• 26(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2015-08-24, 21:55)Roby77 Wrote: just curiosity (maybe all kodi version it's same and i nevern see it) but i noticed that during play movie if "call the menù ( that one for audio/video/subtitle etc) the brightness raise up a little bit ( using xrandr full and dither 8)

i also noticed in video menù that brightness and contrast are now adjustable but i suppose that is better to adjust them in tv settings or not ?

can't reproduce that here, sounds like some auto-contrast crap on your TV. Brightness/contrast adjustments have always been in the video playback settings, but yes you should do all calibrations on your display vs on the source.
(2015-08-25, 00:29)Matt Devo Wrote: Brightness/contrast adjustments have always been in the video playback settings

That is not true for vaapi. Controls became visible with EGL.

Here are some other good news. Not yet fully there but Timo is working on it and it looks very, very promissing.

Edit: Hardware Braswell N3150
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I installed this version yesterday and today I was going to set it up for SD vidoes. But I can't find "Auto Deinterlacing-Method: VAAPI-MCDI or VAAPI-MADI (Baytrail, Sandybridge)" as it says in this tutorial.

Do I have to download something to get that choice?

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
(2015-08-25, 07:41)fritsch Wrote: Image

Here are some other good news. Not yet fully there but Timo is working on it and it looks very, very promissing.

Edit: Hardware Braswell N3150

Jesus! Gotta get me a braswell. My haswell is having problems even with hevc 1080p 60fps Sad
No. Just press the film role icon _while_ playing a file.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-08-25, 08:34)fritsch Wrote: No. Just press the film role icon _while_ playing a file.
No, it's not there for me.. =( I can confirm that I do use your version, and made the changes to both autostart and advancedsettings.

/Söder
It's there when watching 720p video. Not a SD video..

/Söder
(2015-08-25, 08:49)soder Wrote: It's there when watching 720p video. Not a SD video..

/Söder

It's always there (Deinterlace, Deinterlace-Method). Only the scaling method cannot be fixed to Lanczos3 Optimized when you watch HD. This Scaling setting is there for 720p _and_ SD (which is even smaller than 720p). Don't forget the Use HQ scaling when scaling above: 20% setting in that combination. Then Save for all videos. Never set Deinterlace to "On" it must be Auto.
(2015-08-25, 08:52)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 08:49)soder Wrote: It's there when watching 720p video. Not a SD video..

/Söder

It's always there (Deinterlace, Deinterlace-Method). Only the scaling method cannot be fixed to Lanczos3 Optimized when you watch HD. This Scaling setting is there for 720p _and_ SD (which is even smaller than 720p). Don't forget the Use HQ scaling when scaling above: 20% setting in that combination. Then Save for all videos. Never set Deinterlace to "On" it must be Auto.

Does it have to be a special codec? I think the SD video was xvid. The 720 version was x264.

Can i set it on the 720p video?

/Söder
Yes - you can. Why not just trying it? :-) Codec does not matter at all - only the dimensions matter and this also only cause of the "Use HQ Scaling when scaling above 20%" setting.
Like I said. I get the option when I watch a 720p x264 video on Kodi that are set to 1080p. (Shall I use motion adaptive or compensated on a Braswell NUC5CPYH?)

But when I watch SD video in xvid, the option for VAAPI is not there. Only scaling method with Lanczos3 optimised.

/Söder
You should care for your 6 days old baby :-)
(2015-08-25, 09:53)fritsch Wrote: You should care for your 6 days old baby :-)

I do, but have to do something when she sleep or eat. =)

/Söder
(2015-08-25, 07:40)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 00:29)Matt Devo Wrote: Brightness/contrast adjustments have always been in the video playback settings

That is not true for vaapi. Controls became visible with EGL.

Yes, i have never see that options
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18