• 69(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2015-09-20, 11:21)fritsch Wrote: @Hufvudet: Thanks for that report. Yes, you are perfectly right, Dithering especially helps in that case, too.

Feels like a sickness has been removed from the code now that audio delay no longer is needed Smile
(2015-09-20, 13:28)Hufvudet Wrote:
(2015-09-20, 11:21)fritsch Wrote: @Hufvudet: Thanks for that report. Yes, you are perfectly right, Dithering especially helps in that case, too.

Feels like a sickness has been removed from the code now that audio delay no longer is needed Smile

yes, but nobody knows what it was Smile
(2015-09-20, 13:53)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2015-09-20, 13:28)Hufvudet Wrote:

yes, but nobody knows what it was Smile

Hahaha
(2015-09-20, 11:20)fritsch Wrote: @ggp759: Refreshrate switching is broken there currently, at least if you use PVR with preview and then switch to fullscreen, but that is current WIP currently. Fernet is removing all the old non maintainable code to get refreshrate switching done in a straight forward way.

@VirtualRain: If you only want to test the grayscale ramp, choose the Isengard based build: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/isengard/ Changelog: Pick fixes from master, Use Full range by default without autostart.sh

Tried this build, no problems, runs smooth. Thanks! I'm not expecting anymore updated Isengard builds but thankful for whatever I can get.

My report on default audio delay no longer needed was based on Isengard EGL 20150914. Obviously same status in the new one. Just thought I'd mention in since it's still 175 ms delay by deafult.
Wait: You say the delay is also gone in the Isengard based builds?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Yes! Is that not possible? Sorry if I wasn't clear on this before.
To be clear: Sync is perfect in Isengard EGL with advanced.xml override - setting audio delay to 0 for 23-24 fps. And this is confirmed in info screen when playing content.

I don't know if this has been the case since the start for EGL builds. I carried over a 50 ms audio delay from previous OE official betas. I never scrutinized sync until now when people started talking about in this thread. When removing audio delay altogether = sync is perfect.
To be clear part II: This is for non passthrough, sound and picture via hdmi straight to TV.
Ah - straight to TV! Yeah - that delay was introduced for AVRs + TVs ...

never the less - the latest version (currently uploading) has it removed ... Full Range works now out of the box for you?

Without autostart.sh, right? (xrandr --verbose | pastebinit) should tell Full on the connected devices.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hahaha, ok! But fact is I needed audio delay before EGL and not now, so faster video tech somehow!

Full range works out of the box! I've removed autostart.sh and confirmed with xrandr --verbose. ALL GOOD!
Cool - I have a last thing that I will push to this branch as I have a HD Ready TV in my man cave ... and this fools me with Interlaced modes that are not known as such ... But then yeah, most likely one final rebase when OE 6.0 is out ...
(2015-09-20, 14:39)fritsch Wrote: Cool - I have a last thing that I will push to this branch as I have a HD Ready TV in my man cave ... and this fools me with Interlaced modes that are not known as such ... But then yeah, most likely one final rebase when OE 6.0 is out ...

Much appreciated!
Safe to pick the latest one now?

http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/isengard/
Yeah - not much happening here. Complete now.
Ok! Why so many versions? 16:17 the one I should take?

Thanks
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18