• 77(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2015-09-23, 09:17)knives of ice Wrote: have been using one of these test files for a few weeks now. decided today to update to one of the newer openelec builds found in the first thread. i was having some graphical glitches on the newest file so i tried to rollback to the day before's file the 21st.

now, i have no idea why but this file i loaded i can't do anything. my chromebox boots up just fine but after this it is locked. plugging in a keyboard directly i get no response trying to arrow across menus. my bluetooth remote has no response. no response via flirc either. i can't login to the static ip of the box, it appears the box won't connect to the internet. it shows as offline on the yatse android remote app as well.

i am just a novice compared to others in this thread can anyone tell me what i should do to get my box up and running again? i usually use winscp to get into the box and load files but i can't connect via anyway i'm used to.

any help would be much appreciated

I encountered the same issue as noted a page or two back. You'll need to reload OE from USB (use 5.95.5, and repair/upgrade is fine).
(2015-09-22, 21:31)puithove Wrote: Feedback:

Now with mesa 11, and Kodi compiled from fernetmenta's master yesterday, just for fun, I retried my previously reported issue with interlaced content. So far, it looks like something has fixed this. On my Haswell i5 NUC, I'm able to run VAAPI decode, with MCDI for full HW decode and render. I previously had to rely on Yadif deinterlace. Of course this is a welcome reduction in CPU use.

Referring to this: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2052702

(2015-09-22, 21:34)fritsch Wrote: Recompile from current - does it still work?

Interesting - glad you had me check. Seems to be working nicely with upstream Kodi master as well. Maybe fixed in mesa? Either way, looks good to my eyes.
In Mesa? :-) Not really. But nice.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-23, 17:50)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-09-23, 09:17)knives of ice Wrote: have been using one of these test files for a few weeks now. decided today to update to one of the newer openelec builds found in the first thread. i was having some graphical glitches on the newest file so i tried to rollback to the day before's file the 21st.

now, i have no idea why but this file i loaded i can't do anything. my chromebox boots up just fine but after this it is locked. plugging in a keyboard directly i get no response trying to arrow across menus. my bluetooth remote has no response. no response via flirc either. i can't login to the static ip of the box, it appears the box won't connect to the internet. it shows as offline on the yatse android remote app as well.

i am just a novice compared to others in this thread can anyone tell me what i should do to get my box up and running again? i usually use winscp to get into the box and load files but i can't connect via anyway i'm used to.

any help would be much appreciated

I encountered the same issue as noted a page or two back. You'll need to reload OE from USB (use 5.95.5, and repair/upgrade is fine).

ok, great. do i need to go into the bios someway to tell the chromebox to boot from usb? i just went through the chromebox faq and didn't see anything though i definitely could have missed it.
It's me again and the "seeking eats memory until crash" thing. This time with the latest PPAs (dist-upgrade done on the evening on Sep 23).

After seeking back and forth within a H.264 encoded video with VAAPI enabled, kodi is killed.

[ 1508.922393] Out of memory: Kill process 9529 (Vaapi-Output) score 820 or sacrifice child
[ 1508.922398] Killed process 8858 (kodi.bin) total-vm:14554632kB, anon-rss:2821568kB, file-rss:0kB

This is a Braswell system with 4GB memory and built according to post #1.

dmesg: http://paste.ubuntu.com/12533184/
kodi.log: http://trsqr.net/olli/kodi.log.gz

EDIT: I think it took much longer this time to consume everything, but this is just a hunch.
(2015-09-23, 19:41)knives of ice Wrote: ok, great. do i need to go into the bios someway to tell the chromebox to boot from usb? i just went through the chromebox faq and didn't see anything though i definitely could have missed it.

Create usb via Win32DiskImager. Power on with usb inserted. Press ESC when prompted. Select usb from boot menu.
(2015-09-23, 19:45)trsqr Wrote: It's me again and the "seeking eats memory until crash" thing. This time with the latest PPAs (dist-upgrade done on the evening on Sep 23).

After seeking back and forth within a H.264 encoded video with VAAPI enabled, kodi is killed.

[ 1508.922393] Out of memory: Kill process 9529 (Vaapi-Output) score 820 or sacrifice child
[ 1508.922398] Killed process 8858 (kodi.bin) total-vm:14554632kB, anon-rss:2821568kB, file-rss:0kB

EDIT: I think it took much longer this time to consume everything, but this is just a hunch.

Do you use swap? valgrind did not reveal something, right?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-23, 20:07)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-09-23, 19:45)trsqr Wrote: It's me again and the "seeking eats memory until crash" thing. This time with the latest PPAs (dist-upgrade done on the evening on Sep 23).

Do you use swap? valgrind did not reveal something, right?

No, swap is not enabled. Did not try valgrind this time, previously it did not reveal anything, but I can try again. Do you have suggestion on the specific options to use for that?
Nope, sadly not. How long do you need to get that memory filled up?
Based on the kodi.log I'd say it takes a bit less than 15 minutes.

This is not a real problem to me, but memory leaks (if this is such) are never too nice. If I remember correctly, I lost 10-20 megabytes previously when seeking, but now it was not anywhere near that bad...
(2015-09-23, 06:29)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-09-22, 22:47)BigL-New Wrote: With today's ppa version bug with audio starting to play before changing display refresh rate is gone, thanks :-)

But there is still bug with floating audio when "Synchronise audio playback to display" is enabled.
No Debug Log no issue.

Here is log - http://xbmclogs.com/pqrq5a6ca
(2015-09-23, 16:09)fritsch Wrote: New build online. This time whenever Sync Playback to Display is activated - passthrough audio is disabled ... and PCM out is used.
When it will be available in ppa?
Same as every day james ... it's build during the night.
(2015-09-23, 20:25)trsqr Wrote: Based on the kodi.log I'd say it takes a bit less than 15 minutes.

This is not a real problem to me, but memory leaks (if this is such) are never too nice. If I remember correctly, I lost 10-20 megabytes previously when seeking, but now it was not anywhere near that bad...

I am not yet sure you "loose" it ... does swap partition make a difference? or does that one just fill on top?
Hey fritsch anything new in today's isengard build. I can see one dated today. thanks
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18