• 36(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
I will build a final hevc version on sunday. After this we will concentrate on Jarvis, only.

Mainly I want that Dennis from the technikaffe.de team can retest his braswell, easily.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-04, 16:23)fritsch Wrote: What about you? :-)

Yes i was speaking about me (a non superman ) Big Grin
I'm not sure about Skylake, will Intel release Skylake version of SoC like Braswell and BayTrail? So we are expected to have same itx boards as the N3150 but based on Skylake or only desktop and mobile versions?
I have just received the components to build a rig based on Asrock N3150-itx, can't wait to test hevc build. Will you also update the PPA or just OE build?
(2015-09-04, 20:19)gurabli Wrote: I'm not sure about Skylake, will Intel release Skylake version of SoC like Braswell and BayTrail? So we are expected to have same itx boards as the N3150 but based on Skylake or only desktop and mobile versions?
I have just received the components to build a rig based on Asrock N3150-itx, can't wait to test hevc build. Will you also update the PPA or just OE build?
1) Hardware forum. This thread is about reality not about hw speculations
2) ppa is rebuild every night automatically

Edit: damn auto complete of my phone
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Fair enough, we will see what will Intel do.

I like Braswell a lot, or to be more precise, I appreciate your work a lot, as that makes hw useable.

Thanks!

Edit: I'm on phone too, strugling with autocomplete too, can make post funnySmile
Dear all

the 4k HEVC is it also working with Haswell i7 processor (4th generation 4765T)?
I tried a video (Samsung 4k demo video) it played but it stucks from time to time.
Is this normal?

BR -zero-
Isn't it software mode with haswell ?
It should be ff-hevc decoder and not ff-hevc-vaapi
haswell cannot do hevc in hardware.
(2015-08-31, 22:29)FernetMenta Wrote: Can you provide a short recording of this channel?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v153szv4xj01be...DT.ts?dl=0
works fine with vaapi here
can you test with current version of the ppa?
i also tried it with fritsch oe build
no problem
I try OpenElec version from post #2. Version 15/08/2015.

NUC5PPYH (Braswell).

h264 4k60fps working perfect and very smooth. CPU usage 10-20%.

h265 4k30fps - poor playback and very high cpu usage.

H/W decode Hevc on Braswell not working in this version??.

Please do me a favor and actually _read_ - there is no, absolutely no OE Version with HEVC support on intel cards anywhere ...
And as you even failed to read the post three posts above yours, here it is again just for you: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2097739
(2015-09-05, 19:53)FernetMenta Wrote: works fine with vaapi here
can you test with current version of the ppa?

Still getting the freeze with a fresh install.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18