• 66(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2015-09-19, 08:16)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-09-19, 01:30)furii Wrote:
(2015-09-18, 14:35)fritsch Wrote: What makes me wonder here is, that all other don't see the difference :-)

Cause 175 ms should be noticable by everyone. If all would have reported this I would be happy - cause we somehow found "the missing ~ 150 ms" we searched for a long time ...

in case it wasn't clear from my previous post, i found negating the built in 175ms delay present in OE through the gui fixed things for me as well. i made it permanent with an updated as.xml as well. +1 for removing it from OE by default.

Cool. I can do a build that has this advancedsettings.xml removed - but please test first if you really need "zero" delay now for passthrough _and_ non passthrough. Test the very same video, please and make sure the delay (which is saved if you change it via gui) is not set. So test with a movie you did not play before. Curious on your results.

Will test when i get home. When you are talking about the "delay"you mean audio offset? Thanks
Yeah - the setting is called "delay" in advancedsettings.xml, which means audio is delayed in relation to video.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
For all that have issues with "Adjust Refreshrate to match video" - I need:

/usr/lib/kodi/kodi-xrandr | pastebinit

and a Debug Log when this switching goes wrong.

Without this I cannot solve it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-19, 08:14)fritsch Wrote: Nobody knows ... post your damn Debug Log.

Here you go... http://xbmclogs.com/pthzwxo9d

Incidentally, while disabling refresh rate syncing with the video, I played with several combination of settings:

I tried...
1. Kodi Limited, GPU Full, TV Limited > required black level of 50, WTW/BTB preserved
2. Kodi Full, GPU Full, TV Full > required black level of 50, WTW/BTB clipped
3. Kodi Limited, GPU Full, TV Full > required black level of 35, WTW/BTB preserved
4. Kodi Limited, GPU Limited, TV Limited > required black level of 35, WTW/BTB preserved
5. Kodi Limited, GPU Limited, TV Full > required black level of 25, WTW and BTB preserved

Observations...

A. Every combination has some subtle but noticeable lines through the grey ramp. Their frequency spacing seemed to change with each scenario but they never completely disappear None of them are as smooth as my Mac.
B. I have been leaving my contrast on Max as it hasn't impacted WTW until tonight when it was too high for the full range of WTW on scenario #1. I had to reduce contrast to 95 from 100 (Max) in order to see the full range of white tones above 235... is that a good sign?
C. I assume scenarios 3-4 that required a lower black level means there was an unwanted conversion in levels occurring? Why the lower black level?
D. What's going on in scenario 5 that requires an even lower black level?

Can anyone else comment on what's happening as black levels need to be reduced from 3 through 5?
Why are 1 and 2 the same black level? Isn't Kodi converting levels in 2?
(2015-09-19, 09:28)fritsch Wrote: Yeah - the setting is called "delay" in advancedsettings.xml, which means audio is delayed in relation to video.

I did some more testing with the latest openelec jarvis build and your advancedsettings.xml. Playing 1080/24p content. Everything is fine in passthrough and not passtrhough modes. Quick question: Does it make sense to have "sync playback to display" enabled when using passthrough? Thanks
qggp759: Please read the the backlog, especially: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2107461 I took a lot of time to explain it ... Short answer: no.
(2015-09-19, 10:08)VirtualRain Wrote:

Incidentally, while disabling refresh rate syncing with the video, I played with several combination of settings:

I tried...
1. Kodi Limited, GPU Full, TV Limited > required black level of 50, WTW/BTB preserved
2. Kodi Full, GPU Full, TV Full > required black level of 50, WTW/BTB clipped
3. Kodi Limited, GPU Full, TV Full > required black level of 35, WTW/BTB preserved
4. Kodi Limited, GPU Limited, TV Limited > required black level of 35, WTW/BTB preserved
5. Kodi Limited, GPU Limited, TV Full > required black level of 25, WTW and BTB preserved

Observations...

A. Every combination has some subtle but noticeable lines through the grey ramp. Their frequency spacing seemed to change with each scenario but they never completely disappear None of them are as smooth as my Mac.
B. I have been leaving my contrast on Max as it hasn't impacted WTW until tonight when it was too high for the full range of WTW on scenario #1. I had to reduce contrast to 95 from 100 (Max) in order to see the full range of white tones above 235... is that a good sign?
C. I assume scenarios 3-4 that required a lower black level means there was an unwanted conversion in levels occurring? Why the lower black level?
D. What's going on in scenario 5 that requires an even lower black level?

Can anyone else comment on what's happening as black levels need to be reduced from 3 through 5?
Why are 1 and 2 the same black level? Isn't Kodi converting levels in 2?

Concerning your Adjust Refreshrate to match video bug - there is nothing in the log - it switches happily to 1080p24 in your log.

Quote:4. Kodi Limited, GPU Limited, TV Limited > required black level of 35, WTW/BTB preserved

That absolutely makes no sense ... as the GPU will scale twice ...

Quote:1. Kodi Limited, GPU Full, TV Limited > required black level of 50, WTW/BTB preserved
Good setting

Quote:2. Kodi Full, GPU Full, TV Full > required black level of 50, WTW/BTB clipped
Everything is scaled to full range 0 .. 255 with dithering on top.

Quote:3. Kodi Limited, GPU Full, TV Full > required black level of 35, WTW/BTB preserved

This does not make any sense at all either. As we will output colors only within 16 to 235, while your TV expects: 0 .. 255, so you will have neither black (will be gray) nor white (will be light gray) ... You also cannot adjust it correctly with the brightness (it's additive only), a contrast spread would help, but that setting is also fully wrong ...
in oder to avoid this question in the future I will auto-disable it when passthrough is active. drop/dupe will be dropped too because it is nonsense anyway.
Thanks much :-)

"Power is nothing without control", FernetMenta

First good LOL of the day. Tnx.
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
(2015-09-19, 10:46)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-09-19, 10:08)VirtualRain Wrote:

Concerning your Adjust Refreshrate to match video bug - there is nothing in the log - it switches happily to 1080p24 in your log.

Hmm... any ideas? It may say it's happily switching in the log, but my AVR or TV doesn't agree... it thinks there's no signal. I don't get sound either.

ps. going to bed. I'll look at this again in the morning.
Post /usr/lib/kodi/kodi-xrandr | pastebinit _before_ the switch and _after_ the switch
ehm fritsch don't kill me, but you know that colour range setting it's a mania for me Big Grin, but why he doesn't use dither option ?

(was so simple with popcorn hour just a switch from 0-255 / 16-235 and nothing else to set Big Grin )
(2015-09-19, 11:51)Roby77 Wrote: ehm fritsch don't kill me, but you know that colour range setting it's a mania for me Big Grin, but why he doesn't use dither option ?

(was so simple with popcorn hour just a switch from 0-255 / 16-235 and nothing else to set Big Grin )

If I was him - he did not have a problem.
I've just jumped to jarvis OE.
And i Can confirm 175ms delay is not needed anymore. Love videoplayer
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18