• 84(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Quote:23:18:45 T:140500061681408 WARNING: COutput::StateMachine - signal: 3 form port: timer not handled for state: 2

Yeah - WIP. Rough times currently :-) Thanks for flying with Deutsche Bahn.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
another debug log with latest version.
http://sprunge.us/RZEa
Is it possible this could ever work with a true Limited RGB output signal? I assume, at least as far as output from the driver goes, it's a matter of setting the correct flag (which I know is possible, because it's always done that in prior versions of Kodi). I know that true Component processing/output isn't going to be an option (although I think it is via Windows).

Currently, the options seem to be to either run Full and expand limited range via Kodi, or run Full and force the television into Limited mode (the best option if you can do it).

Alas, my Pioneer Kuro works fine via auto signal detection, but forcing full/limited range is not an option. There IS a method to force an input signal, but stupidly it's combined with color space - I can pick Component 4:4:4, Component 4:2:2, RGB Limited or RGB Full. The problem is, when you force a particular color format (component or RGB) it messes up any other connected devices using the other system. Like, my cable box always outputs Component, and it also goes through my amp, so if I force the TV into RGB Limited it makes the cable box's picture purple. And if I force component, all RGB devices go green.

Dithering does indeed help clear up the banding, but it's not as perfect as not messing with it in the first place.
It's possible if vaapi gets rewritten.
(2015-09-26, 06:46)rome Wrote: It's possible if vaapi gets rewritten.

this has nothing to do with vaapi
Regardless of hardware, is this needed for livetv to show correctly in kodi?
No, not at all.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-26, 08:38)fritsch Wrote: No, not at all.

OK good to know.
Hä? Did you really think everybody in this thread prefers to watch "shitty looking video" and we are so proud of it? :-)
Lol, I'm new to the livetv part of kodi.
(2015-09-25, 16:09)fritsch Wrote: New OE master builds online with current fernetmenta WIP. As you might have seen: Since some days Audio syncing is rough and changing daily.
Do you have plans for new ppa packages? Nothing new from 4 or 5 days :-(
wsnipex is building them - which should happen automatically at night.
I know this as general rule but you can check yourself that latest build of all Kodi packages is from 2015-09-22 (first with pvr-addons included).
New OE builds are online.

Changelog:
- Mesa 11.0.1
- Fernet's work of the day
- Bumped hts, mythtv
Again, great work being done. I've been running the build from 23/09/15 on my machine for the past few days and it's been great. I've just ordered a Braswell Intel NUC and will replace my aging Sandy Bridge i5 system.
  • 84(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18