• 82(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Yeah, exactly. Cause some of those addons query databases frequently, block the main loop and whatever .. you can see that in your log quite well.

I am not a lawyer and won't discuss any copyright things with you, but as long I see addons like those, listed here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons in the logs - I ask for logfiles that reproduce issues _without_ any spamming third party addons.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-24, 21:56)Hufvudet Wrote:
(2015-09-24, 20:42)gurabli Wrote: I'm finally running the new hardware (N3150), it is working very nice. I must say that the picture quality is way better then with the Nvidia ION.

Not sure about the RGB settings. I created the /home/kodi/.config/openbox/autostart file and inserted the:

Code:
OUTPUT=`xrandr -display :0 -q | sed '/ connected/!d;s/ .*//;q'`
xrandr -display :0 --output $OUTPUT --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full"
/usr/bin/kodi --standalone

In Kodi I find the black nicer when set to Limited Range, and Dihtering disabled. How can I be sure if I'm using the correct settings?
I don't have any options on my Panasonic Viera plasma screen regarding full/limited RGB. However, these screens are quite high-end, maybe they do support Full RGB?

One more questions: where do I need to but the advancesettings.xml file, and what should be the settings regarding the audio delay now? I'm suing hdmi for audio to tv (and maybe will use analogue out to stereo amp).

If you use a build dated 1509020 or later you don't need autostart.sh hack for full range from GPU, that works by default (read first post).

What panasonic plasma do you have? On my st60 you can choose HDMI RGB range under option settings. If you've set kodi to limited, 16-235, you should choose "normal" on the TV (limited). DON'T set it to auto. Those are correct settings.

Advanced settings xml goes in userdata folder. Try "0" and work your way up until sync is good. Seems to be different for everybody.

If I remove the content of the autostart.sh then I get only blank screen. Or I should remove only the RGB part, the rest is still needed?
I'm sing the latest ppa available, installed Intel drivers from the first post, and running Kernel 4.2.1.

I have a Panasonic TH-42PX80, and there are no options at all regarding RGB settings. It is not the main tv, and it is "only" 720p, but the picture quality is great! I really got lost with this full vs limited range...
If you don't start kodi you obviously won't run kodi ...

also don't confuse autostart.sh (!) which is not needed anymore on OpenELEC. But on your ppa installation the autostart file is obviously still needed.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-25, 15:19)fritsch Wrote: If you don't start kodi you obviously won't run kodi ...

also don't confuse autostart.sh (!) which is not needed anymore on OpenELEC. But on your ppa installation the autostart file is obviously still needed.

Yes, I thought that it would be something like that. So, the full content of the autostart.sh from post one is still needed for ppa install, but not for OE.

BTW, my findings: up to now, everything runs nice. The picture quality is excellent, livetv is great (HD and SD too), deinterlacing is really good.
Ah, sorry. I have openelec tunnel view and didn't even think about real linux Smile

Regarding your TV, then it's probably limited.
(2015-09-25, 15:54)Hufvudet Wrote: Ah, sorry. I have openelec tunnel view and didn't even think about real linux Smile

No problemSmile I tried out, saw it is not working, reverted the settings, and asked hereSmile

So I should use limited in Kodi with dithering turned off? It does give me brighter picture and black, and they do not seam to me washed out.
Yes - dithering also does not harm in that case. Post xrandr --verbose please - I really want to verify ... not that you scale twice ...
(2015-09-25, 15:56)gurabli Wrote:
(2015-09-25, 15:54)Hufvudet Wrote: Ah, sorry. I have openelec tunnel view and didn't even think about real linux Smile

No problemSmile I tried out, saw it is not working, reverted the settings, and asked hereSmile

So I should use limited in Kodi with dithering turned off? It does give me brighter picture and black, and they do not seam to me washed out.

Curious, what happens to the picture if you don't enable 16-235 in kodi?
New OE master builds online with current fernetmenta WIP. As you might have seen: Since some days Audio syncing is rough and changing daily.
(2015-09-25, 15:58)fritsch Wrote: Yes - dithering also does not harm in that case. Post xrandr --verbose please - I really want to verify ... not that you scale twice ...

I logged in to the box with ssh, and issues

xrandr --verbose

but I get:

Can't open display.

What I'm doing wrong?
(2015-09-25, 16:41)gurabli Wrote:
(2015-09-25, 15:58)fritsch Wrote: Yes - dithering also does not harm in that case. Post xrandr --verbose please - I really want to verify ... not that you scale twice ...

I logged in to the box with ssh, and issues

xrandr --verbose

but I get:

Can't open display.

What I'm doing wrong?

DISPLAY=:0 xrandr --verbose | pastebinit
Thanks! Here it is:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/12555293/
All fine. It's set to full as it should be. Now check with a sample or some calibration pattern, if you need to set the "Use Limited" option in kodi.
(2015-09-25, 17:20)fritsch Wrote: All fine. It's set to full as it should be. Now check with a sample or some calibration pattern, if you need to set the "Use Limited" option in kodi.

Excellent, many thanks!
I will do a calibration later this evening when family goes to sleepSmile
(2015-09-25, 15:08)fritsch Wrote: Yeah, exactly. Cause some of those addons query databases frequently, block the main loop and whatever .. you can see that in your log quite well.

I am not a lawyer and won't discuss any copyright things with you, but as long I see addons like those, listed here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons in the logs - I ask for logfiles that reproduce issues _without_ any spamming third party addons.

Ok, obeying your orders I have temporarily deleted all those "banned" addons (hope I I caught them all) and switched to confluence. I also have upgraded to the latest nightly build as of today. But both of the problems remain, meaning fullscreen LiveTV is out of sync (obviously connected to the change in the refreshrate) and the music and movie databases keep endlessly refreshing/respringing (Confluence also shows the "all-over-runtime" counter starting from the beginning after each respring).

So here is the log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cp6gvmwm4snkxdu/kodi.log?dl=0

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

FantasticN
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18