• 96(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Yeah, exactly that :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-30, 17:13)sat4all Wrote: talking of annoying fritschBig Grin
As you know, since my upgrade to jarvis egl builds i've been struggling with a/v sync issues. so today i've decide to do a hard reset, unfortunately nothing changed. it's even worst using 28/9 build especially with some files ( most of them with ac3 track )
Starting playback results heavy skipped and dropped frames ( drop:13, skip:21 ) = a/v out of sync by arround 3s ( av: -2.xxx )
a rewind immediatly fix sync ( a/v: 0.0xx )
playing the same files with isengard build = no problems

debug log

nothing on post #1 instructs you to use crappy xbmclogs.com. this site is crap, crap, crap because it is down so often.
(2015-09-30, 17:41)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2015-09-30, 17:13)sat4all Wrote: talking of annoying fritschBig Grin
As you know, since my upgrade to jarvis egl builds i've been struggling with a/v sync issues. so today i've decide to do a hard reset, unfortunately nothing changed. it's even worst using 28/9 build especially with some files ( most of them with ac3 track )
Starting playback results heavy skipped and dropped frames ( drop:13, skip:21 ) = a/v out of sync by arround 3s ( av: -2.xxx )
a rewind immediatly fix sync ( a/v: 0.0xx )
playing the same files with isengard build = no problems

debug log

nothing on post #1 instructs you to use crappy xbmclogs.com. this site is crap, crap, crap because it is down so often.

Debug log

thanks
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
I pushed a fix, now passthrough should get synchronised too.
Very appreciated.
I will report back, when fritsch merge the fix to openelec branche.
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
(2015-09-30, 02:12)Sunflux Wrote: For quality, none of the xrandr Limited modes are best.

In order of best quality working downwards:

#1: Driver 0-255 + Kodi Limited + Dithering On/Off + TV Limited
#2: Driver 0-255 + Kodi Full + Dithering On + TV Auto/Full
#3: Driver 16-235 + Kodi Full + Dithering On + TV Auto/Limited

And those three are the only real viable options. #1 is essentially untouched - the holy grail of video purists everywhere.
I've tried #1 (or some sort of since i cannot control directly TV settings and xrandr tells it's set to Full). Great picture, great blacks, on test patterns everything below 16 is black. But I've "problem" with whites. On movies it looks OK but on test patterns flash all stripes up to 253, not to 234. Naturally stripes around 230 are much darker and the ones around 250 much whiter, but all of them flash and only from 253 or 254 then disappear and everything is white. Is it OK? Have i found the holly grail? :-)
It's normal. modern displays doesn't compresse or clip signals above reference white.
(2015-09-30, 19:06)BigL-New Wrote:
(2015-09-30, 02:12)Sunflux Wrote: For quality, none of the xrandr Limited modes are best.

In order of best quality working downwards:

#1: Driver 0-255 + Kodi Limited + Dithering On/Off + TV Limited
#2: Driver 0-255 + Kodi Full + Dithering On + TV Auto/Full
#3: Driver 16-235 + Kodi Full + Dithering On + TV Auto/Limited

And those three are the only real viable options. #1 is essentially untouched - the holy grail of video purists everywhere.
I've tried #1 (or some sort of since i cannot control directly TV settings and xrandr tells it's set to Full). Great picture, great blacks, on test patterns everything below 16 is black. But I've "problem" with whites. On movies it looks OK but on test patterns flash all stripes up to 253, not to 234. Naturally stripes around 230 are much darker and the ones around 250 much whiter, but all of them flash and only from 253 or 254 then disappear and everything is white. Is it OK? Have i found the holly grail? :-)

it's ok not a problem

this is a newbie but good guide

http://lifehacker.com/5858625/how-to-cal...es-or-less
(2015-09-30, 18:51)FernetMenta Wrote: I pushed a fix, now passthrough should get synchronised too.

you nailed itRofl thank you guys
New build is uploaded.

@sat4all: What that what you were using?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-30, 20:30)fritsch Wrote: New build is uploaded.

@sat4all: What that what you were using?

picked it up alreadyBig Grin
I adjusted the passthrough-color patch by Lauri to fit onto Kernel 4.1.x that OE is using.

This is a test version and following settings are _only_ for this test version:

- It should by default use "Video 16:235 pass-through" instead of "Full", you can verify this with xrandr --verbose please
- Your TV gets a Limited Info Frame by us, so it should be set to Limited Range - or if you have a new TV Auto should recognize this
- Kodi should be set to "Use Limited"

Direct link: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/...2fd7fa.tar

Happy for some feedback.
(2015-09-30, 21:18)fritsch Wrote: I adjusted the passthrough-color patch by Lauri to fit onto Kernel 4.1.x that OE is using.

This is a test version and following settings are _only_ for this test version:

- It should by default use "Video 16:235 pass-through" instead of "Full", you can verify this with xrandr --verbose please
- Your TV gets a Limited Info Frame by us, so it should be set to Limited Range - or if you have a new TV Auto should recognize this
- Kodi should be set to "Use Limited"

Direct link: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/...2fd7fa.tar

Happy for some feedback.

Tested, and it works just perfect. Verified with xrandr --verbose and voila: "broadcast RGB: Video 16:235 pass-through"

Kodi limited --> TV forced to limited range = correct
Kodi limited --> TV set to auto range = correct

Good work as always!
Yeah - it was Lauri. I only had to fix the hunks for kernel 4.1.x.

So what do we want to do? :-) Introduce a custom kernel patch / setting that will nowhere work besides on OpenELEC? and Force the Gui Setting "Use Limited Range" to on?

That would be an awesome default?
Assuming OE is used mostly on TVs, it should be a safe default. If anyone is using a PC monitor (or a buggy TV) and ends up with grey blacks, they can just switch to full range in Kodi (and let the display continue to ignore the limited range flag).

What about platforms other than Intel?
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18