• 24(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
I updated the builds once again. The "videos not starting in fullscreen" is fixed. In both the ppa and the OE builds.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-08-21, 08:44)fritsch Wrote: I updated the builds once again. The "videos not starting in fullscreen" is fixed. In both the ppa and the OE builds.

Jap, confirmed working with skins other than Confluence. Thanks a lot @fritsch and @fernet!
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Is there an OE build with that fix fritsch?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Quote:I updated the builds once again. The "videos not starting in fullscreen" is fixed. In both the ppa and the OE builds.

^^ first post
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks!
I shouldn't read late on Friday evening, I see the OE reference now, Sorry for the noise.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Just tried this on a Thinkpad T450 (Broadwell) connected to a Samsung U28D590D while playing Tears of Steel (very high bitrate H.264 4K video). Everything works perfectly (except for display rate switching on this particular screen, it only supports 60 Hz):

(click for full size)

Yeah - 4k@60 output :-) Future we are coming. The architecture is fine.

Edit: Please test: http://distribution.bbb3d.renderfarming....normal.mp4
BBB @ 4K 60Hz works just as good:

Can somebody explain what the benefit is of watching a 4k movie in 1080p resolution?
Benefit over what?
Over a 1080P Movie...
No.

We implement the future architecture for VAAPI decoding and presentation. So imagine someone gives you the above bbb file with the 4k@60p and tells you: here can you play this for me? And you say: Yes, I can but I have to transcode it via handbrake to 1080p24 first - come back in 8 hours.

Playing 4k@60p files is a decoder "benchmark" nowadays, but reality in the future as this will be the default content. As most of us don't have 4k screens that can be driven with 60 hz - negge's results tell us: we are ready for the future. That's all about.
Ha cool... Wink i was just wondering..
maybe a 4k source downscaled to 1080p is better than 1080p 1:1
or not ?
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18