• 67(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Last builds (sort by date and _think_ while downloading): http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/?C=M;O=D
Changelog:
- Automatically switch to full range (no autostart.sh needed anymore)
- Fixed a little bug in res changing, incorporated iScreenHeight to not run into fake AVR resolutions
- Rebase on fernet's master. Here a whole lot was changed, please be aware of bugs
- I removed the default 175 ms delay - custom video delays already in your DB won't be changed of course.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-19, 14:47)fritsch Wrote: Last builds (sort by date and _think_ while downloading): http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/?C=M;O=D
Changelog:
- Automatically switch to full range (no autostart.sh needed anymore)
- Fixed a little bug in res changing, incorporated iScreenHeight to not run into fake AVR resolutions
- Rebase on fernet's master. Here a whole lot was changed, please be aware of bugs
- I removed the default 175 ms delay - custom video delays already in your DB won't be changed of course.

Thanks a lot for this fritsch!
Those builds are (fully) broken. As Refreshrate switching is WIP it does not yet work as it should (especially with PVR). Also the PVR API is broken currently and especially VNSI won't work.

My last good build should be this one:
http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/...575.img.gz
http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/...b8c575.tar

Yeah - that's the way master goes .-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-19, 11:22)fritsch Wrote: Post /usr/lib/kodi/kodi-xrandr | pastebinit _before_ the switch and _after_ the switch

Sorry but I don't have any more time to invest in this. I'm going back to the mainstream stable builds. From what I can see, there is still subtle banding in the grey ramp for me so I'm not seeing any visible benefit.
a/v get out of sync when pause and resume playback, skip or rewind solves the problem. just me?
debug
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
(2015-09-19, 17:17)fritsch Wrote: Those builds are (fully) broken. As Refreshrate switching is WIP it does not yet work as it should

yes found out that

skin system set to 1080p 50
adjust on start/stop with pause of 1 second
no sync to playback

Launch video 720p 60hz after 8 sec ca screen goes black for 1/2 second and tv reconnect again properly with 720p 60hz and no more lose connection

no problem with 720p 50hz

debug log:http://xbmclogs.com/pnv3on1dx

Edit:

I see that tv shows 720p 60hz
debug log on screen 24.8/25

Edit:tried with other two films 720p 60hz no problem

Happens only with one film
(2015-09-19, 21:51)VirtualRain Wrote:
(2015-09-19, 11:22)fritsch Wrote: Post /usr/lib/kodi/kodi-xrandr | pastebinit _before_ the switch and _after_ the switch

Sorry but I don't have any more time to invest in this. I'm going back to the mainstream stable builds. From what I can see, there is still subtle banding in the grey ramp for me so I'm not seeing any visible benefit.
Goodbye :-)
(2015-09-19, 23:15)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-09-19, 21:51)VirtualRain Wrote:

Just to let you know, I tried the latest OE6b5 (5.95.5 w/Kodi 15.1) from here... http://openelec.tv/get-openelec and the problem with no signal when using sync display to video was there. So I don't think it's unique to your builds. I'm now back to stable OE5/Kodi14.2 and that works properly on my Haswell Mac Mini.

I wish I had more time to spend on this, but I'm overwhelmed with other priorites.

EDIT: I think it's worth noting that unless you need the "Prefer VAAPI render method enabled" (presumably for HA of de-interlacing?) you can get the same quality video in the mainstream builds. On the latest stable OE build... set Kodi limited, force xrandr full with autostart.sh, TV limited. Perfect levels, contrast, and about as smooth a grey ramp as you can get. It was NOT clear at all from the introduction in post #1 that this is the case. It might save both you and some folks like me wasted time, by being more clear about who might benefit based on the content they watch. This is seemingly of no benefit to 24fps progressive content.
Here is more about a/v sync prob:
some titles are just perfectly sync from the begining, while most of them are not.
- The Age of adaline:
Playback start > a/v: -0.2xx..3xx
pause/resume > a/v up to -0.0xx
pause/resume > up to 0.3xx
pause/resume > up to 0.5xx...
rewind > back to the first state -0.2xx
- Avangers
Playback start > a/v: almost 0.000
pause/resume > a/v up to 0.2xx......
rewind > back to 0.02

Titles with dts-hd or dolby true-hd track always start with perfect sync 0.00x
Titles with dts or dolby always start at -0.2xx

a/v reffer to Audio/video sync difference in codecinfo label.

Debug

Hope i'm not b....itting hereBig Grin

Edit: No a/v sync issues with pcm,flac,aac.. audio formats. so this is about bitstream.
Edit 2: squash audio sync FernetMenta authored 2 hours ago

thanks Fernet
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
Ok further debug log posted i also share media info files
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1fnoat0gk4pnk8....html?dl=0

maybe the problem is:

Frame rate : 24,836 fps
original Frame rate : 23,976 fps

but i don't rembember if in the past (no problem with helix) encountered some problem with that file
Don't forget. You are all pioneers testing the code that will be live in v16+ ... :-)

good night.
(2015-09-19, 23:48)VirtualRain Wrote:
(2015-09-19, 23:15)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-09-19, 21:51)VirtualRain Wrote: Sorry but I don't have any more time to invest in this. I'm going back to the mainstream stable builds. From what I can see, there is still subtle banding in the grey ramp for me so I'm not seeing any visible benefit.

Just to let you know, I tried the latest OE6b5 (5.95.5 w/Kodi 15.1) from here... http://openelec.tv/get-openelec and the problem with no signal when using sync display to video was there. So I don't think it's unique to your builds. I'm now back to stable OE5/Kodi14.2 and that works properly on my Haswell Mac Mini.

I wish I had more time to spend on this, but I'm overwhelmed with other priorites.

EDIT: I think it's worth noting that unless you need the "Prefer VAAPI render method enabled" (presumably for HA of de-interlacing?) you can get the same quality video in the mainstream builds. On the latest stable OE build... set Kodi limited, force xrandr full with autostart.sh, TV limited. Perfect levels, contrast, and about as smooth a grey ramp as you can get. It was NOT clear at all from the introduction in post #1 that this is the case. It might save both you and some folks like me wasted time, by being more clear about who might benefit based on the content they watch. This is seemingly of no benefit to 24fps progressive content.

You cannot and this the thing you totally don't understand. But yeah - choose what you are happy with, user has choice and this is the OSS spirit we have here.
(2015-09-20, 00:42)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-09-19, 23:48)VirtualRain Wrote:
(2015-09-19, 23:15)fritsch Wrote: Goodbye :-)

You cannot and this the thing you totally don't understand. But yeah - choose what you are happy with, user has choice and this is the OSS spirit we have here.

It's very possible I don't understand. I've been learning a lot about limited vs full levels lately so there might be something I'm missing still. Can you explain? I'd like to know.
(2015-09-20, 00:41)fritsch Wrote: Don't forget. You are all pioneers testing the code that will be live in v16+ ... :-)

good night.

Lol Big Grin

good night
(2015-09-20, 00:51)VirtualRain Wrote:
(2015-09-20, 00:42)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-09-19, 23:48)VirtualRain Wrote: Just to let you know, I tried the latest OE6b5 (5.95.5 w/Kodi 15.1) from here... http://openelec.tv/get-openelec and the problem with no signal when using sync display to video was there. So I don't think it's unique to your builds. I'm now back to stable OE5/Kodi14.2 and that works properly on my Haswell Mac Mini.

It's very possible I don't understand. I've been learning a lot about limited vs full levels lately so there might be something I'm missing still. Can you explain? I'd like to know.

I replied to your last post in detail concerning the settings you chose ... more detail is not possible.
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18