• 56(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2015-09-14, 14:19)fritsch Wrote: After I got the 50th email with:
- My skin does not work with jarvis builds
- I don't like to use experimental software
- My whatever piracy addon stopped working
- My whatever 3rd party personal audio streamer

I decided to update the Technological Preview based on Isengard.

Changelog:
- Rebased on OpenELEC master
- Added ffmpeg 2.8 + hevc fix
- Added vaapi hevc
- Mesa 11.0.0

In the future you are welcome to compile my isengard branch your self. From dev pov - Isengard is totally not interesting at all anymore ... especially as fernet's master has a lot of goodies that will help us all in the future.

And something else: I don't know how you do that in real life. I am not "the bro" ... at least it made me laugh.

Isengard builds:
http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/...f7773d.tar (update)
http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/...73d.img.gz (Image)

This Isengarg Build works fine on the Beebox N3150. Even the 4k@60Hz Big Buck Bunny file runs smooth. (Better than the Jarvis-Release)...
Regards,
Dennis
(2015-09-14, 08:05)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-09-14, 01:00)oshan Wrote: Hope I'm not backtracking too much, But here is a few things I noticed using: (OpenELEC) build Updated: 15/09/06 with update applied and the instructions on the first pages.

Under the following setup instructions:
System ->Video->Acceleration:
Adjust Refreshrate to match video: On

I don't have "Adjust Refreshrate to match video: On" as a available setting.
Is this a critical setting?

In addition under "While watching a SD(!) video, click the film role and choose:"
Under Deinterlacing-Method I don't have "VAAPI-MCDI or VAAPI-MADI" because I have haswell processor.
I chose auto select, I assume this is the best choice in this case?

>This Lanczos3 Optimized filter might be too heavy for BYTs,
Forgive my ignorance, What is a BYT?

So happy I found this thread and build!

You are in Video -> Acceleration. That setting is under Video -> Playback. Use "On Start / Stop" - On makes not much sense ...

Also Auto Deinterlacing will default to a OpenGL Shader approach. For your Sandybridge Try VAAPI-MCDI here - basically do exactly what I have written on the first page ...

Actually I have a haswell processor, I assume that is why VAAPI-MCDI is not an option for deinterlacing method?
I'm not having issues, everything looks great. I was just trying to understand what these options do. I was unable to post a log before I left to work, I received an error.
I will try again tonight.
Nothing to do with hsw... It supports mcdi just fine. It was the SOC we implemented it...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-14, 18:44)fritsch Wrote: Nothing to do with hsw... It supports mcdi just fine. It was the SOC we implemented it...

Since I'm not having problems should I just forget about it ^_^
"Video decode hardware acceleration supporting H.265/HEVC @ Level 5, H.264 @ Level 5.2,
MPEG2, MVC, VC-1, WMV9, JPEG and VP8 formats"

I think playing hevc 4k 60fps without any skips is not possible on Braswell and Skylake. Level 5.0 = 4k 30fps 100Mbit/sec.

(2015-09-14, 18:11)DennisTA Wrote: This Isengarg Build works fine on the Beebox N3150. Even the 4k@60Hz Big Buck Bunny file runs smooth. (Better than the Jarvis-Release)...

Yeah - that might be possible. Jarvis is work in progress and fernetmenta is removing old ancient hacks. Also a new way of sync video and audio was implemented. Many rough edges. Therefore it is good when those builds get thouroughly tested.

Thanks for reporting back.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-14, 19:08)rbej Wrote: "Video decode hardware acceleration supporting H.265/HEVC @ Level 5, H.264 @ Level 5.2,
MPEG2, MVC, VC-1, WMV9, JPEG and VP8 formats"

I think playing hevc 4k 60fps without any skips is not possible on Braswell and Skylake. Level 5.0 = 4k 30fps 100Mbit/sec.

Erm - but it works. This is only about decoding again ... and decoding obviously works - no drops (which are in the decoder), only skips in render, which we most likely will optimize away.
(2015-09-14, 18:59)oshan Wrote:
(2015-09-14, 18:44)fritsch Wrote: Nothing to do with hsw... It supports mcdi just fine. It was the SOC we implemented it...

If you play this sample: http://solidrun.maltegrosse.de/~fritsch/...samples.ts and you cannot choose MCDI, when pressing the film role during playback - then report back with a Debug Log. Make sure to check Confluence and MCDI might be called differently depending on Translation: Motion Compensation.
fritsch, do you have an Ubuntu version based on Isengard or OE only? I'm setting up an htpc with n3150 and the user needs some other features that wont work under OE.
@gurabli: No - no Isengard edition. "Why" is documented in the first post. I can help you to compile the tree I use for these technical preview builds ... via irc, though - it's very easy.
Thanks fritsch, I will contact you over IRC later or tomorrow, now very busy with work and family. I will use Jarvis to help testing, but the friend of mine would need a more stable version since he doesn't understand anything about this allSmile
Wink 
The isengard based builds have resolved the 1080/24p a/v sync issues for me. Thanks for the hard work!
meant to post about the audio offset the other day but forgot. it's actually 175ms delay and removing it using the audio offset function via the gui gives me perfect sync. this is on the 9/11 r21278 build. going to go update my as.xml now while it's fresh in my head.
(2015-09-14, 19:11)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-09-14, 18:59)oshan Wrote:

If you play this sample: http://solidrun.maltegrosse.de/~fritsch/...samples.ts and you cannot choose MCDI, when pressing the film role during playback - then report back with a Debug Log. Make sure to check Confluence and MCDI might be called differently depending on Translation: Motion Compensation.

Yes Sir, It was there "VAAPI - Motion Compensated" Looks like I was playing the wrong type of files, they were SD but I guess not VAAPI accelerated.
Sorry for the confusion, and thank you so much for helping me get this thing perfect!
(2015-09-14, 23:57)ggp759 Wrote: The isengard based builds have resolved the 1080/24p a/v sync issues for me. Thanks for the hard work!

Thanks for this feedback, though Isengard is no solution - but old code. We need to fix that in our development version. So it would be cool if you could test from time to time. Btw. does it help, if you put the following advancedsettings.xml to /storage/.kodi/userdata directory:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <latency>
    <delay>0</delay>
    <refresh>
      <min>23</min>
      <max>24</max>
      <delay>0</delay> <!-- set to zero or adjust if audio seems out of sync with 24p movies -->
     </refresh>
  </latency>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

^^ For OpenELEC only if you have constant out of sync issues with our Jarvis build that has moved audio syncing to AE itself and therefore is technically superior.
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18