• 27(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2015-08-25, 08:49)soder Wrote: It's there when watching 720p video. Not a SD video..

/Söder

I need a restart of kodi to see that option for sd content, did you try ?

@fritsch oe release beta4, do you plan to release a new version based on that ?
We need to differentiate, cause there were some preliminary VAAPI solutions, if you remember that "Prefer VAAPI Render Method" could be disabled or even was called "Use SW Filter" in older versions. Those are not needed anymore at all, but with them ticked - the options _were_ visible.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-08-25, 10:28)Roby77 Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 08:49)soder Wrote: It's there when watching 720p video. Not a SD video..

/Söder

I need a restart of kodi to see that option for sd content, did you try ?

@fritsch oe release beta4, do you plan to release a new version based on that ?

No. My version is much newer and OE master based. There is not a single need to update anything ... I will rebase on 15.2 again.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thank you for all!, do you accept donation ?
(2015-08-25, 07:41)fritsch Wrote: Image

Here are some other good news. Not yet fully there but Timo is working on it and it looks very, very promissing.

Edit: Hardware Braswell N3150

Any Chance to get beta builds with hevc support. Maybe we can help with testing? Nuc5i3 here in use :-)
Living Room: ASRock J3455 , 8GB RAM, Sandisk SSD 120GB, LibreELEC Testbuild,- Pioneer VSX-930 - Sony KD-65XD7505
Test HDR Setup: Bqeel M9Cmax (S905X 2GB RAM, 16G Flash) LibreElec HDR 10Bit Build Test6 from johngalt
R.I.P. DAD: 17.06.1952 - 21.01.2017
Lol - no ... just look at the screenshot ...
Quick question. Using the latest build on chromebox with 4k tv. Is there a deinterlace method i should choose instead of auto when watching 1080p video? What about the scaling method? Chromebox is set to 1080p output as the avr does not support 4k passthrough. Thanks a lot.
No - since when do you need to deinterlace progressive content?

4k@60p HEVC with bilinear downscaling on my N3150. So - we are done. Timo is sending it to upstream ffmpeg as we speak :-)

4k@60p is an edge case for this 65$ Braswell currently :-) Haha - we are there, nice, nice, nice.

btbn Wrote:14:00 < BtbN> Would have been much faster if vaapi wouldn't be such a huge pile
of bullshit.
(2015-08-25, 10:31)Roby77 Wrote: Thank you for all!, do you accept donation ?

Donations can be made via

https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate/
http://openelec.tv/donate

depending on who you want to support.
I'm pretty sure neither fritsch nor timo accept personal donations.
Without fernetmenta's rendering rework all this would not be possible. Our colleagues of mpv currently decode with 5fps cause of the insane pixmap, texture transfer that VAAPI only had before we started to improve this with upstream. So in all this will lift vaapi and intel hw to a new 4k capable future and the code we have written, be it in the render or in ffmpeg will help all opensource people.
(2015-08-25, 14:00)Kib Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 10:31)Roby77 Wrote: Thank you for all!, do you accept donation ?

Donations can be made via

https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate/
http://openelec.tv/donate

depending on who you want to support.
I'm pretty sure neither fritsch nor timo accept personal donations.

normally i do, now my intentions was just to offer a couple of beer , as i have done in the past for other contributor, to thanks for his work

sorry for ot
I wonder if the N3050 dual core would be enough to pull that kind of results 4K@60, considering the cpu low load and the same gpu hw involved.
4k@60 is the upper limit I think for now. Even my N3150 skips some frames from time to time ... but hey - imagine - on normal OpenELEC/ kodi you are not even able to display 60 fps(!) at 4k ...
So if the impatient would like to try the HEVC decoding out, can you point out which branches to compile (if we assume that the starting point is a system installed according to post #1 of this thread)?

Thanks and hats off to everyone making this happen!
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18