Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2015-09-19, 08:14)fritsch Wrote: Nobody knows ... post your damn Debug Log.

Here you go... http://xbmclogs.com/pthzwxo9d

Incidentally, while disabling refresh rate syncing with the video, I played with several combination of settings:

I tried...
1. Kodi Limited, GPU Full, TV Limited > required black level of 50, WTW/BTB preserved
2. Kodi Full, GPU Full, TV Full > required black level of 50, WTW/BTB clipped
3. Kodi Limited, GPU Full, TV Full > required black level of 35, WTW/BTB preserved
4. Kodi Limited, GPU Limited, TV Limited > required black level of 35, WTW/BTB preserved
5. Kodi Limited, GPU Limited, TV Full > required black level of 25, WTW and BTB preserved

Observations...

A. Every combination has some subtle but noticeable lines through the grey ramp. Their frequency spacing seemed to change with each scenario but they never completely disappear None of them are as smooth as my Mac.
B. I have been leaving my contrast on Max as it hasn't impacted WTW until tonight when it was too high for the full range of WTW on scenario #1. I had to reduce contrast to 95 from 100 (Max) in order to see the full range of white tones above 235... is that a good sign?
C. I assume scenarios 3-4 that required a lower black level means there was an unwanted conversion in levels occurring? Why the lower black level?
D. What's going on in scenario 5 that requires an even lower black level?

Can anyone else comment on what's happening as black levels need to be reduced from 3 through 5?
Why are 1 and 2 the same black level? Isn't Kodi converting levels in 2?

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - by VirtualRain - 2015-09-19, 10:08
Live TV broken again? - by schamane - 2016-02-29, 19:56
Random crashes - by hal2100 - 2016-03-08, 22:03
Strange Behaviour - by MicTie - 2016-12-07, 10:46
Working lirc with mce remote - by fr1day - 2019-08-10, 17:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18