• 38(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Hey fritsch, any news in the OE build relevant to a haswell owner?

Thanks for your work as always.
N3700 Braswell (NUC5ppyh). today openelec build.

OpenElec VAPPI (Linux) vs MPC-HC with Lav filters (Windows)

- Sintel hevc 4k 30fps smooth but some drops. Mpc-hc with Lav filters playing better.

- Tears hevc 4k 30fps smooth but some drops. Mpc-hc with Lav filters playing better.

- Bunny h264 4k 60fps smooth. On Mpc-hc with Lav filters is unplayable. Drops, skips, slowmotion.

- TV recording hevc 4k 60fps SMOOTH!!!!. On Mpc-hc with Lav filters is unplayable. Drops, skips and very, very slowmotion.

Very good job!!!. Cpu usage in all test files 5-12%

One is strange. Why 60fps files playing better than 30fps??. Blinnear scaling enabled. I try on/off vsync, sync playback to display, adjust display refresh rate to match video. No results. 30fps files still sometimes droped. 60fps files is ok.

@rbej

Have you also tested 4k@60Hz with HEVC?
Regards,
Dennis
@fritsch:

I've tried the same videos with the Intel NUC5CPYH (Intel Celeron N3050 - Braswell) and have the same results.

Scaling method is already set to bilinear and I did not open codec info while playing the videos.

The drops are every time at the same position with both PCs.

Could you provide me one testfile which runs well on the N3150? Maybe my Files are broken or something.

Meanwhile I will start an test with the Pentium NUC5PPYH (Intel Pentium N3700 - Braswell).
Regards,
Dennis
(2015-09-06, 11:41)rbej Wrote: N3700 Braswell (NUC5ppyh). today openelec build.

OpenElec VAPPI (Linux) vs MPC-HC with Lav filters (Windows)

- Sintel hevc 4k 30fps smooth but some drops.

- Tears hevc 4k 30fps smooth but some drops.

- Bunny h264 4k 60fps smooth.

Same result here.

It's all in all the same as with the N3000 and N3050, but not so many skips while playing BBB @60Hz.
Regards,
Dennis
@DennisTA: If it occurs always at the same position, please post me a Debug Log - that way we can see if something _in_ the file goes wrong.
@rbej: Also only open the codec info only from time to time ... with our zero copy approach we are far superior to any other player out there ... performance wise.

Concerning testfiles: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2089922 <- I use those and: http://www.libde265.org/downloads-videos/
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
And btw. For this testing, please disable "Sync Playback to Display" as other players most likely don't use it ... btw. if we drop / skip that has a sense: audio sync related. So in that regard no drops / skips does not have to mean: all fine (when Sync Playback is disabled). Consider a 3 minute video and every 30 seconds we would go 50 ms out of sync. After 2 minutes we would drop once heavily and then repeating without Sync Playback to display no drop / no skip. While this setting constantly adjusts video / audio.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-06, 11:59)DennisTA Wrote: @fritsch:

Scaling method is already set to bilinear and I did not open codec info while playing the videos.

The drops are every time at the same position with both PCs.

+1

Confirmed on my NUC5PPYH (N3700).

Debug log needed - let's see what ffmpeg tells us.
Sent by e-mail.
Regards,
Dennis
(2015-09-06, 09:52)fritsch Wrote: @fab67: Thanks for your feedback.

Can you describe a bit concerning what works and what not? Hardware used, samples tested. Also if 4k stutters change the scaling algorithm to bilinear, as we are downscaling only.

I try this samples on my asrock beebox N3150

Sintel 1080p and 4k
LG 4K - View the Feeling 4k30fps HEVC
Exodus : Gods And Kings 4k30fps H264
Jurassic World 4k30fps H264

I don't see 4K@60fps 8bit HEVC sample on demo-uhd3d.com ( only 4k60fps 10bit HEVC) . Has Someone a link to share ?

All samples are fine for me but the "problem" is that even with some skip the "Intelligent Frame Creation" from my 4K TV (panasonic ax800) correct this and I don't see any stutter.
The only time I see some stutters is when I set scaling algorithm to anything other than bilinear ( with a lot of skips ).

I also try 3840*2160@30, 2560*1440@60 and 1920*1080@60 output to see the difference
To be honest I don't see any difference between 2160p and 1080p with 4k samples, the upscaling from the TV must be pretty good. Conclusion I stay at 1080p@60.

What would be great is the possibility to set separately the scaling algorithm for upscale and downscale e.g. upscale with lanczos3 and downscale with bilinear.
4K-TCL-H265.mp4 and LG_4K_View-the-Feeling.mp4 are 8 bit on this page
(2015-09-06, 12:30)DennisTA Wrote: Sent by e-mail.

It was resynced every 200 ms. Cause A/V sync went nuts. Your tested sample was: 4096x1744 - so a real 4096 sample. Same happens with 3840x2160? I think in your case "Sync Playback to Display" together with Adjust Refreshrate to match Video will help as we can skip frames and won't run into the player resync that heavily. If the decoder is too slow nothing will help.

I think other players also skip those frames away but don't tell.
(2015-09-06, 12:40)fritsch Wrote: 4K-TCL-H265.mp4 and LG_4K_View-the-Feeling.mp4 are 8 bit on this page

only 30fps not 60fps
Yes - 30 fps. I think this is HEVC content I would suggest on the braswells. 60hz will always be hard to accomplish.

Btw. I see a dropping issue with 4096x1174 - which looks like something in the driver is computing too low values - not sure yet. But we will find out.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18