• 78(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Nope - rebased on OE's master (kernel 4.1.8) and the 175 ms delay is back ... as too many people still needed it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
hey fritsch, does today's build include fernetmenta audio sync fixes?
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
When you start the very latest build and check the kodi version you will find that the hash of the very latest matches fernet's master - so yes. Everything is in, in: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/...a5c3d2.tar (8 pm german time).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
hmm, that exactly the build i've installed,and the a/v sync still drifting.
and by the way 0 ms delay still default for jarvis, 175 ms not back as commit says: Revert "kodi: Remove 175 ms delay of advancedsettings"
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
https://github.com/fritsch/OpenELEC.tv/c...f1fc6fde3b <- it's gone - really.

Post your Debug Log - here I can see all the version tags and don't have to guess.
Indeed it's back log says. but codecs info label says otherwise.

Debug Log

Looks okay as far as I can tell.
Ok thanks much, i thought codecs info should say ad: -0.175.
Yeah it should! But remember: custom set delays are not overwritten. They are saved per file.
yeah, i've no custom set delays. that's confusing!
Testing the latest build with passthrough and the audio is definitely not in sync - seems to be too fast. I use to have delay set to 0 as I never needed it and my AVR has an auto audio/video sync but now I can't seem to get it correct. Will have to play more toorrow as I ned to find something working as Wife is waiting impatiently.

I wonder if the audio is so far off the avr couldn't fix it?

I have been running Jarvis for a while but when back to isengard from 23rd and audio seems dead on with my 0 in advanced settings set (not sure if default 175 is there).

Is a debug log what you would need to look into this more or something else? I can generate tomorrow.
I have been using Openelec for a long time, and I appreciate all the hard work that people put in. I can usually sort out any issues i have with the support of the forums and google :-).

However this build is perfect for me except for the 175ms delay that is automatically set. I have tried SSH commands to create my own and put it in however i can't seem to get it to remove the 175ms delay. Can someone please let me know, where the file is i need to edit? I created my own and placed it in /storage/.kodi/userdata with the following

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<latency>
<delay>0</delay>
</latency>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

Is this right?

Thanks for any feedback, and keep up the great work :-)
The delay is specifically set for 23-24hz content, so you specifically have to remove it for 23-24hz content. So, you'll need something more like this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <latency>
    <delay>0</delay>
    <refresh>
      <min>23</min>
      <max>24</max>
      <delay>0</delay>
    </refresh>
  </latency>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

It would be great if this could be made a Kodi user interface setting. I envision 3 settings that would cover the vast majority of needs:

Audio Delay [ ] Disable [ ] Auto [•] Custom
— General ___-50 ms
— 23.976hz__-175 ms

(Auto would just specify what OpenElec does by default, so as to not confuse users.)
(2015-09-24, 07:20)Sunflux Wrote: The delay is specifically set for 23-24hz content, so you specifically have to remove it for 23-24hz content. So, you'll need something more like this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <latency>
    <delay>0</delay>
    <refresh>
      <min>23</min>
      <max>24</max>
      <delay>0</delay>
    </refresh>
  </latency>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

It would be great if this could be made a Kodi user interface setting. I envision 3 settings that would cover the vast majority of needs:

Audio Delay [ ] Disable [ ] Auto [•] Custom
— General ___-50 ms
— 23.976hz__-175 ms

(Auto would just specify what OpenElec does by default, so as to not confuse users.)

Thanks I will give that a try :-) I also agree it would be great to have this in the KODI interface.
@sunflux: As you are quite capable in programming -> now is the time :-)
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18