinterlacing in this package vs what I had using the canned Oe 5.95.3 available on the OpenElect site. There is still a very minor skip in the video as I watch an information scroll move across the screen but it is very watchable. I've tried all of the VAAPI option available and they are all about the same.

Debug Log could reveal something. Do you have a sample, e.g. recording that shows the issue you could share with us?

dirtydesaster Wrote:Which CPU is the better one for EGL? The N3700 or N3050?

Totally irrelevant.
Here is a short log where I Booted to Kodi, Enabled Debug, Started HDHR View, Changed Channels, Closed the App, shut off Debug and shutdown the box.

Basic operation: http://xbmclogs.com/ppqkcssdf

The stutter is not consistent during the test but it did happen.

Also I am including a snip of log from an issue where the video froze until I reselect/reload the channel. This has happened several times.

Freeze: http://xbmclogs.com/paglpqkki

I guess maybe the SiliconDust guys might be interested in seeing this
Could you make a recording and reproduce with the recording?

also provide dmesg | pastebinit please (after this)

It seems the render gets stuck.

Quote:Host CPU: Intel® Pentium® CPU N3700 @ 1.60GHz, 4 cores available

^^ Curious that this pentium works at all with this kernel.
I have a knack for making things work contrary to how they are intended.

Not sure how to get a video to you. The DVR isn't functional just yet. I still need to set up the NAS. I could try to get you a video on YouTube but I don't think that's what you're asking for. .

http://paste.ubuntu.com/12032103/
Quote:[ 165.779515] [drm:i915_hangcheck_elapsed [i915_bpo]] *ERROR* Hangcheck timer elapsed... render ring idle

^^ please upgrade to the kernel I suggested in the second post - does this help?
(2015-08-08, 19:40)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:[ 165.779515] [drm:i915_hangcheck_elapsed [i915_bpo]] *ERROR* Hangcheck timer elapsed... render ring idle

^^ please upgrade to the kernel I suggested in the second post - does this help?

Okay, sorry didn't get your meaning. I'll let you know.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18