• 53(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Hope I'm not backtracking too much, But here is a few things I noticed using: (OpenELEC) build Updated: 15/09/06 with update applied and the instructions on the first pages.

Under the following setup instructions:
System ->Video->Acceleration:
Adjust Refreshrate to match video: On

I don't have "Adjust Refreshrate to match video: On" as a available setting.
Is this a critical setting?

In addition under "While watching a SD(!) video, click the film role and choose:"
Under Deinterlacing-Method I don't have "VAAPI-MCDI or VAAPI-MADI" because I have haswell processor.
I chose auto select, I assume this is the best choice in this case?

>This Lanczos3 Optimized filter might be too heavy for BYTs,
Forgive my ignorance, What is a BYT?

So happy I found this thread and build!
Check Settings Level. Should be set to Expert!

--> http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings#Settings_levels

BYTs is Baytrails i assume
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
(2015-09-14, 01:20)john.cord Wrote: Check Settings Level. Should be set to Expert!

--> http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings#Settings_levels

BYTs is Bay trails i assume

Yes, Settings are at expert level. Not an option for me.

Baytrail, AH Ha!

Thanks!
Sync Playback to Display is under Settings -> Video -> Playback and not in Hardware.
(2015-09-14, 01:27)john.cord Wrote: Sync Playback to Display is under Settings -> Video -> Playback and not in Hardware.

Ok, I assume that is the same as "Adjust Refreshrate to match video: On"?
Nope. Read the Wiki. http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Videos#Playback
(2015-09-14, 01:40)john.cord Wrote: Nope. Read the Wiki. http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Videos#Playback

Ok, Sorry if I'm confused.
My question or concern is the fact that I don't have "Adjust Refreshrate to match video: On" as a available setting. in my build.
And if this is a critical setting.
As i told you before: You looked in the Wrong Menu. It is under Playback and Not Acceleration.
Ok, Thanks!
(2015-09-13, 23:07)ggp759 Wrote: fritsch sorry if tis been asked before but 1080/24p videos have out of sync audio with the latest (13/9) openelec builds you posted. Does that have to do with that am on a chromebox not powerful enough for 4k? I dont think so. Any help please? Thanks

The Chromebox is absolutely powerful enough for 4k output, as long as it's h.264 encoded.
(2015-09-14, 01:55)oshan Wrote:
(2015-09-14, 01:40)john.cord Wrote: Nope. Read the Wiki. http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Videos#Playback

Ok, Sorry if I'm confused.
My question or concern is the fact that I don't have "Adjust Refreshrate to match video: On" as a available setting. in my build.
And if this is a critical setting.

On makes no sense ... On Start / Stop ist a much better setting. Post your Debug Log, please. Also all with A/V sync issues - we need to see Debug Log - everything else is pure speculation.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-14, 01:00)oshan Wrote: Hope I'm not backtracking too much, But here is a few things I noticed using: (OpenELEC) build Updated: 15/09/06 with update applied and the instructions on the first pages.

Under the following setup instructions:

Is this a critical setting?

In addition under "While watching a SD(!) video, click the film role and choose:"
Under Deinterlacing-Method I don't have "VAAPI-MCDI or VAAPI-MADI" because I have haswell processor.

>This Lanczos3 Optimized filter might be too heavy for BYTs,
Forgive my ignorance, What is a BYT?

So happy I found this thread and build!

You are in Video -> Acceleration. That setting is under Video -> Playback. Use "On Start / Stop" - On makes not much sense ...

Also Auto Deinterlacing will default to a OpenGL Shader approach. For your Sandybridge Try VAAPI-MCDI here - basically do exactly what I have written on the first page ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-14, 01:00)oshan Wrote: Hope I'm not backtracking too much, But here is a few things I noticed using: (OpenELEC) build Updated: 15/09/06 with update applied and the instructions on the first pages.

FYI, just to make life easier, press the PrtScn button on the keyboard if you can when you want a screendump of an OpenELEC screen. The file(s) will be stored in the Screenshots folder, which you can subsequently easily upload. No need for phones or cameras as a go-between. :-)
(2015-09-14, 01:00)oshan Wrote: Under the following setup instructions:

i installed Ubuntu Server on N3150 yesterday evening, used the ppa, and I also don't have VAAPI-MCDI or VAAPI-MADI under deinterlacing type when watching an SD video.
I will be able to post logs this evening (at work now), I wanted to do so yesterday evening, but I had no time to investigate further, so I thought at first that I was doing something wrong. But it looks others have this issue too.
In my case motion compensated is not selectable for all sd content

i tried several sd content in my library before find one to set motion compensated

later i will post mediainfo of two files
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18