• 37(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Then something is wrong with your setup. Post the logs again please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-05, 21:46)rome Wrote:
(2015-09-05, 19:53)FernetMenta Wrote: works fine with vaapi here
can you test with current version of the ppa?

Still getting the freeze with a fresh install.

with the same recording you provided?
yes but if I choose vaapi-bob it plays without freezing.
Channel 6 plays without freezing also with vaapi-bob.
strange no problem with my asus chromebox in open elec (vaapi lanczos)
Here are some OE HEVC demo / test builds as promissed for Sunday:
I tested 4k Sintel and one of the files Trsqr linked (4k@24p) works without an issue on my N3150 Asrock. After some thorough tests by you dear users, I will update the front page.

Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...9d5.img.gz
Update: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...48e9d5.tar

For the self-builders: I faked a bit, you will see this in my commits (EGL branch) I packaged intel driver and ffmpeg locally (made a tar of fernet's master-kodi branch and one of libva-intel-driver master branch)

Edit: My testsuite was done without any issue -> front page updated.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Very nice work Fritsch, the 24p 4K HEVC era really has begun for Braswell owners.
Are these 4K HEVC Sintel tests 10-bit or 8-bit. ?

Any extra penalty decoding 10-bit compared to 8-bit, there did not seem to be much when I briefly tested 10-bit 1080p HEVC just using ffmpeg decoding.

That question is redundant .... as you know: there is no 10 bit decoding support in hardware, those are obviously 8 bit.
Ah yes, you are correct. CPU / ffmpeg software decoding grunt needed then for 10-bit at the moment.

(2015-09-06, 08:12)fritsch Wrote: Here are some OE HEVC demo / test builds as promissed for Sunday:
I tested 4k Sintel and one of the files Trsqr linked (4k@24p) works without an issue on my N3150 Asrock. After some thorough tests by you dear users, I will update the front page.

Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...9d5.img.gz
Update: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...48e9d5.tar

For the self-builders: I faked a bit, you will see this in my commits (EGL branch) I packaged intel driver and ffmpeg locally (made a tar of fernet's master-kodi branch and one of libva-intel-driver master branch)

Edit: My testsuite was done without any issue -> front page updated.

I confirm, it works great on my N3150.
Thanks for all your work
@fab67: Thanks for your feedback.

Can you describe a bit concerning what works and what not? Hardware used, samples tested. Also if 4k stutters change the scaling algorithm to bilinear, as we are downscaling only.
i have an haswell chromebox...which hevc test files do you suggest to try ?
@Robby77: None. The chromebox is Haswell based. HEVC will be done on the CPU only ... so nothing new here. Perhaps some % advantage cause of the newer ffmpeg version, which had some HEVC general optimizations.
Hardware decoding only on Braswell or newer --> see post #1.

---

Edit: OK, fritsch was quicker...
I've tested the new build with the Beebox N3000 (Intel Celeron N3000 - Braswell CPU).

Here are the results of some video files with HEVC (played via gigabit network):

Birds 1080p 24fps = works perfect, no skips and drops

Sintel 1080p 24fps = works smooth, but every few seconds 1 drop

Sintel 4k 24fps = same as 1080p, drops has nearly the same interval

Tears of Steel = works smooth, but also some drops every few seconds (interval is longer than by playing Sintel)

Big Buck Bunny 1080p 60fps = skipping all the time and some drops every few seconds

Big Buck Bunny 4k 60fps = skipping all the time and some drops every few seconds, but less than at 1080p Huh

Regards,
Dennis
Regards,
Dennis
@DennisTA: Make sure you set the scaling to bilinear when downscaling, e.g. playing 4k content. Also for the codec info (only open it at the end of playing) it causes additional load.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18