• 71(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
My plasma have Auto full or normal settings (panny vt60)

I will try without avr

thank you
(2015-09-21, 08:50)Roby77 Wrote: I noticed with white levele clipping test that

Chrome full rgb/ kodi dither 8/ avr passthrough/tv full range 230-234 flash

with

Chrome full rgb/ kodi 16-235/ avr passthrough/tv limited range 230-253 flash

plasma tv

anyone experienced it ?

edit:leave it...also black test is out of control Big Grin

Same here with an led lcd. but this is the standard since almost tv's if not all does propre 4:4:4 full rgb only when the input lable set to pc with @60 input signal. which is no go for videophils.
anyway option2 squeeze the best of image quality (lossless).
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
(2015-09-21, 10:15)sat4all Wrote:
(2015-09-21, 08:50)Roby77 Wrote: I noticed with white levele clipping test that

Chrome full rgb/ kodi dither 8/ avr passthrough/tv full range 230-234 flash

with

Chrome full rgb/ kodi 16-235/ avr passthrough/tv limited range 230-253 flash

plasma tv

anyone experienced it ?

edit:leave it...also black test is out of control Big Grin

anyway option2 squeeze the best of image quality (lossless).

yes i agree unlucky not in my case
I trying to compile kodi from git but get the following error:

checking for EGL... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.
You need mesa 11.0 or wsnipex 10.6.6 patched version. For building though:
libegl1-mesa-dev

is enough. Same is needed for your libva ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-21, 15:31)fritsch Wrote: You need mesa 11.0 or wsnipex 10.6.6 patched version. For building though:
libegl1-mesa-dev

is enough. Same is needed for your libva ...

thanks
Hey fritsch. Just started using your latest Isengard build. Its really great. I dont know if its just code optimization or something else but it feels very very snappy compared to other Isengard builds and of course Jarvis builds. This is perfect! Thank you so very much!
Its fritsch special magic sauerkraut code Smile
I have installed the latest Jarvis OE build on MY SandyBridge NUC . My TV can be on limited or full range, Kodi can be set accordingly, but how do I check the Gpu setting?

Or is that not needed anymore since the autostart.sh isn't needed anymore?

I want to be sure I have good settings in case I need to post a debug log.
My XBMC / Kodi history.
XBMC for XBOX -> XBMC for Windows -> XBMC for Android -> Kodi for Android - > Kodi v16 OE (Amlogic) -> Kodi v17 LE (NUC 2x) -> Kodi v18.5 LE (NUC 2x)
Full range on the gpu works out of the box since 150920. Set kodi and TV to limited, for example, and if everything looks normal, the default hack works.
Thanks for the quick reply, although all seems fine indeed. I was wondering how the default setting handles 2 hdmi ports in the NUC.
My XBMC / Kodi history.
XBMC for XBOX -> XBMC for Windows -> XBMC for Android -> Kodi for Android - > Kodi v16 OE (Amlogic) -> Kodi v17 LE (NUC 2x) -> Kodi v18.5 LE (NUC 2x)
download avshd 709 test (mp4 format) and run basic settings test(you find explanation in this thread)

don't follow what i wrote in my last post cause my auto range settings was corrupted

Now with limited i have black level correct and white clipping test 230-241
I guess, if everything looks normal on the Hdmi port your using, the hack (hdmi1) applies to that port. One of the ports should give you black crush, wrong picture, with kodi and TV set to limited.

You can also confirm hack with xrandr --verbose
(2015-09-21, 20:11)Roby77 Wrote: download avshd 709 test (mp4 format) and run basic settings test(you find explanation in this thread)

don't follow what i wrote in my last post cause my auto range settings was corrupted

Now with limited i have black level correct and white clipping test 230-241

Yes, you can never use auto setting for rgb on the TV. We have to trick the TV Smile
New master builds online. Looking good so far. Some rought edges a little bit on movie start with sync adjustments - but that's fine tuning. Adjust Refreshrate is working fine again. Usual location: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/?C=M;O=D

Don't forget to sort by date :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18