• 58(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2015-09-15, 20:31)fritsch Wrote: It's in the second post.

So all freezing is gone - if not - I still have something I can give you - a kernel a revisited for BSW intel dev.

Indeed - it's really there. So sorry for my bad memory. I've read it few days ago and forgotten. And now only few hours ago i've nailed this bug to be in intel driver.

Now it seems that all freezing is gone, but I'll be sure after few more tests (now my girlfriend is watching simple SD movie so nothing is even using VAAPI :-) ). But it would be nice to have kernel for BSW. Could you send me a link? I'll do tests in next hours/days and will report all problems :-)
(2015-09-15, 20:41)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:2. I thought that fritsch provides ready to run images (like live CD iso images) but 've checked it and they are installation images needed to be deployed every time on SDD.

just enter "live" (without "") when it comes up. It will then run a non persistent Live Mode-

Concerning your other issue: Everything fine now, right?

So far so good. But if you have special kernel for BSW just give me a link, I'll test it and provide feedback.
SD if it is mpeg4 or h264 or mpeg-2 or vc1 is also using VAAPI.

If you get other freezes, check:
Code:
wget "http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/linux-image-4.2.0-rc8vsyr1+_4.2.0-rc8vsyr1+-10.00.Custom_amd64.deb"
wget "http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/linux-headers-4.2.0-rc8vsyr1+_4.2.0-rc8vsyr1+-10.00.Custom_amd64.deb"
sudo dpkg -i *rc8vsyr1*deb
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Kernel downloaded, installed and Bebox rebooted. I'll report any issues fund :-)
First but IMHO critical issue - this kernel doesn't support ethernet card in Beebox (Realtek RTL8168) :-(
nope - I think your /sys/class/net/INTERFACE_NAME just changed.

Check that and correct it in /etc/network/interfaces
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Btw. Any 4K people with issues and the current version with the new AdjustRefreshrate Algorithm?
(2015-09-15, 21:29)fritsch Wrote: nope - I think your /sys/class/net/INTERFACE_NAME just changed.

Check that and correct it in /etc/network/interfaces

You're right - change from p1p1 to eth0 :-)
Just did a dist-upgrade for my Ubuntu-based setup (Jarvis). Looking good. My single-channel N3050 NUC is almost able to play 2160p@50 video without drops. If I set my screen resolution to 720p I don't have any drops after the initial ones, but if I use 1080p there are about 80 drops during the 3+ minute clip (out of which 30 comes during the first seconds). Very watchable and very close to being perfect. Can someone try with a N3700 system?

Here's a 4k@50 fps clip I used to test:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3v7w613ls2r6p...o.mkv?dl=0
Please post a Debug Log as always ... and what I now have said at least 10 times.

Edit: Also make sure you change the scaling algorithm to bilinear. Besides that you should see skips and not drops. If it were skips: 80 skips of 180*50 = 9000 frames should be barely noticable. If it were drops - that would be more problematic. On the way downloading the clip ... it's quite slow, but let's see.

No skips at all on N3150 (after the initial ones). Btw. this sample has > 90 Mbit/s Bitrate ... that's just fantastic.
(2015-09-16, 07:44)fritsch Wrote: Please post a Debug Log as always ... and what I now have said at least 10 times.

Edit: Also make sure you change the scaling algorithm to bilinear. Besides that you should see skips and not drops. If it were skips: 80 skips of 180*50 = 9000 frames should be barely noticable. If it were drops - that would be more problematic. On the way downloading the clip ... it's quite slow, but let's see.

I did not post a debug log as I did not think there was anything wrong. Smile I thought 80 drops (they could have been skips as well, it was almost midnight when I tried - will confirm tonight) on a 4K@50 stream was a brilliant result. Smooth 50 fps would mean that the simple N3050 (N3150 has ever so slightly higher GPU burst frequency) would be able to decode the 4k (test) broadcasts that take place in Europe over DVB-T2 and DVB-S2. As I said, it's perfectly watchable even as it is - it is just barely noticeable.
Oki - please verify this. As drops would really suck and something is wrong.

Btw. the 4k@50 "test broadcasts" are 8 bit only? Nothing 10 bit here, yet?
(2015-09-16, 08:47)fritsch Wrote: Oki - please verify this. As drops would really suck and something is wrong.

Btw. the 4k@50 "test broadcasts" are 8 bit only? Nothing 10 bit here, yet?

Not sure about the 4k test broadcasts that Astra are currently doing - will need to take a look at this. The Astra demo videos on the demo-uhd3d.com site such as http://demo-uhd3d.com/fiche.php?cat=uhd&id=46 are 10-bit though, so they're a no-go with the Braswell of course...

EDIT: more info on Astra 4k: http://www.ses.com/ultra-hd
EDIT2: more satellite 4k channels over different satellites: http://en.kingofsat.net/ultrahd.php
(2015-09-16, 08:22)fritsch Wrote: Image

No skips at all on N3150 (after the initial ones). Btw. this sample has > 90 Mbit/s Bitrate ... that's just fantastic.

That's just amazing! Thinking of getting a Braswell box and call it a day. Also how do you enable the last row on your onscreen display? The one that says refresh,errors etc. I only have up to the CPU usage. Thanks
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18