• 20(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2015-08-13, 06:21)fritsch Wrote: Thx much. Currently travelling for work ... will See when I get time again :-(

Edit: kodigrind.txt is not accessible.

No prob, writing this from an airport as well... permissions fixed for kodigrind.txt, but the results are not interesting I believe.
Quote:==1433== LEAK SUMMARY:
==1433== definitely lost: 0 bytes in 0 blocks
==1433== indirectly lost: 0 bytes in 0 blocks
==1433== possibly lost: 0 bytes in 0 blocks
==1433== still reachable: 26,208 bytes in 69 blocks
==1433== suppressed: 0 bytes in 0 blocks

:-) That would prove you wrong in deed. Retry with: --leak-check=full ?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-08-13, 06:31)FernetMenta Wrote: how do you measure memory usage? you know that Linux may consume mem for its own purposes and give it to apps on request. this memory is not flagged as free mem.

I was just looking at the memory usage percentage in Kodi system info page. Anyhow the number did not grow when VAAPI was disabled and it did grow when VAAPI was enabled. Also, OpenELEC more or less crashed whene reaching 72%, but Ubuntu + Kodi did not for some reason. I say more or less, as it was possible to move in the menus, but for example it was not possible to start any of add-on that started an external piece of software (such as mrxvt console).
(2015-08-14, 18:12)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:==1433== LEAK SUMMARY:
==1433== definitely lost: 0 bytes in 0 blocks
==1433== indirectly lost: 0 bytes in 0 blocks
==1433== possibly lost: 0 bytes in 0 blocks
==1433== still reachable: 26,208 bytes in 69 blocks
==1433== suppressed: 0 bytes in 0 blocks

:-) That would prove you wrong in deed. Retry with: --leak-check=full ?

Yes, indeed it seems that the memory is released when Kodi is quit. Though I don't know where I was wrong - I am just reporting what I see. Smile If there are some other printouts in addition to passing the leak-check=full parameter to valgrind that I can collect while observing the growing memory usage percentage I could collect those as well. I'll retry this probably on Monday.

Of course it is possible that OE gets stuck due to some other reason and not because of memory. However, the fact that any add-on does not start anymore could point to a memory issue.

I did not notice this problem, but was talking to another guy who had the same issue (OE crashing after watching several videos) on the same hardware but 2GB RAM - I just verified that it indeed happens.
Is it possible that some TVs correctly interpret the
Code:
xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full"
setting of 0-255 levels over their HDMI input, and switch to 0-255 Full range, thus making it not possible to use Limited Range within Kodi to get correct 16-235 levels over HDMI?

I've installed the EGL OpenElec build from post 2 of the thread, and created the autostart.sh file. However when I run Kodi I get correct levels on my Sony UHD TV (routed via an Onkyo amp) without the Kodi option for limited output enabled. (i.e. I don't get crushed blacks and clipped whites without the setting, and I do get grey blacks with it) I am running via a Displayport to HDMI adaptor, but my display is reported as HDMI1 not a DIsplayport display in xrandr.

Is there an option to check that the xrandr setting I've made in autostart.sh has correctly 'taken'?
(2015-08-15, 17:45)noggin Wrote: Is it possible that some TVs correctly interpret the
Code:
setting of 0-255 levels over their HDMI input, and switch to 0-255 Full range, thus making it not possible to use Limited Range within Kodi to get correct 16-235 levels over HDMI?

Yes , it is. If TV interprets info frame kodi's limited setting does not work.
(2015-08-15, 17:55)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2015-08-15, 17:45)noggin Wrote: Is it possible that some TVs correctly interpret the
Code:

Yes , it is. If TV interprets info frame kodi's limited setting does not work.

Thanks. Looks as if my Sony 2014 UHD set correctly interprets info frames then...
If I build a rig based on G1840 Haswell, as it needs some more power for Plex and some basic nas functions, will I be able to run Kodi too? If I got this correct, everything should work on G1840 the same way as with Braswell, except future HEVC support?
(2015-08-16, 08:23)gurabli Wrote: If I build a rig based on G1840 Haswell, as it needs some more power for Plex and some basic nas functions, will I be able to run Kodi too? If I got this correct, everything should work on G1840 the same way as with Braswell, except future HEVC support?

My Haswell Celerons (HP260 G1 with 2957U and Asus Chromebox with 2955U) are working fine - so I've no reason to think a Haswell Pentium won't, though others here are better qualified to confirm.
I had a Celeron 1820T based setup in my living room before I got a passively cooled ZBOX CI520 nano. It will be fine with this howto.

Btw. HEVC is taking shape at the moment. Fernetmenta has started development https://github.com/FernetMenta/FFmpeg/co...e/2.7-kodi and Timo (btbn) has continued to work on those patches, here: https://github.com/BtbN/FFmpeg/commits/vaapi_hevc

Kodi's part was not hard at all (though testing did not yet happen): https://github.com/fritsch/xbmc/commit/a...4146813f14

Seems with this next gen codec VAAPI will go into a nice future, at least HEVC wise.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
in the moment I fail on a frehs installation by following the step by step guide from the op with sudo apt-get install kodi kodi-bin

--
Die folgenden Pakete haben unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten:
kodi-bin : Hängt ab von: libcrossguid1 ist aber nicht installierbar
E: Probleme können nicht korrigiert werden, Sie haben zurückgehaltene defekte Pakete.
--

any hint ?
AS Rock Beebox * Kodi 17.0-RC2 * Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-ppa-build-depends
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get -f install

Does this help?
yes fritsch - this helped...

thanks a lot for your support
AS Rock Beebox * Kodi 17.0-RC2 * Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
(2015-08-17, 12:55)Brujo Wrote: in the moment I fail on a frehs installation by following the step by step guide from the op with sudo apt-get install kodi kodi-bin

--
Die folgenden Pakete haben unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten:
kodi-bin : Hängt ab von: libcrossguid1 ist aber nicht installierbar
E: Probleme können nicht korrigiert werden, Sie haben zurückgehaltene defekte Pakete.
--

any hint ?

its now fixed in the PPA, no need for the build-deps PPA anymore.
Any Openelec Build with Kodi 15.1 out now?
Living Room: ASRock J3455 , 8GB RAM, Sandisk SSD 120GB, LibreELEC Testbuild,- Pioneer VSX-930 - Sony KD-65XD7505
Test HDR Setup: Bqeel M9Cmax (S905X 2GB RAM, 16G Flash) LibreElec HDR 10Bit Build Test6 from johngalt
R.I.P. DAD: 17.06.1952 - 21.01.2017
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18